My friend Preet asked me to post this

surnita thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi Preet Suri asked me to post this.  She is the girl who composed the very funny "controvertial" post ranting against Purab/Samir Soni. 

...Let's get this straight for once and for all.. and all those who profess that issue of actor/character differnce ..

My views on this...

Any actor/actress in this whole world.. is a public property... Thier name, fame & money ... everything they owe to us .. i.e. common ppl.. due to whom they enjoys celebratiy status..

If they are worthy of our praise and appreciation.. if we love them for their talent.. then It's our right to criticize them if we don't find them good.

If presence of any actor (Samir Sony).. makes me feel sick then I will express my anger the way I want.. If I don't like his appereance, his acting or whatever.. then I m free to say so..

Pepole r little confuse about this whole thing.. They accused me of being personal.. but I think they don't understand what is meant by being personal...

According to me... being personal means.. interfering in actors personal life... and I cetainly don't do that..

I am least bothered about how the hell.. Samir Soni lives his personal life.. that how good, bad or ugly he is as a man, son, friend, husband or as a normal human being... that's none of my business.... and I have no right to express my views on that.

Most of the P fans (not all) have ridiculed ARMAAN/APOORVA as much as possible.

But I never objected or stopped anyone else from writing bad things about ARMAAN/APOORVA... cause I think that's their right to do so..

So, I think.. I m quiet clear about this now..

Love - Preet

edited by minnie for addressing a particular section in a derogatory way.

Edited by Minnie - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surnita thumbnail
I agree with you totally Preet!
queenbee thumbnail

Originally posted by: surnita

If presence of any actor (Samir Sony).. makes me feel sick then I will express my anger the way I want.. If I don't like his appereance, his acting or whatever.. then I m free to say so..

to be honest, it's this 'or whatever' which scares me... the buck dosn't stop ANYWHERE 😕 ... not with Samir, not with Apu
nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

let me tell my opinion :

most of us dont know what is acting or what it is to be a actor ,production values , taking a shot ....... so if an actor or a person does not fit a role then there are ppl who will surely take care of it

I personally do have any right to critisize anyone on a subject which I am unaware of !

again would like to emphasise " Only my opinion " ,and need not be anybody else's and would not change for anybody else's

SORRY IF I HURT ANYONE

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: surnita

My views on this...

Any actor/actress in this whole world.. is a public property... Thier name, fame & money ... everything they owe to us .. i.e. common ppl.. due to whom they enjoys celebratiy status..

If they are worthy of our praise and appreciation.. if we love them for their talent.. then It's our right to criticize them if we don't find them good.

Pepole r little confuse about this whole thing.. They accused me of being personal.. but I think they don't understand what is meant by being personal...

According to me... being personal means.. interfering in actors personal life... and I cetainly don't do that..

I am least bothered about how the hell.. Samir Soni lives his personal life.. that how good, bad or ugly he is as a man, son, friend, husband or as a normal human being... that's none of my business.... and I have no right to express my views on that.

Most of the P fans (not all) have ridiculed ARMAAN/APOORVA as much as possible.

But I never objected or stopped anyone else from writing bad things about ARMAAN/APOORVA... cause I think that's their right to do so..

So, I think.. I m quiet clear about this now..

Love - Preet

Agreed.I too beleive that we have a right to criticise an actor who is a public figure.But we don't object to criticism itself,but the language employed to do it.I would not mind if it was said he can't act,he does not fit the role,he looks old,he bores etc etc.......but if he was called a donkey or a monkey,other than making our language look bad,how is it going to contribute to constructive criticism?? No one,nither Samir nor Apurva nor any other man can look like a donkey and I'm sure if it knew our language,even a donkey would take great offense in being called Samir or Apurva or even a man!!!!

Criticism and Villification are two different things entirely.Criticism is discussing merits or demerits of the person but name calling is villifying the person.

Critism is allowed,Name calling is not.

Originally posted by: nishi

let me tell my opinion :

most of us dont know what is acting or what it is to be a actor ,production values , taking a shot ....... so if an actor or a person does not fit a role then there are ppl who will surely take care of it

I personally do have any right to critisize anyone on a subject which I am unaware of !

again would like to emphasise " Only my opinion " ,and need not be anybody else's and would not change for anybody else's

SORRY IF I HURT ANYONE

Neither it is necessary to be an actor to know whether an actor is a good or bad.Just like we don't have to be a singer to know good singing from bad singing.Listening to anyone sing a song can tell you whether she knows to sing or does not.

My hubby did not like Ajay Devgan so he thought he was a bad actor.I always thought he was very good.Now it has been proved.Ash can't act and we don't have to be a genius to see that.

Randhir Kapoor could not act to save his life,his wife Babita was average,his daughter Karishma is good  and no matter how much I dislike Kareena,I have to admit she is brilliant.

so if an actor or a person does not fit a role then there are ppl who will surely take care of it

Mostly,but not always.Do you know Amitabh Bachchan was rejected in 'All India Radio' audition?Besides of course being rejected several times in movie auditions,including 'Zanjeer'?Amzad Khan aka Gabbar Singh was rejected by Ramesh Sippy because he was too good looking and his voice was not heavy? What would you call these?Mistake is too mild a word for these.Blunder, maybe.

Antara Mali was the example of worst casting in a movie called 'Naach'.....a movie which revolved around her sensuous dance and all she could come up with was body jerks so bad that it could put a person getting electric shocks to shame!!Ram Gopal Verma made this mistake and beleive me,this was a repeat mistake after 'Road' .......from a man who had taken the concept of sensuous dancing to a new height with Urmilla in 'Rangeela'......

My point being,you don't have to know a job to ascertain whether the end product is good or bad.

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well well well....my my my minnie....

u caught me.....

I am speechless and what you said is true and I have totally 100% agree with what you said....

Edited by smisha - 19 years ago
pj04 thumbnail

minnie ...very very well said👏👏👏

what worries me is the language and the violent feelings they portray, actors are public figure but they deseve a respect afforded to any human being. as for celebrity status...we bestow it on them , that does not give us a right to ridicule them specially things that cannot be changed or are god given(eg...looks,physique, voice....etc). put yourself in thier place and you will realise most of us would crack under half of the pressure they deal with thier entire life.i understand you may not like samir's looks, acting ...etc...etc    , but calling him names is simply too low. as for people trashing apoorve/armaan....well if some people sink low...does that gives us the license to sink that low as well?....i hope not....other wise this world will be full of osama's and saddams.

some mediocre actors turn out very successful(one of the ironies of life ) (eg...ash, salman,rajendra kumar)while good actors keep struggling through out thier life. there are some who start at very bad note but with hard work surpass everybody.so let us not be judgemental and give everyone a break.personally i don't call anyone a good actor until he/she has done at least one offbeat role convincingly. sometimes people surprise you ...like prinyanka chopra in movie aitraaz(she was majestic as a shameless hussy), akshay khanna in humraaz(never before have i hated an onscreen villian so much), hrithik in koi mil gaya(he was a farcry from the sauve guy he played in kaho na pyar hai).

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago
queenbee thumbnail
Minnie and pj04, there's so much logic , rationalization and compassion here that between you two, you could stop WWIII if you had the chance... forum wars are small fry!! 👏
surnita thumbnail
Hi I was just reading the general discussion section where Ash Rai has been slated for being wooden, ugly, plastic etc by loads of the forum members yet no one was condemned for saying the stuff even mods were commenting!  Seems like its one rule for Ashwirya and another for Samir Soni!  The system sucks!
jprasad thumbnail
Hey Minnie -

I know some guys who act like donkeys or Jack bleeeep.  😛