Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Malaysia Vasudevan passes away

Malaysia Vasudevan, the legendary singer passed away today (February 20) at a private hospital in Chennai. 

The singer was born in Malaysia to Malayalee parents and moved to Chennai where found a career as a singer and actor.

Malaysia Vasudevan has sung nearly 8,000 songs in Tamil and over 4,000 songs in other South Indian languages to his credit.

He has also acted in nearly 85 films.  He was a versatile singer who could render folk, classical and mass songs and had a great voice.

Prashanthini, fastest rising singer and the daughter of Malaysia Vasudevan  in a recent interview said: "My father greatest quality as a singer was 'Kelvi Gjanam' or the power to understand and sing a song accordingly, which I feel I have picked up from him. Do you know my father has not only sung good melodies but also mass folk songs like Podhuvaga Enmanasu Thangam in Rajini sir's Murattu Kaalai and many others."

Malaysia Vasudevan has sung some of the biggest hit songs of Rajinikanth in the 1980's and 90's. Some of his notable songs for the Superstar are
Podhuvaga Enmanasu Thangam( Murattu Kaalai) Ennama Kannu Sowkiyama (Mr. Bharat) Singamondru Purapattadhe (Arunachalam), Yejaman Kaladi Manneduthu (Yejaman)and many others.

Popular singer Suchitra paying rich tributes to him tweeted- "Vasu sir was a legendary singer and a wonderfully warm person. Will always remember him for his unmitigated positive energy."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Malaysia Vasudevan passes away" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
I am not sure if it is posted already here.

It is kind of late when I heard about that.

My Heartfelt condolences.

eclat

IF-Veteran Member

eclat

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
RIP - MV Sir....

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged
I too felt very shocked when I heard about this on the news... May his soul rest in peace...

I've heard many of his songs, and the song Aaha vanthirichu aasaiyil odiyaanthen from Kalyanaraman is always talked about along with many others..

-musicluv-

Goldie

-musicluv-

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Omg this is sad! My all time fav was Kodai kaala kaatre... sigh! RIP MV sir!

_SK_

Viewbie

_SK_

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Unhappy

Poongatru Thirumbuma....

RIP.

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Me too like all of his compositions.

The last time I saw him was in Sangeetha maha Yutham -2 preview show.

He looked very sick as if he is going to break any time. Was wondering what'sup and saw this news.

Anajlis again.

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged

I was sad hearing this...I do like many of his songs

May his soul rest in peace.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.