wow,,,,,,,updt d next part soonnnnnnnnnnnnn
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 38
Mar. 23, 2011 10:49 pm

"What do you mean you have to leave?" repeated Maan. "How can you even contemplate such a horrible thing?"

"Maan," said Geet with tinges of despair in her soft voice, "please don't make this more difficult. I have to leave, you must see that."

Geet pulled out of Maan's embrace as she said those killing words, leaving him bereft and hurt. "No, I don't see that!" was all he could utter.

"Maan, the only way I'm able to get through the day is to not think about my past, pretend it never happened, but the truth is it did happen. It's something that I can't deny, nor can I deny that someone like me has no right to inflict herself on this family."

"Inflict yourself? What exactly is that supposed to mean?" Maan ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Do you call working in my office and keeping everything running smoothly, 'inflicting yourself'? Or what about how you take care of the house, Dadi and JD? Have you even consider what the effect will be on JD if you leave. He relies on you. We all do!"

The tears started as Geet spoke emotionally. "Of course I've thought about the effect on JD. I realize how difficult it will be for him, but how can I keep looking after him if his uncle and I have problems?"

"Problems. What problems? Right now the only problem I can see is that you are intending to abandon us."

"Maan, please stop avoiding the point."

"What is the point, because I seem to have missed it."

"The point is that I'm not worthy of you."

"Don't talk nonsense!"

"It's not nonsense." The tears continued to flow, even as Geet looked at Maan with pleading eyes. "Maan, you don't understand what this kind of thing does to victims. And I am a victim, regardless of the fact that Brij didn't fully carry out his intentions. I'm broken inside, Maan. To the outside world I seem like a put together, normal girl, but on the inside my soul is shattered into a thousand pieces. I don't have the right to burden anyone else with my pain."

"It seems to me that you don't have any faith in me," claimed Maan, looking grim. "You my not think so, but I can understand what you've been going through. When I found out about Sameera, I felt sick, stupid, and used. I know what it's like to be betrayed by someone you love and who should love you back. I know my pain isn't much compared what you've had to deal with, but I think it lets me understand, at least a little."

"Maan, you think I think you don't understand pain? Do you think that just because I went through something bad, that makes what happened to you less bad?" Maan just shrugged his shoulders. Geet's shoulders drooped at the misconception he was under. She would never belittle someone else's pain.

"Maan, that's not it at all. I know what happened to you, and I know how much Sameera's actions hurt you. Your pain was completely justified. I'm sure that you can understand what I'm feeling."

"Geet, if that's true, then I don't understand why you are pulling away from me."

Maan had said those words as he tried to move close to Geet. She moved back instinctively from him, turning her head away. That action infuriated Maan. He wasn't angry at Geet, so much as he was angry that she kept trying to go away from him. He couldn't understand why she was doing that, and the explanations that she gave didn't make sense to him.

He couldn't take it anymore, and reached out to grab her shoulders, pulling her hard towards himself, uncaring if his grip gave her pain. "Why, Geet? Why do you always try to leave me? You are always trying to go away and I want to know why?"

Geet couldn't stand his constant questioning, and finally cried, "Because my brother tried to rape me!"

Once the words left her mouth, Geet realized how loudly she had yelled them. Lowering her voice, she repeated, "My own brother tried to rape me. I belong to a family where a man was intending to commit incest with his sister. What kind of person does that make me? How can I even dare to think of trying to fit into a normal family?"

"What? What?" Maan stared at Geet in disbelief. "You can't, surely you can't blame yourself. Geet, nothing that happened to you was your fault. You are not responsible."

"But..."

"No! No buts! You just get that thought right out of your head! And I don't want to hear any talk of you carrying the same weaknesses in your blood, or any nonsense like that. I don't believe that DNA has anything to do with it. People who belong to the same family and have the same DNA often turn out different. Why? Because of their own choices, their own actions. Your actions have shown me that you are the sweetest, kindest, most caring woman on the planet. There is nobody who is more worthy and deserving of everything good in life than you."

Maan's impassioned speech pierced through the wall of pain that enveloped her heart. His words of admiration countered years of low self-esteem, especially as they came from the person that she loved with all her heart. She had only wanted to go away because she loved him so, and wanted to avoid harming him with her past. However, his words acted like a soothing balm to her troubled mind, even as she began crying in earnest.

Maan couldn't stand to see her tears. He pulled her tightly into his embrace, murmuring words that he hoped would calm her down. He promised to stay with her and help her through her pain, just as she had helped him. He stroked her hair, as she pressed her face into his chest, assuring her that he was with her and it would be alright. It took awhile, but eventually Geet's sobbing subsided, though she continued to stay buried in his warm embrace.

Hoping that it wouldn't set off another round of crying, but unable to keep from saying the words, Maan said, "I don't want you to ever talk about leaving again, understand? Because I won't let you. If you try to leave, I will follow you. I will hire all the best detectives and follow you where ever you go, so you might as well just stay here."

Maan couldn't see, but Geet smiled a little at his continued insistence that she shouldn't leave. "Why is it so important to you that I stay here?" she asked.

Maan hadn't been expecting the question, and fumbled with his words. "I...I...because I..." Geet was amused, but didn't let him off the hook. She repeated the question.

"I...uh...I...My life isn't the same without you in it, Geet. I need you in my life."

"Hmmm." It wasn't exactly a declaration of eternal love, but after the emotional roller coaster she had just been on, Geet would take it.

Mar. 26, 2011 8:09 am

It had been a few days since the confrontation over Geet's past, and ever since then, Maan had stuck to Geet like glue. He kept using the excuse of helping her, to justify his constant presence, but Geet new better. She knew that Maan somewhere inside Maan was worried that she was going to leave. She wasn't, but she didn't know how to make his subconscious realize that fact. She just continued to let him hang around, but it was starting to get a little annoying. At the moment they were in the kitchen, where Geet was attempting to make breakfast.

"So, what can I do to help?" asked Maan brightly.

"You can go away and let me get breakfast ready."

"Come on, Geet, I want to help."

"No you don't. You just want to bother me!"

"Bother you? I bother you? Well, if I'm such a bother, then I don't know why I'm standing way over here. If you're going to accuse me of bothering you, then I should do something to warrant that accusation."

Maan walked up behind Geet and put his arms around her waist. Geet, who hadn't been expecting the contact, squealed, turning around quickly. She almost lost her balance, which was a perfect opportunity for Maan to hold her tighter and bring her closer to himself. They were so close that their noses were almost touching. Geet tried to pull back, but Maan wouldn't let her.

"I thought you made me a promise not to behave in a way that would trouble me any more," commented Geet.

"I gave up on that promise. It's not fun. However, if I do something you don't like, you can always tell me to stop." Maan moved one of his hands from her waist to touch her ear.

"For example, if you find my touching your ear to be ticklish, you can protest." Geet said nothing, but moved her head slightly. "Or, if I caress your cheek, you can complain that my hand is too rough." Maan moved is fingers from her ear to slide gently down her cheek, with Geet's only response being the closing of her eyes.

"Or, if I hold you cheek and bring my lips closer to yours," whispered Maan seductively, "you can push me away, since I'll be least expecting it." Geet didn't push Maan away, but instead moved her hands to rest on his shoulders. Their lips were only a hair's breadth apart, so close that they could taste each other.

"GT, I'm mad at Harsh." JD came into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and with a pout on his face.

Maan and Geet sprang apart when they heard JD come in, but Maan kept his arm around Geet's waist. Geet tried to peal his arm away without success even as she asked, "Why are you mad at Harsh?"

JD took in the sight of his uncle and Geet's closeness without comment, instead complaining, "I was trying to talk to Harsh on the Skype about lions, and all he would talk about is crickets. Cricket, cricket, cricket! I don't want to hear about any buggy game."

Maan laughed to hear JD describe India's most prominent sport in such a way. He let go of Geet and picked JD up, saying, "Cricket is a game that Harsh likes, just like you like football and basketball. You like to talk about your favorite teams, right?" JD nodded. "Well, India is doing very well in the Cricket World Cup right now, so naturally Harsh is very excited about that."

"You know, JD," said Geet, happy with the way Maan had dealt with JD's upset, "I bet Harsh would like to teach you about Cricket, when they come to visit us this summer."

JD's frowny face immediately changed as he asked, "Really, Taya and Tayi and Harsh and Meenal are coming to visit?"

"Yes, sometime around 4th of July."

"Yipeee!" JD wriggled out of Maan's arms and jumped up and down, around the kitchen.

Once he had calmed down, he asked, "GT, what are we doing today?"

"Well, first we are going to have French Toast for breakfast, if your uncle ever lets me make it." Maan gave Geet an innocent look that she wasn't buying. "Then, we are going to the library."

"Oh, cool," interrupted JD. "Can we get lion books?"

"Yes, we can get lion books. In the afternoon we will play games, and then it will be time for dinner and bed."

"Wow, JD, that's sounds like a very full day," said Maan.

"Yeah, GT likes to have lots of things for me to do, so I don't get bored. Uncle what are you going to do today?"

"Well, I have some work I need to finish. Now, JD why don't you go and watch some cartoons while Geet makes breakfast." JD left happily at the thought of cartoons, while Maan gave Geet a look that was very nearly a smirk.

"Geet makes breakfast, hah! Geet will make breakfast if a certain someone will go away and let her work." Geet put her hands on her hips and gave him a look that conveyed she was serious.

"Alright, Ms. Geet Handa, I will let you do your work and spend your day with JD, but tonight you're mine."

Geet blinked, and asked uncertainly, "What does that mean?"

"It means, that you and I are going on a date."

"A date?"

Maan grinned at the confusion with which Geet said those words, and confirmed, "Yes, a date?"

"But, where and what...I mean what does that mean?"

"You know what a date means, Geet. A man and a woman go out together, just the two of them, and spend time with one another." Maan turned away and started exiting the kitchen, well pleased with Geet's flustered reaction.

"But, you haven't said where we're going. How will I know what to wear?"

"Just wear something casual, jeans and a shirt. Oh, and you'll need your coat. It's supposed to be cold tonight."

zaqxsw thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Got to read ur update before the pm... 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
Loved the way Maan handled the entire situation...
Thankfully he didnt sympathise with Geet becoz Geet surely didnt need that...
The morning breakfast scene was awesome... I just love the way Maan expresses his feelings towards Geet... 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
DATE...!!!!!
Thats surely a treat...
Another part for the DATE should follow soon becoz I am soooooo excited for their DATE now... Just wishing to read how Maan makes it special for his lady love... 😳😳😳😳😳😳
Please update soon...
Thanks for the amazing update...😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Edited by zaqxsw - 13 years ago
NoorFatima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

wow.. double treat for me today

read part 36 and now got 37

the update are really cool
so the past is out atlast..

lovin the story..
prerna1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
cool part
plz continue soon
annie.shona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

W-O-W 

!!!!

waiting for that date update..

plzzzzzz

update soon.. 

and nysh update btw.. 

bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
soooooooooo sweet

at last every thing is well set between maneet
raj_202 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
excellent update

now maan want to go for a date

lets see what happen  there
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
amazing part.......waiting for the date......continue soon.....
kkaavvyyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thnk u for d quick update,,,,,,,,,,,,dat was to gud,,,relievd to see,,,finally geet not leavng them,,,nw i hope u show hw maan manages to paattooa geet,,,which wud be dificult,,,,,,,,bt v hv faith in ur writng,u'l mk tht also memorable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,updt soonn,,cant wait to read more