Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Epi Discussion Thread |21st Feb-25th Feb# 2 | LU Pg 39 - Page 49

neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: make-believe

I am yet to read all the posts today, in the main forum and ED, but someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who doesn't see how Nakku is getting more focus than Dutta? πŸ˜• As I watched the episode, their expressions and reactions had me so zoned in and hanging on to every word and movement that I didn't even notice any people that were supposedly walking around the jungle...it felt like Dutta and Nakku to me...not more of one or the other...MR got so many dialogues, so many prolonged moments to play out those emotions that Dutta was undergoing...what moments exactly are these that gave more focus to Nakku? πŸ˜•

No one person is getting MORE focus, I was just staring at them throughout. It was Dutta talking and Naku reacting and listening. The problem is perhaps the angle switch to take in both of their reactions at the same time. But other than that, it was fine. I don't notice people or dogs, or goats or anything. So yeah your right.
Edited by neets_ltl - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail

I am yet to read all the posts today, in the main forum and ED, but someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who doesn't see how Nakku is getting more focus than Dutta? πŸ˜• As I watched the episode, their expressions and reactions had me so zoned in and hanging on to every word and movement that I didn't even notice any people that were supposedly walking around the jungle...it felt like Dutta and Nakku to me...not more of one or the other...MR got so many dialogues, so many prolonged moments to play out those emotions that Dutta was undergoing...what moments exactly are these that gave more focus to Nakku? πŸ˜•

Even without watching the epi, I will WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with you on this! I didn't even see how there was supposedly "less focus" on Dutta yesterdayπŸ˜•πŸ˜•  Where are all these theories coming from??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Even without watching the epi, I will WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with you on this! I didn't even see how there was supposedly "less focus" on Dutta yesterdayπŸ˜•πŸ˜•  Where are all these theories coming from??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Completely agree, just watched the episode and all I saw was Dutta and Naku. There was no extra focus or anything like that...maybe im just lost in lala land :)
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thoughts on the episode :)
Naku - her character is known to give bhashans, her long lecture to Dutta on love, was a good example of that. She has always been that God fearing typical woman - but also one of strength. Her Aai Bolti Hai line that women are capable of more tolerance than man, is also so in character and frankly what is wrong with that statement? Its true - any woman who has gone through labor and delivery can attest to that fact, that men however strong they are, are incapable of bearing that pain, and hence the statement.
As for Dutta's dialogues, my interpretation is how much of Naku's influence he has in him now, that he has become a believer in these facts about marriage, how two souls can complete each other and become a better half.
Ultimately as a viewer, I look at the "Rasa" or the emotion the characters bring out in me, and I felt Love today, that is a successful team effort in my mind.
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
After seeing the episodes this week, we all know that MR is brilliant but I really think MV has surprised me this week. I always applaud MR but want to say that MV has been equally responsible for bringing out Dutta on screen. Her expressions, her dialogues and her general commitment has been really well done. I think it's the best I have seen of her. The tiny tiny little things she says or gestures brings Naku to life.
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: neets_ltl

No one person is getting MORE focus, I was just staring at them throughout. It was Dutta talking and Naku reacting and listening. The problem is perhaps the angle switch to take in both of their reactions at the same time. But other than that, it was fine. I don't notice people or dogs, or goats or anything. So yeah your right.

I agree. I'm probably going to watch the episode at least twice more later tonight just so that I can watch it in HQ (😍) and take another look at how Dutta and Naku react to each other during their scenes. I personally didn't notice anything out of the ordinary as far as the conversation-reaction interactions go...It's always tricky to capture the reactions of two people who are talking face to face, isn't it? And even more so when they convey so much through even the slightest change in expression or gesture. Everything is so spontaneous when it comes to DN/MR-MV that it probably makes these sorts of scenes very hard to capture in a shot that shows both of them constantly or something like that. Alternating between the two of them is the only way to attempt to do full justice to their expressions, and I think the scenes were shot beautifully.

I was also extremely focused on their expressions, words, and gestures...It's only natural that they'd show Naku's reaction to Dutta's words, IMO. She's concerned for his safety and well-being, and at the same time she's being strong for him, too. I think those emotions came through very well. The same thing applies to Dutta's reactions to whatever Naku told him - and he did get some beautiful moments where time seemed to sort of come to a standstill for him as he just soaked in every word that came out of Naku's mouth.
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: neets_ltl

After seeing the episodes this week, we all know that MR is brilliant but I really think MV has surprised me this week. I always applaud MR but want to say that MV has been equally responsible for bringing out Dutta on screen. Her expressions, her dialogues and her general commitment has been really well done. I think it's the best I have seen of her. The tiny tiny little things she says or gestures brings Naku to life.

I feel the same way! Mahi has done a fantastic job in the episodes this week. Every time Naku would stumble or have a pained look on her face, my heart would ache for her. The reunion scene was so powerful...Probably one of the best DN scenes in my book, purely because of the sheer force of the emotions that came to the surface and spilled over when they finally met after so long. I also think that Mahi has been very, very expressive with her eyes this week. Maybe the camera/light has something to do with it. That's not to say that she isn't normally expressive...It's just that this week has been so high on emotion that somehow it was even more noticeable - the bright shine to her eyes when she sees him; the concerned gaze...The look of numb shock when Kala reveals that Dutta is actually blind...The list goes on and on...And it's pointless to even start listing out Mishal's expressions! Sooo brilliant. And the MR-MV combination has such a unique nature to it, as well. The subtle nature of DN's realtionship and the many layers to the characters have been brought out so, so well by both of them. I think something about their offscreen comfort might somehow enhance the characterizations of Dutta and Naku that have been penned and developed so thoughtfully. They know the mannerisms of their own characters, but it's also a team effort in every sense since Dutta-Naku's lives and destinies are entwined; we can see how the influence they've had on each other is not one-sided.
I just went off on a tangent; I doubt any of that was coherent! Sorry about that! πŸ˜†
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

OK...just came back to the forum after several hrs so havent seen the epi. I found epi dreamy. Everything I wanted to see happenning between Tasha as a couple was happenning today. I didnt find any issue with focus on Dutta. I suppose the rumours are taking its toll with people getting paranoid abt lack of focus on Dutta. Only issue I found was continuity. One moment Naku and Dutta are looking like giant and dwarf...next moment they are at eye level. Then one moment Dutta is facing one direction...next moment another...next moment back to the old direction. I am not sure what's the problem but maybe the new director who has come in isnt that good. These continuity problems are distracting.
AreYaar thumbnail
What a......satisfying episode....there were no grand dramatic gestures or sweeeeeeeeeping romantic DN scenes......but watching it warmed my heart like anything.

I pretty much ditto everything you said, Fatty.....my exact thoughts about all these moments.

The bits I really really loved.....first,  the beginning of jaana jogi de naal and the way he just reaches out to hold her face with one hand😍.....the soft affection in that gesture *sigh*.....then the water drinking scene.....ADORABLEEE.....especially loved the bit where he's holding up his hand for her to drink from and she keeps trying to push it back at him so that he drinks from it first but he doesn't budge and just sits there firmly with that smile on his face.....πŸ˜†....and she has to finally give in and drink firstπŸ˜†....as usual a silent battle of wits b/w them but done SO sweetly this timeπŸ˜†....this scene was soooooooooooo fabulously shot....really don't have words for it.....SO natural....especially the bit with the way Nakku reaches up to brush his face after he drinks from her hand.....MR just looked WOW in this scene😍.....and Nakku's expressions as she wipes his face.....it's a thing of beauty seriously the level of soul there is to their scenes....no stupid hawtness, ZOMG we're TOUCHING each other kinda crap.....there is such a BEAUTIFUL kind of comfort b/w them....there is awareness at the same time.....but not the kind that is thrown in your face.....it is subtle.....it is there in the subtlest of gestures and the way they look at each other.

After this, I LOVED the way he hugged her during the night scene....the way he just reaches out for her impulsively after that convo and hugs her close.....

I have to agree with Neets about the dialogues in that last bit to an extent.....felt that they could have been written better.....deffo bordering more on the trite side with the ardhangini stuff but then on a level I guess it does jive with the upbringing of these characters....we can't forget that they all belong to a small town/village.

Otherwise overall.....amaaaaaaaaaaaazing convos.....the first one with Dutta talking about he felt that he was only living for this moment....."tere aane se andhere raaston mein bhi ujala ho jaayega, Nakku....yeh mera tujhpe yakeen hai"

Then the later ones near the lake with him telling her he loves her....the transition to him remembering Kala's words.....then the convo later at night when Nakku tells him all that Kala has done.....then him telling Nakku that he will give her all her due.....so many variations and all enacted sooooooo brilliantly....especially by MR....the transitions that Fatty pointed out......I'm in awe as always😍

The car ride was SO frigging hilarious to me.....I was laughing my head off....the way that weird bodyguard was staring at Seema.....Suds with his ashamed/sulky constipated expressions sneaking glances here and there......Seema crying endlessly and having endless FBs....and ofcourse BEST of all....Kala's CONSTANT staring at her🀣......AG's expressions were sooooooooo awesome in that scene....haha......speculative/shrewd.....she's deffo planning some big use with Seema.....weighing the possibilities.

And yes the precap was really awesome! VR was FAB.....the shots of Dutta were randomly inserted it seems but otherwise really amazing precap....looking forward to next week....we'll get the DN bonfire scene too.....awww

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: kshreya2002

Only one thing I want to add that from past few episodes I am noticing too many continuity problems in LTL. One moment Naku and Dutta are looking like giant and dwarf...next moment they are at eye level. Then one moment Dutta is facing one direction...next moment another...next moment back to the old direction. I am not sure what's the problem but maybe the new director who has come in isnt that good. These continuity problems are distracting.

Yeah, this has been happening for a while now...as far back as the Charitr scene was the first time I actively noticed it...and I think this is what Neets meant by the 'angle' switch in their reactions too. It's tickling my mind and I can't put a finger on the details but sometime ago there was a SBS/SBB segment with a pair talking about how when one of them is giving a shot (i.e. delivering the dialogues) with the camera focussed on them, the other person is reacting and therefore their back is to the camera so they do all sorts of silly things to make the performing person laugh...but the point here being that the camera at that particular moment is focussed only on the person talking, right? So whatever the other person is doing (i.e. reacting) is not captured then and there on reel...those 'reaction' shots are taken separately and later...so they aren't really spot on with the positioning and sync of how both the people were facing/angled in the first shot (which was focusing on the speaker) and the second shot (which was focusing on the reaction of the person listening) and thus the jarring difference which doesn't match...and I think this happens when they're shooting with one camera only or are covering a large area in which the peripheral vision wouldn't allow for another camera to be in sight...

This content was originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

It was indeed an awsome episode πŸ‘! I havent been writing for the past couple of days since Tasha's reunion, as I dont think words can justifiably sum up the soulful things happening between Tasha! The hug, the dialogues, the feel, everything is soo soulful, how can one sum up something so beautiful in words?! Even today I dont think I'm doing any justice with these words, but just felt like expressing atleast a small percentage of what I am feeling nowadays, thanks to Tasha! I just cant resist myself anymore yaar πŸ˜†! I havent felt so soulful for ages, watching any tv serial or movie. Its really a beautiful feeling! Inspite of being aware that its fiction, you can really feel something happening inside you at a deeper level, something which I'm sorry I am not able to sum up in words πŸ˜•. You can just feel something filling inside you, I dont know what that feeling is called, only if someone can help me with it πŸ˜•. Even after the episode is over, you just cant seem to get up and do anything else or concentrate on anything else, other than keep reminiscing of Tasha! And this goes on for like half an hour to one hour, depending upon the epi πŸ˜†!

Ok, so I wont make a futile effort of summing up each and everything I saw or felt after the past 2-3 epis. I will just mention few things πŸ˜³.

Just loved the part where Dutta and Nakku gives water to each other in their palms.....just watch Dutta's expression when Nakku keeps her lips on his palm and drinks water πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜.

I think this is the 1st episode after the previous jungle track, where we are getting to see an episode which is 90% filled with Tasha πŸ˜³. 

Havent seen both of them together like this for ages! It seems like a long time since we actually saw Tasha in love, and when we got to see them, what a track yaar - awsome scenes, expressions, dialogue, hugs πŸ‘! Feels so 100%!! It seems as though our long wait and all the stress we had to go through for the past couple of months have been rewarded, and HOW πŸ‘!

Godd this weekend is going to seem so long ! When you know something boring is awaiting the next week, we can atleast sleep peacefully, but now what to do πŸ˜†?!?! Now am really greedy, & will keep waiting & expecting for even better stuff in the coming weeks   !
!

I'm glad you decided to post because even though you still felt like you couldn't describe the soulfulness, it was very lovely to read those feelings put into words because they're so very true! ((:

This content was originally posted by: shan2430

As for D taking everyones' names, i was only waiting to hear bajis' name..lol..As for Madhu,honestly i forgot abt her too till I read some of the posts here..i think its only a blooper..I don't blame D for liking leela&roops more than Madhu..Obviously hes grown with them..And he does not know abt their past connivance with Kala..Even so,D is not the type to develop affection overnight for anyone,let alone Madhu..And Madhu,in my opinion, has not potrayed any strong character or individuality for D to take any notice of her..(Ofcourse purely CVs fault)I honeslty feel sorry for Madhu & Soni Singh..

Yesss, me too! I was silently urging Dutta to say Baaji because he has the BIGGEST badla to take from Count Clown Suds πŸ˜† And Dutta bhi...aakhri mein bola (: Soooo waiting for DuJi again! And of course, VR is back in the precap so I'm happy! 

Totally agree on Madhu...actually, I would have found it odd if Dutta would have mentioned her name πŸ˜•πŸ˜† Because he doesn't know her well enough to talk so passionately about her 'badla' and all, like he does the rest of the family...their relationship isn't at that level for him to mention her in the same breath as the others and what they mean to him, and Dutta of course above that isn't one for courtesy...it wouldn't be like him to mention someone's name just because they reside in the same household...
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago