Devils Den:Maaneet=Ram-Sita,So Dev becomes Raavan? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Reserved

Yesterday night I did not log in to the den neither did I take part in any of the discussions that might have gone on here....All I did was watch the old episodes of GHSP....the show that I fell in love with for its uniqueness.....My madness and obsession was such that I used to watch all the repeats of the series....including the 2:00AM repeat(I stay in India).....

The storytelling in those days was spellbinding, the direction and editing was crisp and of course the lead pairs' chemistry was awesome and magnetic!!! And the logic although sometimes flawed was overshadowed by all the other pluses of the show. And last but not the least the protagonist of the show was truly different from all the other female leads I have seen in recent times. Truly that was a Golden Age for this show!!!

And now, the only thing that is remaining from those golden days is the amazing chemistry of the leads....and that too seems waning nowadays. It is really saddening to see the slow death of a series that was truly a cult show. The show which made history could soon be history if the current trend continues.

There are lot of problems in the show and most have been already mentioned by
Jyoti....so I am not going to repeat them. All the creatives need to do is to take this constructive criticism into account and work on improving on the show.

I know, me being a layman would not know the inner workings behind the creation of the show and all the problems involved. But being an avid viewer and a crazy fan I would like to request the CVs to heed to my pleas. I love this show and I would hate for it to end on a bad note. That would truly be heartrending. I can be aggressive and be outright rude and call the CVs, PH, Channel and the cast and crew names....But I don't want to do that. I'm just asking the CVs to look back and see what they have created and what it is turning into. Is this the vision that you had for your show?? If you answer yes, then I'll back off and will not ask anymore and If you say No, then I ask you to get proactive and save this sinking ship before it becomes another Titanic.

With this I'll end my rant.....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I have watched only half the epi and read Tanu's update so not in position to write a take...will do so later...if I get time....😊

Edited by panchjun5 - 13 years ago

Dear Creative's, PH, Star One,

To make a TV show successful, one has to have a great idea, convince people that it's good, and get the audience to accept it. It involves a lot of careful research, networking, and casting.

You have covered the following requirements for a successful show:

•          Have a unique story
  •          Have an amazing cast who absolutely live and breathe their characters that it has overshadowed their personal lives'that some viewers are unable to distinguish reel from real
  •          An amazing technical crew who make the show classy - lights, make up, costumes , the sets
  •          The devoted fans'

The only area you currently seem challenged is the Creative Writing'----- 
'The storyline till the Mannet misunderstanding track (just before the Indian Paints downhill ride) was history in making'

As a concerned viewer I wish to know'..What happened to that momemtum? Where did all that vision go?

To make you get your creative juices flowing again you do not need to find new avenues---''Do not leave the show's various open loops unattended''

To refresh your memory or give some pointers to the new writing team:

1.    Scrap the AA track'We loathe it'Especially when one exhibits -Stockholm syndrome''where a victim of rape falls in love with her rapist'
We would accept it if Annie rather than pining, took a stand to punish Arjun'..We would welcome it whole heartedly.

2.    It is time you made up your minds and just go forward with Miscarriage track if it makes things easier on the sets.......Do not prolong and make mockery of pregnancy. You would save yourself some ridicule from the medical arena.

3.    Use the existing talented ensemble ' Adi, pinky, Romeo, Maneesha ,

4.    Clear your stand regarding -------the mythical Sameera, the most wanted Vicky, the Khuranas Geneology'..

5. It is high time Sasha got her comeuppance for the party fiasco...Bring her back.

Still editing

Edited by kadydeep - 13 years ago
I have just a few points to say about the current track

• I like the idea of getting Dev back BUT CVs if he's not negative then his presence in the show does not make sense. A saintly Dev cannot contribute anything to the storyline.
  • Dev is back in Khurana house BUT CVs do not show Geet taking care of him under any circumstance. Dadi's concern for him is understandable BUT she should not expect Geet to do anything for Dev.
  • Geet hiding Dev's truth from MSK is fine for a little while BUT do not stretch this for too long.
  • Under no circumstance should Geet forgive Dev or soften her stance towards him.
  • Annie & Arjun track is just not working. I can understand the need to have a parallel story but the least you can do is limit their screen time. Also bringing a 3rd angle in their story is just not needed.
  • Show some closure to Geet's pregnancy. Either show it progressing or end it. Using this baby issue everytime to create drama is getting repetitive now. Also medical logic has totally gone out of the window.....don't treat your viewers as imbeciles.
finished my rant.....more after the epi.....πŸ˜†
Khaber sunaon jo... khushi re bton jo...

Aaj mere piya (dev) ghar aain gay...
😍😍😍

Geet so far has been showing her worry over Maan's health...she couldnt care less about dev...though she agrees to get Dev in coz of Daadi's worries...she doesnt give any further thought...CVs please stick to this....Dev DOES NOT matter to her....Maan does...and she cant see anything past that...Daadi can tie Dev to her pallu if she so wishes...but not expect all to do so...and this should be adhered to as Daadi should have at least that realisation...that though she is soft towards Dev as he is her grandson..she understands that what he did was wrong so Geet shouldnt have to deal with him...Daadi should be grateful and impress the same to Dev that he better mind himself and not come close to Maaneet as he is there on Geet's sufferance..

All this talk abt Maan and Geet's relationship having problems..that is logical but only so far as Maan being upset as he cant understand why Geet is mum on Dev's matter, why she is not only agreeable but also supportting Daadi in bringing Dev home.
The other thing I see Maan (if we stay true to character that is)getting upset about is...the fact that Geet is hiding something from hom..something big and he senses that it is to do with Dev somewhere..and it is burning him that she cant share it with him...that I think will be the major reason he will pick a fight with her  but on being asked by Geet how he could doubt her...his answer will be immediate ...that he does not doubt her..but is just upset with whatever it is that is bothering her and that he cant see her that way esp since he feels that it is something to do with Dev...even more so as he reminds her what he had told her in the past to stand in the way of her and her past and not let the past affect her any more...that should see Geet's resolve to keep the truth abt Dev away from him and she should tell him all...and both decide to face what will come together...
I have no qualms to see Maan sensing and then feeling that something is wrong somewher...getting upset abt Dev's presence and Geet's silence...stewing in it...having a lot of tai chi sessions to work things out in his head...trying to find out and failing...bursting out and then finaaly ending in this showdown kind of with Geet ending with them being even more stronger together and in love...
I can def put up with one or two weeks torture if we get this in the end....
dev then realising that the outcome is not going to be what he was hoping for decides on a new tack...
as you can see Im pinning my hopes on Dev not being saintly at all...
and also dont want the CVs to bring Dev's dastardly devilish persona out so soon...I want to keep guessing and I wouldnt mind  maybe even 2-3 episodes wherein Dev will bare his villainy to the viewers with flashbacks and then his plan/plot  to come.....
that would be awesome ..

Edited by mandu - 13 years ago
Maaneet ban gayi...RAM aur Sita??? πŸ€ͺ🀣🀣 🀣🀣 

KILL ME! 😳

has dadi simply lost her tiny mind????? 😑 how can she talk about dev to Geet??? 😳showing him sympathy after what he did to her! 😳

I hope the Hit and MIss between DevD and MSK doesnt continue for the next 4 months like it did with Geet and DevD 😳
🀣🀣

How does the office of KC and NES's Event management company keep changing or interchanging????
🀣🀣 
they dont pay rent do they....tsk tsk!!!
🀣🀣  this kanjoosi will be the death of the khurana parivaar 🀣🀣 not paying rent and keep changing places to avoid paying.... WAH WAH πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£  Edited by maansa - 13 years ago
Dev Ke Liye Mandir Banwayenge aur usme Rama aur Sita ko Sajayenge🀣 Edited by Cute_Ash - 13 years ago
Maansa, I will spare u...Let the GCM's kill the creatives here! 

OYE, how can they even compare! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
@Ash, u r too funny! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
precap is misleading both the ways

face values and literal meaning
1: MSK will not see him tom in the out house, 

2:  The precap has come to create curiosity in the viewers if MSK sees dev and geet in the out house and later suspect, specially when today ram-sita award to maneet has given,  which will not be the case