Posted: 13 years ago

Priyanka sends SOS to SRK

By: Subhash K Jha   Date:  2011-02-24   Place: Mumbai

Priyanka Chopra takes tips from Shah Rukh Khan for upcoming role

Priyanka Chopra plays a mentally challenged girl in Anurag Basu's Barfee. And to prepare for the role, she's taking inputs from her favourite co-star, Shah Rukh Khan.

She will undergo a month of preparation, at least. The biggest challenge is playing her character without going over-the-top?

Her task becomes excruciatingly uphill because co-star Ranbir Kapoor plays a deaf-and-mute character. She doesn't want to play talkative to Ranbir's mute.

Khan help

She has begun visiting institutions for the mentally challenged.

Also, King Khan, who played a man stricken by Asperger's Syndrome in My Name Is Khan is helping her prepare for her part. PC discussed her role with SRK on the sets of Don 2, and he has taken on the onus of providing Priyanka insights into troubled minds.

Says Priyanka, "Shah Rukh is so well-read. He is an encyclopedia of information. He's the most knowledgeable person I know on cinema and in life. And he brings great skill to his parts.

I've spoken to people who understand Asperger's and they tell me he got it pitch-perfect in My Name Is Khan. So yeah, in Barfee, I hope to make good use of the tips he has given me."

She also intends to keep him in the loop about her performance in Barfee. "If the character comes out right I'll have a lot to thank him for. I consider SRK one of the finest actors in world.

To be able to spend so much time with him both on and off camera is a blessing," she says gratefully.

Source: Midday.com

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by goneforever - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lmao, priyanka overdoes it with the praise.

But I have to agree that Shah is very well-read and quite an intellectual on some subjects.

Originally posted by: qazplm

lmao, priyanka overdoes it with the praise.

But I have to agree that Shah is very well-read and quite an intellectual on some subjects.

There is an article on this girl everyday!  She is on fire!  πŸ˜†
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: goneforever

There is an article on this girl everyday!  She is on fire!  πŸ˜†

She so isπŸ˜† But as long as someone's working their ass off, why complain if they get their success?
Originally posted by: qazplm

She so isπŸ˜† But as long as someone's working their ass off, why complain if they get their success?

yes, very true!  πŸ˜ƒ
PC, itni tareef for SRK? πŸ€“
Easy_A thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

PC, itni tareef for SRK? πŸ€“

🀣
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
LOL PC always praises SRK like anything :)

And she is right..he's very well read and knowledgeable..He's possibly one of the most educated people in BW..Best of luck to PC! Hope this character comes out right :)
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
theres some guy who has asperger's syndrome on this season of american idol and he is nothing like shahrukhs charachter in mnik but i guess theres different severitys. but pc sucks up to srk too much.