Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

My friend Preet asked me to post this (Page 3)

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by surnita

Hi I was just reading the general discussion section where Ash Rai has been slated for being wooden, ugly, plastic etc by loads of the forum members yet no one was condemned for saying the stuff even mods were commenting!  Seems like its one rule for Ashwirya and another for Samir Soni!  The system sucks!

Yes Surnita,she was called all those and you are most welcome to call either Ash or Samir those if you feel like.

But no where was she called - a donkey,a monkey, a pig .....

Check my post Surnita,I have said it's OK if you criticise.All of us would love the criticism if was backed by good reason and good language.

Antara Mali irritates me to no extent.I think she is the worst thing to have happened to the industry in a long time who almost by her sheer presence ruined beautiful movies.Call her wooden,irritating,plastic,whatever.But if I call her a female dog,I have no idea what exactly it would mean and what it would make of her or  my opinion,not to mention it would not go past the editor of even the slinkiest gossip magazine.

Being one of the harshest critic of Purab and a diehard Armaan fan,I am the first one to feel offended if someone writes bad about Apu and thinks Samir is better.But neither me nor anyone else needs foul languge to express an opinion.An if we are prudent in our choice of words in a criticism,it only adds weight.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by manimau

Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by jprasad

Hey Minnie -

I know some guys who act like donkeys or Jack bleeeep.  Tongue

Ok.So if you see a donkey or a monkey behave like a man( the movie shrek is a good example),what do you call it?? A man??

Could not resist it Minnie..... Big smile Was that a slip of.... ? Did you mean Arman there? .... Just asking..........

I know and perfectly understand.I feel exactly like you do.Every time I see Armaan,I go....awww what a man!!!!!Embarrassed

Good to see u back!!

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
well said PJ and Minnie.....I completely agree.....ClapClap

the way I see it, if u are airing ur openions in a public place, then u cant just say something and be done with it....u need to support ur statement, as Minnie said.....once again it is a matter of simple social ettiqute to use appropriate language to get ur point across.....
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Purab fans complain that we are not being fair to them and so does armaan fans...

Well let me tell...just because we mods and have favourites that does not mean we are being baised over anyone. The only thing we are expecting members(most of them are getting to be good friends now) is to soften their tone and that is all....

Initially I did not like Armaan as a character...but does that not mean I don't like apoorva...I like him and now after the change...I am liking armaan a lot...it is just my feeling that I tend to like that kind of image and everyone has their own perception. I like samir soni only because they way he acted as purab...but Apoorva...I liked him from before....

I strongly agree with what Minnie said and what Ides mentioned... "the way I see it, if u are airing ur openions in a public place, then u cant just say something and be done with it....u need to support ur statement, as Minnie said.....once again it is a matter of simple social ettiqute to use appropriate language to get ur point across....."

tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by surnita

<FONT face=Arial size=4>My views on this...Any actor/actress in this whole world.. is a public property... Thier name, fame & money ... everything they owe to us .. i.e. common ppl.. due to whom they enjoys celebratiy status..If they are worthy of our praise and appreciation.. if we love them for their talent.. then It's our right to criticize them if we don't find them good.If presence of any actor (Samir Sony).. makes me feel sick then I will express my anger the way I want.. If I don't like his appereance, his acting or whatever.. then I m free to say so..

<FONT face=Arial size=4>Pepoler little confuse about this whole thing..They accused me of being personal.. but I thinkthey don't understand what is meant by being personal...

<FONT face=Arial size=4>According to me... being personal means.. interfering in actors personal life... and I cetainly don't do that..

<FONT face=Arial size=4>I am least bothered about how the hell.. Samir Soni lives his personal life.. that how good, bad or ugly he is as a man, son, friend, husband or as a normal human being... that's none of my business.... and I have no right to express my views on that.Most of the P fans (not all) have ridiculed ARMAAN/APOORVA as much as possible.

<FONT face=Arial size=4>But I never objected or stopped anyone else from writing bad things about ARMAAN/APOORVA... cause I think that's their right to do so..

<FONT face=Arial size=4>So, I think.. I m quiet clear about this now..Love - Preet

<FONT face=Arial size=4>

<FONT face=Arial size=4>   

Agreed.I too beleive that we have a right to criticise an actor who is a public figure.But we don't object to criticism itself,but the language employed to do it.I would not mind if it was said he can't act,he does not fit the role,he looks old,he bores etc etc.......but if he was called a donkey or a monkey,other than making our language look bad,how is it going to contribute to constructive criticism?? No one,nither Samir nor Apurva nor any other man can look like a donkey and I'm sure if it knew our language,even a donkeywould take great offense in being called Samir or Apurva or even a man!!!!

Criticism and Villification are two different things entirely.Criticism is discussing merits or demerits of the person but name calling is villifying the person.

Critism is allowed,Name calling is not.

Originally posted by nishi

let me tell my opinion :

most of us dont know what is acting or what it is to be a actor ,production values , taking a shot ....... so if an actor or a person does not fit a role then there are ppl who will surely take care of it

I personally do have any right to critisize anyone on a subject which I am unaware of !

again would like to emphasise " Only my opinion " ,and need not be anybody else's and would not change for anybody else's

SORRY IFI HURT ANYONE

Neither it is necessary to be an actor to know whether an actor is a good or bad.Just like we don't have to be a singer to know good singing from bad singing.Listening to anyone sing a song can tell you whether she knows to sing or does not.

My hubby did not like Ajay Devgan so he thought he was a bad actor.I always thought he was very good.Now it has been proved.Ash can't act and we don't have to be a genius to see that.

Randhir Kapoor could not act to save his life,his wife Babita was average,his daughter Karishma is good and no matter how much I dislike Kareena,I have to admit she is brilliant.

so if an actor or a person does not fit a role then there are ppl who will surely take care of it

Mostly,but not always.Do you know Amitabh Bachchan was rejected in 'All India Radio' audition?Besides of course being rejected several times in movie auditions,including 'Zanjeer'?Amzad Khan aka Gabbar Singh was rejected by Ramesh Sippy because he was too good looking and his voice was not heavy? What would you call these?Mistake is too mild a word for these.Blunder, maybe.

Antara Mali was the example of worst casting in a movie called 'Naach'.....a movie which revolved around her sensuous dance and all she could come up with was body jerks so bad that it could put a person getting electric shocks to shame!!Ram Gopal Verma made this mistake and beleive me,this was a repeat mistake after 'Road' .......from a man who had taken the concept of sensuous dancing to a new height with Urmilla in 'Rangeela'......

My point being,you don't have to know a job to ascertain whether the end product is good or bad.

Clap Clap Clap Minne you said it all Girl! Just hope some people see what you have been trying spell out here.

Go to top