Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Epi Discussion Thread |21st Feb-25th Feb# 2 | LU Pg 39 (Page 64)

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

This whole episode was shot soooooooo beautifully. I loved all the moments of light playing on their faces...ethereal...and the water drinking scene once again looked to be happening at sunset time...no words for how splendid it came out as...

Lovedlovedloved Jaana Jogi De Naal and Mann Ki Lagan both...goosebumps...Smile All I can think of while watching these scenes is that if MR can do this, can emote in such a manner while being blind...just wow. Ksh, I hope you feel now that MR has given a spellbinding performance this year too...the most minute of expressions...I am just in awe of the subtlety and control and conveyance that he is able to achieve...HOW does he do it? And once again, the transition from contentment to remembering about bitter things that await and overshadow their lives at the moment...flawless and so NATURAL...the way this man will put his head to the side and 'fall' into thought...brilliant

The failure crew's car ride ROFL One hell of an awkward, never-passing trip it must have felt like LOL Kala is such a psychopath WackoROFL I cannot get over the way she was CONTINUOUSLY staring at Seema LOL Oh boy...

MV was so great too...two moments that stood out for me: one when she runs her wet hand over Dutta's face...such an instinctive gesture, beautiful Clap And her expressions as she wiped his face...I don't have words to describe it, but there was such an outpour of love and pain on her face...of the most pure kind...amazing. Second, when she wipes her own tears while telling him about all of Kala's shenanigans...they way she was crying...soooo naturally done Clap

Very, very, VERY interesting conversations, especially the last one...lots of food for thought there...what will Dutta do...how will the future track be...what will happen? 

And the precap...Baaaaaaaaji Rao Party And it''s a scene with AG, fantastic! So, so looking forward to it. 

Red: It was quite something LOL The BG at the back just glancing at the side to Seema, what a weird lookin guy! Then Suds glancing towards Kala! I don't know but when I saw that car, I was like hainnnnn??!! I thought Seema would be tied up or something....but Kala isn't that bad I guess....she's driving Seema to hell without any rope and moo bandhing! LOL
Blue: Gosh I have been thinking about that since yday! I have no ideaaa.......

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
I am yet to read all the posts today, in the main forum and ED, but someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who doesn't see how Nakku is getting more focus than Dutta? Confused As I watched the episode, their expressions and reactions had me so zoned in and hanging on to every word and movement that I didn't even notice any people that were supposedly walking around the jungle...it felt like Dutta and Nakku to me...not more of one or the other...MR got so many dialogues, so many prolonged moments to play out those emotions that Dutta was undergoing...what moments exactly are these that gave more focus to Nakku? Confused

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

droopy_asleepAbhiAni-sourire-neets_ltlPooja_219MelodiousDreamspigbelly4myfeetincandescence--Sia--khushixMrsKhanAreYaar

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

I am yet to read all the posts today, in the main forum and ED, but someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who doesn't see how Nakku is getting more focus than Dutta? Confused As I watched the episode, their expressions and reactions had me so zoned in and hanging on to every word and movement that I didn't even notice any people that were supposedly walking around the jungle...it felt like Dutta and Nakku to me...not more of one or the other...MR got so many dialogues, so many prolonged moments to play out those emotions that Dutta was undergoing...what moments exactly are these that gave more focus to Nakku? Confused

No one person is getting MORE focus, I was just staring at them throughout. It was Dutta talking and Naku reacting and listening. The problem is perhaps the angle switch to take in both of their reactions at the same time. But other than that, it was fine. I don't notice people or dogs, or goats or anything. So yeah your right.

Edited by neets_ltl - 25 February 2011 at 2:31pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.AbhiAni-sourire-Pooja_219MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeaking

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

Even without watching the epi, I will WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with you on this! I didn't even see how there was supposedly "less focus" on Dutta yesterdayConfusedConfused  Where are all these theories coming from??ConfusedConfused

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

preetiam-sourire-neets_ltlMelodiousDreamspigbelly4myfeetkabeeraspeakingincandescencekhushixMrsKhan

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Even without watching the epi, I will WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with you on this! I didn't even see how there was supposedly "less focus" on Dutta yesterdayConfusedConfused  Where are all these theories coming from??ConfusedConfused

Completely agree, just watched the episode and all I saw was Dutta and Naku. There was no extra focus or anything like that...maybe im just lost in lala land :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlPooja_219MelodiousDreamspigbelly4myfeetkabeeraspeakingMrsKhan

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Thoughts on the episode :)
Naku - her character is known to give bhashans, her long lecture to Dutta on love, was a good example of that. She has always been that God fearing typical woman - but also one of strength. Her Aai Bolti Hai line that women are capable of more tolerance than man, is also so in character and frankly what is wrong with that statement? Its true - any woman who has gone through labor and delivery can attest to that fact, that men however strong they are, are incapable of bearing that pain, and hence the statement.
As for Dutta's dialogues, my interpretation is how much of Naku's influence he has in him now, that he has become a believer in these facts about marriage, how two souls can complete each other and become a better half.
Ultimately as a viewer, I look at the "Rasa" or the emotion the characters bring out in me, and I felt Love today, that is a successful team effort in my mind.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiAni-sourire-neets_ltlPooja_219MelodiousDreamspigbelly4myfeetkabeeraspeakingkhushixMrsKhan

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
After seeing the episodes this week, we all know that MR is brilliant but I really think MV has surprised me this week. I always applaud MR but want to say that MV has been equally responsible for bringing out Dutta on screen. Her expressions, her dialogues and her general commitment has been really well done. I think it's the best I have seen of her. The tiny tiny little things she says or gestures brings Naku to life.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.-sourire-droopy_asleepAbhiAniPooja_219-bharti-MelodiousDreamspigbelly4myfeetincandescencekabeeraspeakingkhushixMrsKhan

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 25 February 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by neets_ltl

No one person is getting MORE focus, I was just staring at them throughout. It was Dutta talking and Naku reacting and listening. The problem is perhaps the angle switch to take in both of their reactions at the same time. But other than that, it was fine. I don't notice people or dogs, or goats or anything. So yeah your right.

I agree. I'm probably going to watch the episode at least twice more later tonight just so that I can watch it in HQ (Day Dreaming) and take another look at how Dutta and Naku react to each other during their scenes. I personally didn't notice anything out of the ordinary as far as the conversation-reaction interactions go...It's always tricky to capture the reactions of two people who are talking face to face, isn't it? And even more so when they convey so much through even the slightest change in expression or gesture. Everything is so spontaneous when it comes to DN/MR-MV that it probably makes these sorts of scenes very hard to capture in a shot that shows both of them constantly or something like that. Alternating between the two of them is the only way to attempt to do full justice to their expressions, and I think the scenes were shot beautifully.

I was also extremely focused on their expressions, words, and gestures...It's only natural that they'd show Naku's reaction to Dutta's words, IMO. She's concerned for his safety and well-being, and at the same time she's being strong for him, too. I think those emotions came through very well. The same thing applies to Dutta's reactions to whatever Naku told him - and he did get some beautiful moments where time seemed to sort of come to a standstill for him as he just soaked in every word that came out of Naku's mouth.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiAni-sourire-neets_ltlPooja_219pigbelly4myfeetkabeeraspeakingincandescenceMrsKhan

Go to top