TOI:Terence-I dun give God a name

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 6:52pm | IP Logged

SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT 
I dont give God a shape and a name 

... says choreographer Terence Lewis,who believes spirituality helps him understand the complexities of life 

Ido believe in God but I wouldnt call myself a religious person.I dont give God a shape and a name and thats because I believe that God is like an energy that surrounds us all,and God is present in everything and everyone around us.I do not recite any specific prayer.I define prayer as thanking God for everything that he has given me good health,a thinking mind and the grace that he has bestowed on me all these years.
I am a spiritual person as I believe that spirituality is an important aspect of my life that keeps me rooted and keeps me in tune with the bigger picture of life.According to me,religion does not always provide us answers to the difficult questions in life.Religion comes with its own set of cultural norms and rituals which makes it rigid,religion asks for total acceptance without any room for questions.On the other hand,spirituality provides scope for questioning our doubts and answers to questions that religion may not be able to answer.I also believe that any religion which is exclusive in nature is not humanitarian.Religion is sufficient for the common man whereas,spirituality is apt for the thinking man.
I did have a very religious upbringing and I was very religious till I was about 17-18 years old.I steered more towards spirituality when I began reading about philosophy and cultural anthropology.Reading Tolstoy,Deepak Chopra,Osho,etc.has helped get a better understanding of life.I have visited the Vatican but I dont visit religious places regularly.I would love to visit any place that has history and intrigue to it and not necessarily religious.Im not superstitious.I believe that hardwork is the key to success in life.
I meditate in the mornings for about half an hour.I was introduced to a yoga program by a dear friend,and after having attended the sessions I felt an inner sense of peace/tranquillity.I have attended several discourses,and it was a truly soul searching experience.I have incorporated a lot of Sadhguru Vasudevs teachings in my day to day and work life.
I am a firm believer in introspection and taking a stock of how I have been,what i have done and how and what i want to be and what I want to do.I get my strength by thinking in life enhancing ways and knowing that gods hand is guiding me all the way.My advice for living a happy fulfiled life is to live your life to the fullest.Treat others how you would want to be treated.Take risks and challenges that will help you grow.Enjoy and appreciate the smallest pleasures and gifts of life.

As told to LA 

FULL OF GRATITUDE: Terence Lewis 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilaamotlymileo

amotlymileo Goldie
amotlymileo
amotlymileo

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
thnx for sharing Tanu diTongue
somewhat like myself...even i don't believe that god has any name,shape or religion...i see him as some supreme source of energy and power....
so glad that these thoughts that i have are so similar to him...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index