Lucky Man : Barun Sobti -indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:42am | IP Logged

Lucky Man: Barun Sobti
Buzz up!
Armed with good looks, dashing personality and a huge female fan following, Barun Sobti now calls himself lucky too. When his big TV break Sony TV's serial Baat Hamari Pakki Hai is coming to an end in two days, he has bagged a yet another big serial. Here's chatting, or rather trying to chat with a man of few words.

by Kavita Awaasthi / Hill Road Media
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next
Barun Sobti

You began your television career with STAR Plus' Shraddha and later did a cameo in the popular youth show STAR One's Dill Mill Gayye. But it was Sony's Baat Hamari Pakki Hai that brought you a lead role. How are you feeling now that the show is coming to an end?
I am glad to get a break in such a great show. I am thankful to the channel, the production team and my co stars for all the love and support. Of course, I am feeling bad that our show is coming to an end but I also feel everything has an end. The show is coming to a logical end and that is the way things should be. I will miss the team, the wonderful times we had.

Barun Sobti

You have signed Imagine's new show Dulhann. What were the criteria for selecting the show?
Among all offers I had, Dulhann was the best in terms of role and production house. It appealed to me, so I didn't have to think twice before accepting it. I play a rich guy who gets away with everything. I have to be briefed properly about the character and the story, though I know the basics. I am not allowed to talk about it yet. In fact I haven't even signed the contract.

Barun Sobti

Most TV actors either take a break or don't get good roles in serials once their shows end. Do you feel lucky to have bagged another show just when your current project is ending?
I wanted to take a break as shooting for a daily serial is taxing. But I also realize that now is the time to work hard and I would be foolish to let go of such an opportunity. Perhaps you can call me lucky. [smiles]

Barun Sobti

Baat Hamari Pakki Hai has been mediocre in garnering TRPs.
Well, I don't know about that but the show has been great for me, my career. I have got a favourable response and people have appreciated my work.

Barun Sobti

What does acting mean to you?
Work mainly. I guess I haven't done enough acting, enough work to find that depth or passion.

What does being on television mean?
Television is my bread and butter. It gives me instant connect with the audiences, a medium to reach out to millions of viewers all across the world. Television is a perfect platform to express your creativity, especially for an actor like me.
Barun Sobti

From all roles you have essayed, which would you say has been the role to date?
I have to say Shravan in Baat Hamari Pakki Hai because the role had numerous shades. It was the most complex role I have ever done. I started off as a spoilt guy, a brat, then became sober, positive, played a lost guy in between trying to find his place in life and finally a matured person.

Which character has been the closest to your real personality?
None actually. Baat Hamari Pakki Hai's Shravan has a playfulness to his character, a fun loving side. I have that trait too. Other than that I don't think I share any qualities with any character I played.

Barun Sobti

How would you describe yourself?
I am a regular, ordinary guy. Bit shy, man of few words. [smiles]

Tell us about your recent marriage.
I married my childhood sweetheart on 12th December 2010. We were together for over 12 years. She was in Melbourne working as an accountant in between but now we are happily married.

Edited by Armu4eva - 23 February 2011 at 5:56am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

power_playFeenieDips_Arhidesigirl2ChocolateChicksangeeta9ayshranizanamikchitra77Mr.ZkIshrafan11Aanchal15shilparoxxshobrakapooormaris08ash91ekdoteencharmomma1128sunaina02

maris08 IF-Rockerz
maris08
maris08

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:49am | IP Logged
thanz for the link indeed he is lucky to get another newshow as male lead even before this BHPH ends

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Updated..
momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 6:00am | IP Logged
It's his time and he is so down to earth, he realizes he can't pass up opportunities. He's such a great actor, I'm glad to hear he was getting offers of multiple roles. Totally love his work ethic. And he has a thing for accountants...what luck!!!! Davi, we're in!

Edited by momma1128 - 23 February 2011 at 6:27am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Lord_AragonDips_Arhiizanamichammak_challo-Jahnvi-Infofan

izanami Goldie
izanami
izanami

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
I love this guy. So mellow, and yet serious about work and opportunities. Now it's confirmed he'll most likely get on Dulhann; wish him the best of luck and great success with this new show!
ash91 IF-Rockerz
ash91
ash91

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Indeed a lucky guy!!! never gotto know much about him all this time...so this interview means a lot...thanks for sharing!!! waiting for dulhann...just for BarunSmileSmile
ktms Goldie
ktms
ktms

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Barun is so talented and he dserves what he gets.

Oh i forgot ,lucky you anu LOL
ayshran Goldie
ayshran
ayshran

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing!

Go to top