TOI:Bollywood forgets is legends-Kadar Khan

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Bollywood forgets its LEGENDS 

Kader Khan,whos back to TV after a long hiatus,tells Neha Maheshwri what prompted him to return 

Youre back after a long hiatus in H i Pa d o s i !...K a u n H a Doshi 

I had no intentions of making a comeback but what prompted me were frequent emails,messages and letters from my fans requesting me to return and the fact that they miss me.I would also credit my comeback to the channel as I share a great rapport with them.

What do you think about the humour of today which is mostly below the belt 

Comedy is a must in every show.I would agree that comedy has now become a little vulgar and this is to do with the one upmanship that everybody is trying to have.If one tries to crack a joke to make people laugh,the other goes a notch higher to outdo the former and it becomes even more vulgar.

You are one of the pioneers in writing comic scripts.Does this downfall sadden you 

It does,but then there is nothing that can be done to amend it.With the change in the standard of comedy,even the norms and ideologies of a family have gone into a transformation.

Fans miss the lethal trio of you,Shakti Kapoor and Govinda.Do you plan to revive the same magic 

I would love to recreate the magic of the trio but times have changed.My concern is about forming the group again.People have moved on and also the age factor plays a pivotal role.We cant play the same character as we did 10 years ago.

Do you think Bollywood has forgotten its legends 

Its heartbreaking to admit but yes,they have conveniently forgotten the legends.On their way up,they forget to look behind and acknowledge the thespians who have been an institution in themselves.Nobody acknowledges or thanks the legends who have taught the younger breed to act,laugh or even render their dialogues.The worst part is that Bollywood doesnt have any history that can teach the current actors about the contribution by the stalwarts.

TICKLING THE FUNNY BONE: Kader Khan 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywood_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
thank for sharin