Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: mysterygurl1427

@Jyoti- damn girl.....kitna lamba likha hai aapnay!!! LMAO....one reason why i didn't read it the day u posted it....cause i had to find time when there are no interruptions so i can sit and peacefully read it! I agree with everything you said........dadi has always been manipulative....we have seen it many times......Dadi convincing Geet to work for her "grandson" .....when geet wanting to leave she convinces maan to let her stay as she is sick.......

Yup Dadi has been consistently manipulative right from the old days...all she wanted was to see her grandsons happy and for that she has treated Geet more or less like a tool.

she has used this characteristic very well throughout the show.....but right now it am beibg very angry......she used this characteristic for good reasons......but right now she is becoming tooo emotional....maybe i will never understand this until i myself am a mother.....NOW...that is a long way to go🤣
I feel Dadi ka behaviour has a hidden objective too...mayb Dev is her gradson byt MSK is not...but since MSK only can run the business because dev is a donkey😆,so Dadi is forced to hear MSK's decisions but from her heart,she has more love and feelings for Dev🤔...this can b a good and interesting track if CVs can use Dadi ka present characteristic to build up this track😉

U know about the miscommunication.......i still feel that maaneet have been the only couple that have the most understanding between one another then any other couple i have ever seen on Television from Kksum to Kutumb....to saat phere to banoo mein teri dulhan....to a long list lets just say!
Whenever Geet has something in her heart she never failed to tell maan....for instance their first confession night in the forest.....there she talked of her fears.......he listened......
Shivi yes I agree...compared to other couples on TV,Maaneet do hv the best  understanding among each other👍🏼..but without comparison ,if I see I hv noticed one thing that somewhere both feel the need to protect each other and thats why hide things from each other thinking its for their betterment...they do share it later though😆 but my point is why can't they together try to sort out the issues rather than hiding things in the beginning and trying to sort it alone when they r a husband-wife now😳

she has talked this way with him all the time!!! However, whenever it came in time to say something that might end up hurting him or her...both always kept it to themselves. Example.....i remember the JA scene.......after Maan said those intense and passionate words to her that he cannot stand anyone say anything insulting to her....Geet had realized then for the first time that she had fallen for him!
However, her pregnancy and her past made her to decide to stay away from him.....she felt that before he starts to feel the same for her she needs to get away from him....as her past will kill him from the inside, he will not be able to bare her past.

They always make assumptions when it comes to situations where one of them would end up getting hurt😆.....and the same geet is doin now....she thinks all hell will break loose when maan finds out that Dev was the person that saved him and that he gave him blood
another assumption!! 😳

Shivi thats what I m saying...both assume things in advance and try to protect each other from pain by hiding things from each other..like even MSK had hidden the pregnency complication thing from Geet thinking she will get hurt..but we saw when Geet came to know about it,she felt proud of MSK....mayb this time also when MSK will come to know the truth,he will b proud of Geet..so both need to stop making such assumptions now...but in Geet's case things r a bit more complicated because she is constantly supressed by Dadi's strong words...in MSK's case at least noone was doing this emotional atyaachar on him and it was his own decision to hide it from Geet but in Geet's case she is constantly getting emotionally blackmailed by Dadi whom she respects so much...yes we can argue that why is she listening to Dadi...but lets put ourselves in Geet's shoes and try to understand her position here...she has too much burden on herself  and at this moment she is clueless what to do..mayb she needs some time here to sit and make a decision of what next to do...dunno why but I do feel her pain in the last episode😭😭

But Jyoti shister beautiful beautiful take and analysis of the episode as i feel the same as you do!! It was a bang on episode.....every thing was perfect......from technical issues....to the top notching acting by DD, GC, Dadi, and SS.. to the perfect bg scores.....
Yup fact that we r discussing so much is a proof enough that episode was worth it😆😳

yes it is a 10/10 after 3 weeks🤣

I hope we get many more such 10/10 episodes this week😆😛

surprisingly!!!

Chalo my reply in red here😛
lovetheserial thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Jyoti, (Jyoti you seem like you'r a night bird with the midnight working up your appetite for intelligent thoughts)

Munni, Shivu (m-gurl), (my response in red)

Saw the Episode late because I was out today and I always hv a bad luck of missing the good episodes in real time and catching the crap ones..so it was no different today ..Anyways hv lots to say about today's episode because it touched me deeply and also made me think a lot after a long time ...

I loved the Episode today ...in terms of execution... acting.... flow... editing... drama... emotions... camerawork... it was a complete flawless episode that we got after a long time

Yes, in a long time, there has not been an episode that surpassed as todays.  Flawless, I can't say.  But far ahead in the qualities you mentioned.

.Ok now one thing which I hv noticed all this while....

Everytime there is an issue between them ,they try to hide it from each other and want to alone solve the problem thinking sharing is not a good option because he or she will get hurt then...Whether its MSK or Geet ..they always try to alone solve the problem and protect the other....but never try to share it and then solve it together...I wonder why

MSK too judges beforehand that I should sort out this problem without telling Geet or else she will b hurt..reason why he had hidden the pregnency complication secret from Geet but then Geet finds it out from the doctor and then tells MSK why u r so mahaan and today Get et too does the same and mayb when MSK will find out from some third person,he will also say Geet tum itni achhi kyun ho.

So neither MSK is weak nor Geet is weak here because at certain points both had hidden some facts from each other thinking they r doing a mahaan sacrifice... ..but their main problem still is lack of communication since both feel that hiding things from each other is the best way to see their beloved happy but thats where they r going wrong and they need to rectify this Via Communication

We can't say Geet is weak or wrong today for hiding the blood donation secret from MSK...she is hiding it because she feels ,if she tells him the truth,his ego will b deeply hurt....Earlier too MSK had hidden the pregnency complication chapter from Geet...Was MSK weak or wrong that time ?Nope ..he only had a God complex and wanted to hide it because he felt Geet will b hurt knowing this....but that was never the case and Geet understood him ..right ??...Same is happening with Geet today..she feels MSK will b hurt knowing the truth but mayb he will understand her point more if she tells him the truth....So where is the problem...its the lack of communication in their relationship ...  

So is it the CV's fault for not showing the proper communication between them ??In that case we can't blame the new CVs because even old CVs never showed a proper matured conversation between the two except the Tent-Date wala episode.....So I m assuming its not the CV's fault but deliberately they r showing this lack of communication problem between the two so that both can learn from their mistakes and try to communicate more with each other ....if their communication level changes towards the end of this track,then I can totally understand the need of both this pregnency-complication and Dev-fiasco track ...I guess now I can understand what exactly CVs r trying to show to us...they r creating a similar situation for both ...First MSK ka dilemma related to her pregnency and now Geet ka dilemma related to Dev issue ...in both cases ,both hv tried to hide things from each other which hv created a rift between them.....So the question arises..whats really lacking in their relationship ??Is over-possessiveness from each other working against their relationship because the over-possessiveness and over-protectiveness is increasing the communication gap between the two and thats what is affecting their relationship here....So will they understand this and try to rectify it ?? ...

Geet and Maan seem to enjoy supressed  freedom in their lives.  Geet by virtue of being in a traditional high class family of Punjab, the social customs and traditions dictated the rules for their lives.  She was a vibrant young blood but being woman and being denied freedom to express or breaking out to independent thought processes were irrelevant in their lives.  Honor killings ruled the day in that village.

Maan dictated supression in his emotional upbringing at a later stage where they have failed to give us connecting retracks of his life.  He laughed, he enjoyed, he loved but all were burnt to ashes at a certain time in his life. This truth was revealed to Geet when she saw his 'laughing pic' and where he played with children in Peeloon seq.

Conditioned suppression often takes the form of quitely sponging in challenging situations and in Geets case bearing the consequences as emotional atyachar and in the case of Maan such challenges find expression in discerning them to the solving table for solutions.  Either way conditioning allows that liberated attitude of an ego that makes them feel great sacrificers for the other. 

Overprotectiveness and overpossessiveness seem to be born out of a fear of losing one another and I guess this is what we are gonna see in Maans attitude to Geets change of heart for Dev necessitated by her indebtedness to him.  Jyoti in case the CVs need to understand sex as a great harbinger of self-confidence and peace, destroying any suspicions of love lost. There is no harm in being over-Protective or over-Posessive ; these are just expressions of love and they dont have to include agape love in their lives right now.

This would keep their love life vibrant and spontaneous.  But at least a pretension of a SR is an immediate need to understanding one another and bringing any conflict on to the table.  They will trust and give in to each others hearts overtime.  Problems will then be automatically brought down to the ironing board.  They say the best time to hear each other out on a lighter note is after a sexual encounter.  Not office problems, not khandani problems, but unburdening of the heart where emotions are understood in the right light, where each others heartbeat will easen situations and conflicts.

Coming to other aspects of the Episode...I m amazed with the way MSK shows his possessiveness for Geet in each and every frame of the epi today ...he just doesn't like to see even a fly roaming around Geet  or Geet showing concern or taking any other guy's name from her mouth ...and here toh its Dev..when MSK din't even spare the tailor ..toh Dev kis khet ki mooli hai ...no wonder MSK jal jal ke bharta ban jaayega in the coming episodes ...just notice his expressions everytime Geet takes Dev ka naam from her mouth ...he even went to the extent of saying "Dadi ho ya God...why the hell did u even listen to do something for that Dev" ...I was like woww he doesn't even care for dadi ka words when it comes to his Gith ...but well we all love this possessive MSK the way GC portrays it .,...

Here I see an underlying quality of jealousy at work.  Ofcourse, all of us convince ourselves that the great Maan is incapable of such sub-standard feelings and his concern for her pain at the very name or sight of Dev is triggering his words.  But jealousy for her, is the translation of his physical need of her.  They need to allow a consummation track (angle badal badal ke) wherein his confidence of Geets love will be complete and fulfilling.

Coming to Dadi,She is the main person in Khurana Empire...then why is she folding her hands and begging in front of MSK for Dev's stay in the house ?? ..she could hv told MSK with full authority that its my house and I will decide whether Dev will stay or not because like MSK,even Dev is my grandson...but instead we see Dadi almost begging here for MSK's permission which puts this question that whether Dadi is a Khurana or not ,,...:I m too confused about Dadi right now ..some of her actions r looking a bit fishy to me now...the way today she suddenly got injured on her foot and then asked Geet to take the garam water to the outhouse ...why can't she call  a servant there ?? ...and we saw that the servant later came and took the hot water to the outhouse which means servant was available but for some reason Dadi wanted Geet to take the hot water to the outhouse... ...so this tells me one thing  about Dadi that she knows that MSK ka weakness is Geet and so MSK will never tolerate Geet again and again travelling all the way to the outhouse for Dev ...so mayb Dadi hopes that just to keep eye on whats happening in the house,mayb MSK will allow Dev to enter the house till he gets fully fit so that he can keep an eye on things and Dadi too gets what she wants..that is Entry of Dev in KM ..Mayb right now Dadi is not manipulative..but somewhere I see the signals of her becoming manipulative later on when she will notice that MSK is listening only to Geet here...she mayb already noticing it from his words and actions ...Today I felt somewhere Dadi was irritated with MSK's dominating attitude....when she folded her hands in front of MSK,it looked as if she was pissed off somewhere with the way MSK was dominating everything but she was forced to listen to his verdict .......So mayb it will b her over-attachment towards her grandson Dev only which will make her manipulative and maybe selfish to some extent because she knows that MSK has it all but Dev has nothing and needs something for survival ..lets see how CVs take ahead Dadi ka pendulum character

Indisputably MSK stands to pull all strings with ref. To KM and KC.  I saw Dadi's folded hands as resignation to Maans honorable position as the kingmaker.  He has the power to veto in all matters or endorse matters.  Her love for Dev just seems her love for a softer, quiter, resigned to the world potha who is unfocussed and indecisive.  She would like to be the strong fortress for him.  Maan does not need this support of Dadi.  Hence this undue love shown.    

But her actions at making Geet take the hot water, just happens to be a passing scene.  I refuse to believe that Dev is the goody two shoes.  He happens to be the fraud and manipulative gangster.  His motives are only veiled for the moment.  His transition is expected soon.  But again I reiterate that Dadi is a convenient liar and an unjust character who succumbs to family pride and family honor and family roots at the cost of justice, honesty and, integrity.  Could Maan be the only strain of the very Great Khurana Khandan !

But this whole first scene of the episode was terrific in terms of some superlative performances given by Anjuji,GC and DD,.,,,,MSK's initial anger when he shouts at Geet in the start...then the way he says sorry to Geet with his eyes filled in pain and agony..then the way he justifies his stand to Dadi and Geet about why Dev can't stay in this house and then in the end the way he gives permission regarding Dev's stay till he becomes fit but with extreme hesitency and a feeling of defeat in his voice and eyes were some flawless exhibition of expressions by GC ...Its not easy for an actor to hv such flawless variety of expressions in one scene but time and again GC-DD hv proved their versatility in this department ..Even DD was flawless with her expresssions of fear and guilt  

I agree that GC and DD were sterling performers in this wide arena of emotional drama.  A contract worth its weight in GOLD.

I know I m repeating myself again and again ...But GC-DD were indeed terrific in the whole episode  and the camera-execution was spot on especially in the last scene today ...it was a technically perfect episode... ...And I m really in awe of GC and DD's performance today...u give them power-packed performance oriented scenes and they just deliver flawlessly the emotions that they showed today were looking so real...His anger and her shivering in fear in the soup wala scene or in the end hot-water wala scene was fantabulous ..gosh even my heart skipped a beat in both these scenes...total powerpacked performances from both......Last scene was the best in terms of acting and execution ...The way MSK gives that painful look in the end with those hidden tears in his eyes questioning her the reason behind her concern for Dev really touches your heart  and also looking at Geet's helpless situation here ..the way she is torn between her duties towards Dadi,MSK and her own principles...u just can't help but feel for her ....Again I repeat outstanding performances by both.

I totally agree with you jyoti,  outstanding performances.  Hmmmm,  I was watching the Academy Awards Ceremony, and thought as to when would our serials supercede the American ones in terms of screenplay, original adaptation and art direction ! 

Last but not the least Annie-Dev scene ;I liked thscene strictly for Dev's acting here;Samir was good with his expressions   ;He looked fishy with his expressions today when he was hugging Annie or talking to her about how Bro hates him and so he thought mayb she too will hate him ;It looked as if Dev was trying to test Annie ka loyalty here..to see whether she is loyal towards khoon ka rishta or bahar ka rishta(ala Geet) ;About Annie forgiving Dev so easily,I can't really blame her because she has not witnessed it with her own eyes what all Geet went through because of Dev.....She only heard it from MSK's mouth while MSK is the one who actually witnessed Geet's trauma...so MSK can understand it more than anyone else while Annie can never grasp that pain of Geet and so it was easy for her to forgive Dev in the name of bhaiii ...

Fully endorse.

Precap looks interesting and it seems some goons r out to tell MSK about the blood secret and mayb they hv also sent the photo of Geet begging in front of Dev to MSK to create further rifts between them ...and who knows mayb its all planted by Dev only ...Chalo precap does make all curious for Monday which is a good sign for the series

Yeah.  For all we know, Dev would only be the repentent sinner, who becomes the plotter after repeated rejections from Maan; The goons are acting on a vendetta basis in the aftermath of  the Hotel encounter.  Dev may just be an instrument to admit the vainglorious NT to Arjun.

Cheers Jyoti.
Edited by lovetheserial - 13 years ago
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
koi hai??

i finally just watched the episode....

n wrote some crap in points...

I liked almost everything.... 
1. Maan giving Geet a silent treatment... If Maan wasnt angry with Geet and knows Geet will be troubled too, why give her the silent treatment during her difficult pregnancy??? to make her even more tensed??? well thats how ppl behave when they are angry at themselves as well... this showed it so well that Maan isnt god ...Maan isnt mahaan...he is just human..... who loves his Geet a lot....
2. Geet's way of telling Maan why she was going to the outhouse
3. The fact that Maan needs Geet even to find his clothes.... lol.... all these guys despite being independent before marriage become totally dependent on wife after marriage...taliya loa type pati.... hahahahahha
4. Geet's turmoil at having kept a secret from maan....
5. Annie - grrrrrrr...how dare she ask Geet if Geet prepared breakfast for Dev as well and how dare she says she hopes all will be fine soon..... But for her its always been easy to forgive.... she doesnt think too much... she still hasnt grasped the seriousness of why arjun wants to ruin her life and inturn ruin maan's life... likewise she doesnt understand that what dev has done can never be forgiven.... n by donating blood to Maan he hasnt done anything mahaan... even strangers donate blood...n here ehsaan on geet is absolutely not there.... maan is dev's brother so its his duty to donate blood if his brother needed it.....
6. Maan's total faith that Dev is upto something and Geet isnt at fault at all
7. Daadi - she is such a pendulum..... that will bring the needed twists to the story in future... am kinda sure that Maan aint her actual pota but maan is the owner of everything khuranas own...

I hope they play this track well and finally bring to fore Maan's past and his real relationship with Daadi, dev, annie and all.... coz we very well know that Dev's mom used to call maan Chote saab.... like all the other servants do... so there is definitely some back story....

What I dint like
1. Arjun's new look.... not that i liked his earlier look....
2. Romeo, Pinky and Adi seem wasted in the serial.... they need to get better screen space....

Parneet, Abhishek and Aditi are better actors than Piyush and Nikunj.... Please give them better roles and stop this AA torture on us asap.....

n yipeeee am happy the new writer Mahesh Pandey is here.... he is known for his passionate scenes.... he created MiChi magic and also Pratham-Gauri magic..... so am hoping to see Maneet kiss soon..... lol.....