India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics Corner #6 (Page 2)

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 1:50am | IP Logged
@Saaz yes well about the dialogue writers....draam they do good...romantic subtlety they lack...Garodiyas were the best there...and I even mentioned this in my previous CC....that to get back the Shanak who had cute nok-jhoks ..subtle romance or talk was all done by giving hen some great lines to sprout....by yes Garodiya's...The new writers can't seemt o do that..or just haven't understoon Shanak at all...

And like you too my fav scene was Mangal Khanak...the best in the whole epi.

@Sathya lovely post dear...yes...amny thngs take away from the enjoyment of this show....the rushed feeling..its moving to fast...how, when etc are question we all have asked...when did Khanak forgive him, why all of a sudden we see the very mature Shaan, etc...when id the trust/infedility issue get resolved etc...but then these are all questions that the CV's seem to be brushing under the carpet...thinking we suffer from Amnesia and not them....

As for Mangal being sly yes he is..but in the beginning...when Suraj was alive and after his death..i as always him...himself who ...wanted Money instead of punishment...he was always taunting Khanak directly for the loss in compensation....emotionally blackmailing her when at K house, confronted Boo with the truth of her fathers involment etc..so seeing him facing Khanak or Shaan is not a suprise for me at all...

He we all know is not doing anything because he cares for the welfare of the town ppl or Suraj's death but for his own hidden agenda...that we will find out soon...

But to the rest...yes....lots is not the same and leaves us asking questions..its been 3 months of us asking the CV's a lot of them about the change in characters we loved ..but no answers at all...and now...its like just watch the show one epi a day....OuchLOL 

Though we do have the questions after each epi and are left confused on my fronts...

Edited by kubare - 24 February 2011 at 1:51am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123-SYS-jparker.Dilwale.tanthya

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 1:57am | IP Logged
@Dyo darling you said it dear...YM & KT have great talent and are very versatile and great emoters....they sure can do Subtlety as no other on TV today...the CV's need to bring it on....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123tanthya

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Ok!! I'm back!!LOL

Considering that I loved yesterday's epi, posting its in-depth analysis was but naturally a fore-gone conclusion!!!WinkLOL

Sorry friends, if my 'hyperactivity' is getting to you guysLOL, par kya karen....really enjoyed last night's epi.....Big smile

Shuruwaat se shuru karte hain!LOL Shaan, totally in character...despite boiling with anger at the Sarpanch thwarting his intentions and Mangal's evil ways....sticks to his guns about the cause that he so firmly has come to believe in!! A nice touch added to Shaan's stress on the difference between 'good' and 'bad'.....much like the man himself.....he and his world oscillates between the two extremes.....time, maybe for the young man to see 'grey' as well.....the infidelity accusation issue, maybe??!!!!

The ShaNak scene.....would have appreciated it that much more if the scene would have occured post the mistrust issue having been properly addressed.....nonetheless....ShaNak and their brilliant chemistry!!! Keeps us raptured even when our head wants something else!!! That, IMO, is the mark of a good actor(s).....when despite the glaring lacunae....you can still be transported into a different world with the smile intact on your face!!!

A special mention mention here for KT-Yashu being in the same 'space' vis-a-vis their craft....each with a distinct approach, but in the flow of events blend so seamlessly that they end up in the same 'zone'!!! Case in point....the jaadu ka shakkar scene....Shaan in typical 'Shaan' demeanor says 'Main baccha nahin hoon...main bada hoon!"LOL and 'Baaki log kyon nahin khaate?' to which  comes Khanak's quick-witted reply..."Kyonki unko pata nahin!!".....to which Shaan goes "Achha!!" Friends, notice that brilliant split-second expression on KT's face...of sheer bewilderment....and Yashu's matter-of-fact head nod after that....its undoubtedly in the same 'zone'!!! Day DreamingEmbarrassed This is what CLASSIC 'action-reaction' emoting is all about, IMO!!! Job truly well done, Guys!!Star Keep up the good work!!!ClapClapClap

Now, coming to the 'Yeh tara' sequence.....was pleasantly surprised to see the song....For such a touch yardstick to match up to....with the production values, but naturally being a pale shadow of the original.....the choreography being a complete rip-off of the 'source data'OuchLOL....and the lead actor who needs to do away with the SRK influence on his otherwise mind-blowing understanding of the craft......Boy, was I completely taken aback or what???!!!

Was truly happy to see KT make the number entirely his 'own', emoting it 'his' way, without any influences whatsoever (except for his moment with the Sarpanch when the 'original' influence showed up!).....else, it was a KT show all the way...every emotion delivered in a heart-felt manner with great panache, with Shaan's trademark earnestness and goodness shining through!!! Clap Would like to add here that KT was ably supported by Hiten in the 'performance' department....as regards the dancing.....KT delivered what was expected of him, but Hiten....miles to go.....

A special mention here to KT and Yashu's wardrobe in this sequence....KT looking dapper like there's no tomorrow....as my dear friend Aditi would say....the most s*** leading man on TV currentlyEmbarrassed....and if I may add, this kind of attire adds that special touch of dignity to his understated  s*********!!! Yashu looked ethereal in white.....

The power-house moment of the episode dated 24th February 2011.....without a trace of doubt...the Khanak-Mangal face-off!!! Mangal, yet again....a brilliant actor!!!Clap Can so easily go OTT in the portrayal of his scheming ways....but shows just the right amount of restraint!!! Loved the moment when Khanak continues to look him in the eye when he tries to unsuccessfully play the Suraj card.....that moment spoke volumes about the niche that Shantanu has managed to carve for himself in Khanak's life!!!

Yashu at her hard-hitting best!!! Will undoubtedly qualify as one of her bestStarStarStar .....she had it perfectly pitched!!!.....the anger....the fear.....the sheer disgust..... at Mangal's lowly thought process was bang-on!! Everything....right from the flaring of the nostrils....to the tremble in her body.....to those glaring eyes...to the spirited dialogue delivery in the end, with perfect diction in place!!! Truly a 'Rajputani' at her feisty best!!!!Clap

In conclusion, truly a 'shining' episode.....the taare definitely shone bright.....time now for the crux of the Dhulwadi track to be addressed.....

Here's hoping for a jagmag Dhulwadi in ways more than one.....

Edited by dr.dsr - 24 February 2011 at 5:17am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeynk.mailvaish_123-SYS-jparkerpriya_cool_123-YasharanArshi-aditeetofeeeeskubare

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Doc !! Awesome post !!!!
Loved the way you analysed Mangal-Khanak scene !!!

SHANAK are heavenly !!!!!
KT/Yashu - Mashaallah ....  Noone can ever be as perfect as these two !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrkubare

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Dr.Dyo,

Brilliant post.ClapClapClap

Always it is a pleasure to read your analysis.

KT/YM -  What an unbelievably beautiful talented jodi!

Surpassed every lead pair on TV today.

dr.dsrkubare

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Vaishu,
Good morning!
So you think the factory construction will be completed today?ROFL

At the rate its going, it actually might............

Pata nahi kis baat ki jaldi hai?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123jparkerkubare

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Good Morning! Aditee

CC ka shutter khol diya hum.LOL

I am thinking they finish this track by saturday and chalo Mumbai from Monday.

250th episode in Mumbai

aditeekubare

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Doc D,
Aap to chha gayi!

Kuch kehne laayak nahi chhoda

Thanks for quoting me wrt to KTLOL
He indeed is.

HT actually is a very poor dancer
Each time tried to dance in Kutumb we would visibly cringe

KT is in good company....... from that aspectROFL

I noticed how Khanak looked straight in the eyes......... very good observation
Yep! Suraj doesnt affect her I thot.
Though thats what brought her to Dhulwadi..........

KT's "bewilderment" outstanding......... all thru the shakkar scene
Ha ha!

As always great to see the whole thing thru ur eyes

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123jparkerkubare

Go to top