Languished in the Moonlight ! (poem) - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by dmgmjht4ever

This was a lovely poem! It really touches a girl's heart and spread throughout the world

Glad you liked it Nidhi.....yep certain things do touch people's heart irrespective of everything else !

Thanks a lot for the comment.....

Originally posted by nanny25

Dear Fatima,

That was indeed a beautiful poem. Also u are absolutely correct when u say that no-one goes into this trade of their own free will...they are almost always forced by circumstances....despite this we can see no end to this...I often wonder why we can't stop it or if not completely eradicate this evil at least something can be done to minimise it.....hope others also think like this and do something.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the comment dear....well sometimes even I think that at least  we could do something to stop this...but something this widely spread can't be stopped or eradicated but at least we could try to rescue some girls...even if could save one its worth it !

Alas you can just wonder and wish...but yes there are people who work for them....I'm just contributing in the smallest form by writing and making people aware...there are people who really do the deed !

Glad you liked the poem dear....

Take Care,
Fatima

Originally posted by sanjh1234

very lovelt and near to truth poem dear loved it thanx a lot

Thanks a lot dear n glad you like the poem :)

Originally posted by shivangi783

Beautiful!⭐️
Evoking emotions! 

Thanks a lot Shivangi....glad you liked the poem and
the emotions that it evoked.......

Originally posted by gopi06

awesome poem..write more
thanks for the pm

Thanks a lot...dear for the sweet comment :)

Originally posted by -BunnyGirl-

vry well written Fatima 👏👏👏..luv it.. thx for z pm

Glad you liked dear....
Thanks a lot for the comment...

Take Care,
Fatima

Originally posted by Water.

My comment:

Story of a girl, a woman, a sister, a mother, a wife
Life knocks on your doorstep one day with
Desperation, Helplessness, Obligation, Complusion, Vulnerability
A question arises in your mind, your heart and your soul
What can you do?
To survive the warth of this cruel world
Whom can you save from the misery called life
What do you do when your child cries for milk
How long can you survive without a drop of water
A story emerges
Some people call it S** trade, some call it prostitution
Some give heart-wreching names to them
But what can you do?
The bottom line is that you need to survive
And Desperation, Helplessness, Obligation, Compulsion and Vulnerability
Leaves you with no option
Other than the Poem written below.

The day has ended and the moon is in up-rise,
And the stars shine in the seamless black night,
The light goes down as a smoky aura engulfs,
The starry night is not silent anymore,
As the creatures of dark are on the roar.

The voracious souls now slowly ooze,
Where liquor is dew and vile is not anew,
Girls are slaughtered and fear is in sight,
As innocence is tarnished and lust is in the air,
And green notes no longer curb despair.

The fiesta is now livid and live,
Pleas and cries are spread wide, 
As the poor souls are openly advertised,
The wails and howls are now suppressed,
And the night goes cold and wild.
Is life fair?
Only life can answer that question. The wisdom of answering this question comes the way you look at your own life. No one wants to sell themselves, No one. People are either forced into this industry or have no other choice, than this choice.

Rachana

Hey Rachana,

First off thanks a lot for the wonderful comment dear....

well the poem you've written is quite apt.....what I don't get is why certain people are so insensitive to this issue...alright I understand I'm just speaking I'm not acting but the position I'm at I don't think I can do more than that...but at least I'm not shunning those people it might some one may take something outta my poem and do the needful....why is the sex trade or trafficking as we all say it as seen in the bad light....I know its bad...but what's the girl's mistake infact they are the one suffering and yet there are people who call them stupid...I had read in a paper sometime back the girls were educated but their everything snatched away....husband's selling their wives for money and so much more, and yet you say the girl is foolish...she must have rebelled run away...huh is that so easy as you say ?? I don't think so....

Some people really I feel do not want to look beyond the small shell they've created they feel all the politics that occurs is confined to certain things they don't see the larger aspect and if people like me tell...I'm laughed upon saying that's foolish of you to think that way.....and utterly outrageous to talk on such subjects....
At least I'm courageous n bold enough to tell what I feel rather than call those unfortunate people  stupid....

Gosh I've rambled too much...but yeah what you said is right....is life fair??

Thanks a lot for the wonderful and heart touching comment...

Take Care,
Fatima

Originally posted by Newdime

A very close check on one's heart Shabnoor, Rachana you as well.  The reality, always bites.  World is not always glitter with gems, it could be the burning hell.  And people who live in to survive knows better how it feels to get burned everyday.  Choice are tough, not always you get to choose it's all you get.  I thank my heaven to what I'm and what I have, I do not forget to live on earth I appreciate each and every air I breath, every meal I eat, every step I take, the morning I wake and the bed I sleep.

Seriously reality bites and we can't do anything about it....and even I thank God every second that he gave me a secure place to live in and what ever I am today...

life is not always a bed of roses it has thorns too...hope everyone could understand this fact and stop blaming the girls who are trafficked...coz not everyone is happy being there and not everyone is there on their own wish......

Thanks  a lot for your comment dear..glad you liked it !

Take Care,
Fatima 

Originally posted by -shabnoor-

Hey Rachana,

First off thanks a lot for the wonderful comment dear....

well the poem you've written is quite apt.....what I don't get is why certain people are so insensitive to this issue...alright I understand I'm just speaking I'm not acting but the position I'm at I don't think I can do more than that...but at least I'm not shunning those people it might some one may take something outta my poem and do the needful....why is the sex trade or trafficking as we all say it as seen in the bad light....I know its bad...but what's the girl's mistake infact they are the one suffering and yet there are people who call them stupid...I had read in a paper sometime back the girls were educated but their everything snatched away....husband's selling their wives for money and so much more, and yet you say the girl is foolish...she must have rebelled run away...huh is that so easy as you say ?? I don't think so....

Some people really I feel do not want to look beyond the small shell they've created they feel all the politics that occurs is confined to certain things they don't see the larger aspect and if people like me tell...I'm laughed upon saying that's foolish of you to think that way.....and utterly outrageous to talk on such subjects....
At least I'm courageous n bold enough to tell what I feel rather than call those unfortunate people  stupid....

Gosh I've rambled too much...but yeah what you said is right....is life fair??

Thanks a lot for the wonderful and heart touching comment...

Take Care,
Fatima

Life,
Some have it easy and some have it hard, not to forget that easy and hard is from an individual's own prespective.
Life is so much more than looking at it from just your prespective.

If a person takes an opportunity, a chance, a day, hour, a minute, a second...just to see and try to understand where the other person is coming from, I believe there will be so much humanity in this world that it will be enough to heal the sorrow and pain of others.

It only takes a second to smile, a minute to give a hug, an hour to listen to their story, a day, a month to give them the support they need.

I believe people are not able to understand others is because they are too busy in the "I", "ME" and "MINE" world. Once an individual comes beyond that, than only they can see and feel for others.

Other important factor is compassion and empathy, if that is missing from a person's life they will not be able to see beyond what is shown in front of them.

No one is born bad, or choose to be bad. It is their life situations that bring them on that journey.

Specially in our South Asian culture, it is always the female who is at fault. If she wants a divorce, she is at fault, if she ran away from home just to seek independence she is at fault, if she wants a career she is preceived as wrong.

Changing the norms of the society is a task that needs to be handled from grassroots position and it is a very long and enduring tasks.

U, I and other can make a start by projecting our views to the world and one day when the chain of these thoughts have been long enough a reaction will start and than only hopefully the world can see that everything is meant to be beautiful and not just dark like a stormy cloud.
not just the theme of the poem that draws me (in fact, the solemn topics are rarely written or projected well enough to catch attention) but your phrasing of the verse which stands out.

I especially like how you gel the beauty of a serene night with the horrors that prevail in it ... the blend becoming darkly mysterious and yet quite well known.

thanks for the pm fatima, and sorry about the delay!

cheers,
nj
Originally posted by Water.

Life,
Some have it easy and some have it hard, not to forget that easy and hard is from an individual's own prespective.
Life is so much more than looking at it from just your prespective.

If a person takes an opportunity, a chance, a day, hour, a minute, a second...just to see and try to understand where the other person is coming from, I believe there will be so much humanity in this world that it will be enough to heal the sorrow and pain of others.

It only takes a second to smile, a minute to give a hug, an hour to listen to their story, a day, a month to give them the support they need.

I believe people are not able to understand others is because they are too busy in the "I", "ME" and "MINE" world. Once an individual comes beyond that, than only they can see and feel for others.

Other important factor is compassion and empathy, if that is missing from a person's life they will not be able to see beyond what is shown in front of them.

No one is born bad, or choose to be bad. It is their life situations that bring them on that journey.

Specially in our South Asian culture, it is always the female who is at fault. If she wants a divorce, she is at fault, if she ran away from home just to seek independence she is at fault, if she wants a career she is preceived as wrong.

Changing the norms of the society is a task that needs to be handled from grassroots position and it is a very long and enduring tasks.

U, I and other can make a start by projecting our views to the world and one day when the chain of these thoughts have been long enough a reaction will start and than only hopefully the world can see that everything is meant to be beautiful and not just dark like a stormy cloud.

Agreed to every word you spoke...life is as we make it to be and its all a matter of perspective ! Who will know better than me....at one point of a time I was bubbly and now despite being that there is a veil of gloom that is looming...and I'm desperately trying to get back to my old life...Ah matter of perception !

Empathy and compassion do count a lot in a person's behavior and some people are so self centric they can't see anything other than themselves...and d one who is all caring is said to be unfit n too innocent for this world...maybe I've no idea at all....

Change is constant but then this is something no matter how hard we try you can't eradicate it...its just we try to see the bright aspect but we should not be so lost in d dreamland that we can't distinguish between illusion n reality ! But then there organizations for these too...like the one run by
"Sunitha Krishnan" and etc....

I'm really glad that you've responded so well to this small poem of mine, never knew it could lead to a discussion coz till date it had not reached....

Edited by -shabnoor- - 13 years ago
Originally posted by spln

not just the theme of the poem that draws me (in fact, the solemn topics are rarely written or projected well enough to catch attention) but your phrasing of the verse which stands out.

I especially like how you gel the beauty of a serene night with the horrors that prevail in it ... the blend becoming darkly mysterious and yet quite well known.

thanks for the pm fatima, and sorry about the delay!

cheers,
nj

Yeah people hardly tread on these topics as they seem too gloomy to the majority of the audience...but then I'm glad enough what I wrote was catchy and stood out as well as portrayed what I wanted to.

You'll be shocked to know I wrote this poem when I was busy studying for my exam...this thought just kept on haunting me and then it was something that I could just not ignore and then I just penned down that came in my mind and there is another thing I can imagine everything crisply with an added amount of background music...I guess that is just not the case with my other poems....

And its the truth right? Night is not always tranquil for all...when we are sleeping peacefully there might be someone fight for mere existence.

I'm just glad that my sublime words came out as explicitly and you liked it !!

And its alright for the delay I realize people one has commitments..at least you gave your views :)

Take Care,
Fatima

"When all this started, I asked myself, 'Am I going to withdraw from the world, like most people do, or am I going to live?' I decided I am going to live-or at least try to live-the way I want, with dignity, with courage, with humour, with composure."

Limitations live only in our minds.  Nevertheless, if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. You see things; and you say, why? However, I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

dear..

4 pm me....dear
lots of &
sach a n sweet n awesome update....
just

4 ur update...
to pm me dear....
sorry 4 late reply dear....really
to u dear.....
lov,❤️
Tama