Critics Corner #6 - Page 11

Posted: 13 years ago
@Adi
Who exactly would a veteran be in this case?

Thinking back to July-August, in fact even further into September, I think I just used to wait for whatever the next episode brought me.
Track ka as such itna issue nahi tha because all of it was meant to culminate in a ShaNak union.
How they went about it was the real thing and thankfully they dealt with it pretty well.
I had faith that I shall get something worth watching, something worth treasuring-in your words, a class that was interesting and fun to sit in and thus there was no sense of what I wanted in the next class, just a sense of anticipation and knowledge that I shall like whatever was taught.

Now we're upset at every important issue being brushed aside, and the hurried dealing with everything.
If they are rushing through things, not dealing with all issues and while doing this there isn't anything absolutely riveting in the present, of course we will wonder why this is happening and what exactly we shall be shown after this that is leading to all the hurry.
Aww...Aditee....when they got married....we loved how the CV's were handling it...Khanak in K house...Natasha coming to stay....Dadi liking Khanak, Khanak staying instead of going...the whole hate phase with Shanak..Nattie...who we loved and disliked for staying with Shaan..we felt for her but wanted her to move out...we even wanted Rohan to come and get married to her or come and flirt with Khanak and make Shaan jealous.....

The the adventure came in July...we all loved it as it showed them becoming friends...but after Shaan's realisation they rushed as suddenly Rucha who was playing Nattie got engaged to get marrie and thus they rushed what coul have been dragged with Shaan wooing Khanak by making her fall in love with him something on those lines...but  we did not  get that and expeced it to happen latter....by then talking etc..still did not happen.....most of us are still wating for that talk....about what made them fall in love in the firt place...but we got a drag fest of ILU...but that too was bearable with good acting by all...then the RO was introduced that most of us were agaisnt from the onset and soem decided to W & W.....and we know the result ...3 month of Horror...and...one memeber still being shoved down our throats...

We had expected Shaan to go to Dhulwadi sooner..to see the Suraj's family plight, to redeem himself by being the son they lost...by doing good fr the village,  by showing that widow marriage is not a curse...to Khanaks family and the village ppl...making them change their mindset...Khanak's educaton in English, her working in the family business or doing something on her own like teaching or helping hr town ppl with a cottage industry etc...etc...Aggarwal's plan and all coming to light...Family business fight...etc there was so much they could have shown..instead of RO...

Now with them rushing a track that is good...they could get them remarried and sent on a Honeymoon with no one at all...friends or family...lol that would be great...

RBO wa destroyd with RO....it truly was....
@Aditi

Very pertinent question you've raised, really!!!

Back then.....even after the story moved base to Bombay, RBO was essentially a love story.....if we fell in love with it so whole-heartedly.....it was because it was a beautiful story, beautifully told by two beautiful actors!!!!

Alas, what remains today are only those 'beautiful' actors.....😭

As things stand currently, their love story is depicted at the wrong place at the wrong time.....even their mind-boggling chemistry screaming out of our TV sets cannot seem to dilute the scarring effect of that distasteful MMS!!!

The downhill journey started post Rock-On!!!

They havent recovered since....

If nothing else, address the infidelity issue for Christ sake!!!😑

Get the perpetrator of the MMS crime to pay a price, instead of pondering over which beauty to choose from!!!!😑😑

Come on CVs.....go all out.....Dhulwadi is a golden oppurtunity for  you to redeem yourselves......if for nothing else......as a tribute to this beautiful love story......beautifully told.......by two beautiful actors!!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 13 years ago
I do not get how they will address the issue of MMS and Rahul now.
Shaan goes back.Meets Rahul.Says "Thanks for the RV bro.And now that my time of need has passed..."
*punch*
Because that seems stupid.
Even if we say he did not deal with Rahul before leaving in his hurry to get to Khanak there is that HUG standing in the way.
Ugh.
They can never redeem this for me.
They utterly destroyed it with that hug.
And it wasn't like Shaan was clueless.
He knew everything.Straight from the horse's mouth as we say!

Edited by -SYS- - 13 years ago
Am no veteran to judge, but from how ever much I have been here, my views are close to you all.

Ever since the RO track everything at RBO went downhill! July-August episodes never left me yearnig for any particular scene being shot otherwise. I liked what they gave. Never did that feeling creep in that it could have been otherwise. There was good material as "Kubare" pointed out.

There were lot os issues that could have happened instead of RO track.

Now as Yumna says it is too late to revert or have damage control for the most touchy unresolved issue - The MMS issue!! And I don't see them doing anything about it either!!! At least yet!!πŸ˜’
Originally posted by -SYS-

I do not get how they will address the issue of MMS and Rahul now.
Shaan goes back.Meets Rahul.Says Thanks for the RV bro.And now that my time of need has passed
*punch*
Because that seems stupid.
Even if we say he did not deal with Rahul before leaving in his hurry to get to Khanak there is that HUG standing in the way.
Ugh.
They can never redeem this for me.
They utterly destroyed it with that hug.
And it wasn't like Shaan was clueless.
He knew everything.Straight from the horse's mouth as we say!

@Yumna

The only way I see that happening is if they address the infidelity accusation issue in Dhulwadi 'cos the nidus of it lies in the MMS and Rahul!!

So if they address the whole infidelity/mistrust issue, Khanak can stand her ground of getting Rahul to pay for his misdeeds......no woman in her right senses would ever want to see the face of such a man ever again in her life, leave alone let her husband trust him again!!!

So the nucleus could be there.....a feisty Khanak refusing to budge until the perpetrator is fittingly brought to book!!!

Else, the scope of Shaan vis-a-vis Rahul paying a price, as you rightly said, has been completely butchered!!! Truly a sad price to pay for a non-existent anti-hero turning into an equally non-existent side-hero!!! πŸ˜‘
Edited by dr.dsr - 13 years ago

@Yumna..so true what we got then was worth waiting for...we wre plesantly left suprised so many times with the CV's hatke creativity...

And completely agre with you on the whole MMS and Rahul thing...it can never be rectified ...not after that HUG Shaan gave him...Never....😑

@Dyo...beautifully said...the only good thing left from that phase is the two brilliant actors along with K-Family...who all are not utilized properly at all..since RO...the creativity has taken a toss out the window..along with their brians...

And yes with you...Dhulwadi has such great potential really...use it...and please please atleast get the trust / infeditity issue resolved instead of treating it just like you did that whole MMS issue...
Originally posted by dr.dsr

@Yumna

The only way I see that happening is if they address the infidelity accusation issue in Dhulwadi 'cos the nidus of it lies in the MMS and Rahul!!

So if they address the whole infidelity/mistrust issue, Khanak can stand her ground of getting Rahul to pay for his misdeeds......no woman in her right senses would ever want to see the face of such a man ever again her life, leave alone letting her husband trusting him again!!!

But then this should have happened before Dhulwadi track began.😑

And I totally agree that it should have been like this. Why rush into Dhulwadi and totally ignore the issue altogether along with also now trying to rush out of the Dhulwadi track! To back where!? RaJan?"πŸ˜•

So the nucleus could be there.....a feisty Khanak refusing to budge until the perpetrator is fittingly brought to book!!!

yes put correctly!!

Else, the scope of Shaan vis-a-vis Rahul paying a price, as you rightly said, has been completely butchered!!! Truly a sad price to pay for a non-existent anti-hero to turn into an equally non-existent side-hero!!! 

like Yumna says, now it is gone that moment.. that opportunity!!
Edited by jparker - 13 years ago
@DocD
Either way Shaan's character has been compromised badly just to turn anti hero into side hero😑

The Shaan who scolded Khanak for hurting Natasha has turned into into the Shaan who hugs the person responsible for him hurting his wife and mistrusting her.
If Khanak takes a stand-which I hope she will, though looking at the current situations she just might go back to Mumbai and cook for Rahul-Jenny-then Shaan is the guy who gives it back to Rahul only after Khanak tells him to.

Either way, Shaan tou bana insensitive idiot.
Edited by -SYS- - 13 years ago
@Jessica and Dyo...MMS will never be resolved ever not even through Khanak making a stand...the CV's who created this whole MMS xcrap in the first place are all suffering from the famous Ghajni effect....πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

One can only hope that the whole Trust / infedility issue does not meet the same treatment...