India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

The Journey of a Lifetime

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged

I wanted to post my thoughts on y'day's episode, but then i couldn't. I went back and watched some of my favorite scenes, from last Feb to November. And I realized a simple post wouldn't suffice.

What a journey it has been! Call it what you must, serendipity or maybe destiny! This is the story of a man who had once buried every emotion deep inside, and a girl whose immense faith has led her through this deadly maze and finally into the arms of her love!

I've written odes to this couple a hundred times, but I can't help but do it again! This has been one of the greatest love stories I've been witness to, albeit on television. I haven't seen love so fierce, so pristine and soulful. These two make me believe that there exists a kind of love that needs no reasons, no words.

Love stories have held our interest forever. But aren't they all the same? There's nothing that stays with you and after a while you just forget what it was all about. Not this story. Dutta and Nakusha are the kind of lovers whom the universe celebrates- it has written their destiny in the stars, and waited for an eternity for this story to unfold.

Dutta. I wonder if he ever had a childhood he could call his own. Inspite of the fact that he was lucky enough to have a family, did he ever belong? Agreed, AS treated him as one of her own, maybe even showered him with love and care. But there must've been moments where she resented him for being the enemy's son. And this, among other things, has been the reason why none of the people he calls his family has ever been able to penetrate the darkness in his heart.

A family he never belonged to...and then a girl he thought he loved. Maybe Dutta did love Seema, the way a boy loves a girl. He dreamt that this would be the girl who would give him that undefinable something he'd been missing all his life. But no, instead Seema pushed him into a world where everything was dark and sinister, and created a monster out of him. Thwarted and morose, he realized that the only way he could survive was by sealing his heart, numbing it to every emotion. He thought he'd never feel again, and he wanted it that way.

And then Nakusha happened. The mere wisp of a girl whom he rescued. That night, what Dutta didn't realize was that she was the rescuer and he was being rescued. Like he admitted, he did feel a strange restlessness, that yearning he'd never felt before; not even when he thought he'd loved Seema. As he locked eyes with the dark girl in the rearview mirror, he didn't realize that his life was about to change, forever.

There is love, simple and silly. There is another kind of love, all-consuming and dark. And then there is a kind of love that encompasses every emotion, a love that completes you in every sense. A love that is a friend, a mother, a confidante, and above all a soulmate. This is what Nakusha is to Dutta.

When Nakusha first started working for Dutta, she was to everyone a lowly servant girl. Everyone except Dutta who found her a curious mix of impudent child and advisor. It was her innocence, her absolute fearlessness that first made him notice her. And even as she chastised him, he'd smile. For the only person who ever told him the truth to his face, until then, was Baji. And Baji, inspite of being Dutta's best friend, didn't always tell Dutta the truth, maybe because he loved his friend too much. Thus Nakusha became Dutta's friend, the one he'd turn to when he wanted advice. She taught him things only a friend could.  She read his pain even when he denied it. When she told him to give love a chance, he couldn't but deny her. More than anything, she wanted him to give himself a chance. And Dutta realized that too, for that was what he was trying to do when he said yes to Supriya. We always want to be the person our friends say we are. We believe them, for we know that they speak from the heart. And so, in those lonely winter evenings, Dutta found himself opening up, sharing his pain with another human being. That was the first step in their journey.

Then came a phase where he felt betrayed by the one person he'd come to trust the most. It was this betrayal, more than Supriya's, that drove him to the edge and made him punish Nakusha. Even in his hatred, it was as if he couldn't let go of her. He didn't want to. Isn't it funny, that when he was furious with Kala, he let her go out of his life, but with Nakusha, he never did it, not even when he felt betrayed a second time! That betrayal, and his subsequent realization that Nakusha was innocent, was the second step in their journey.

Then came a moment where he realized that this girl,  whom he'd never acknowledged as his wife, would go to any lengths to protect him. It was not that she wanted to prove her love. It was just that she'd decided that she'd be with him, even in death. Although Dutta did confess that she had shattered his pride (saara huroor tod gayi woh), even before that moment, it must've been then that he realized what she meant to him! 

And so, when he closed his eyes, he realized that it had been her all along. That one undefinable feeling he'd been searching for all his life, it was her! During the days of their courtship, Dutta was certainly lover-like. Shy, but still lover-like. Naku, instead of just being his lover, was more than that.

She was his anchor, once again, in one of the darkest phases of his life. Even today, I feel the Damodar Patil track was one of the most brilliant tracks in LTL. A defeated Dutta, his identity stolen from him, asking Naku what his name was. THe way Naku brought him back, from the dark mist that surrounded him, it was what a mother would do for her child. She was this time, his mother, a woman who chastised him, showed him the mirror and told him that he had to find himself, on his own. When he asked her how she could stay calm and happy, even in the face of a storm, she explained it to him patiently, as a mother would to her child. Told him why love was a virtue to be upheld.

And then, she became his wife. Loved him from the shadows, and loved him even when he told her that he hated her. Loved him enough to banish all the shadows, every doubt. You know what I loved most about this phase, the fact that even when Dutta pretended to hate her, and then realized he couldn't do it anymore, he never once asked her for the truth. He didn't need to know what the reasons were, because he already loved her, and it didn't make any difference to him!

And so, we have had Dutta and Nakusha live every part. And now, they are united, as lovers. For their love story has just begun. And even as i write it, I know it will continue forever. This has been the one thing we've waited for, TaSha as lovers. If y'day was any indication, this love story's gonna be magnificent!

Edited by lizdarcy - 23 February 2011 at 3:47am

The following 37 member(s) liked the above post:

merunshamnasasaliSayaa321sdr66preetiamshan2430imp200020001sut1star1315shipsvahgarloveumishalnotsorrysikkaishaVampgirlKavitaDRkomal_w25ziksdivya17-7-Roopa-Crystal29sub_rosaleft_foreverrama_2010Pooja_219mozart66-bharti-ushankitvcmIsHeZ.x-Azy-LekzElysia*dewdrop~pearl*-Srushti-Prinsesse.Suvistranger2roseHamlet53

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Beautiful post once again, Liz. You have a way with words that simply strike the core. I'm so glad that you decided to write this post, because you put words on my thoughts. Thank you.

Originally posted by lizdarcy

I haven't seen love so fierce, so pristine and soulful. These two make me believe that there exists a kind of love that needs no reasons, no words.

Love stories have held our interest forever. But aren't they all the same? There's nothing that stays with you and after a while you just forget what it was all about. Not this story. Dutta and Nakusha are the kind of lovers whom the universe celebrates- it has written their destiny in the stars, and waited for an eternity for this story to unfold.

Yes, indeed. This is one love story that stands out and cannot be compared to any other. Should I choose between experiencing a love such as Romeo and Juliet's or Tasha's, then I would surely choose Tasha's. Not only do I feel that Romeo and Juliet's love story was childish and overrated, but I feel that Tasha's love consists of everything true, pure, and powerful. Like you said, Tasha's love is so fierce, pristine, and soulful that no words are needed. You love unconditionally and ask for nothing in return, except the happiness of the one you love.

What intrigued me so much about LTL when I first started watching the show was the love story between Dutta and Nakusha. I had never seen anything like it before. I have watched countless love stories unfold on other shows and, yes, some of them have been sweet, passionate, even deep. But none of them have been unique. None of them have had such respect, trust, fierceness and purity as Tasha's. I thought that Nakusha was the typical all-sacrificing female lead of just another Indian TV serial - but then Dutta entered, and it turned out that though Nakusha gave all she had into loving him, he would give her no less than that. I felt it in the moment when Nakusha was at the well with Supriya, when she stood underneath the tree and the flowers that were meant to fall upon Supriya showered down upon Nakusha instead.

That moment convinced me. Dutta would love her ten times more than any man had ever loved any woman.

Dutta. I wonder if he ever had a childhood he could call his own. Inspite of the fact that he was lucky enough to have a family, did he ever belong? Agreed, AS treated him as one of her own, maybe even showered him with love and care. But there must've been moments where she resented him for being the enemy's son. And this, among other things, has been the reason why none of the people he calls his family has ever been able to penetrate the darkness in his heart.

Perhaps there was always a hollowness within Dutta. One that he couldn't decipher. But I don't think that AS ever resented him for being the son of her husband's killer. She loved him, and still loves him, unconditionally and felt sorry for him. In her eyes, he had also lost a father. In her eyes, his childhood had been ruined by the same man who killed her husband. I think that once she took him in, she only ever saw him as her own and Sriram's Patil's son. I don't think that she ever resented him for anything. Not even for a second.

A family he never belonged to...and then a girl he thought he loved. Maybe Dutta did love Seema, the way a boy loves a girl. He dreamt that this would be the girl who would give him that undefinable something he'd been missing all his life. But no, instead Seema pushed him into a world where everything was dark and sinister, and created a monster out of him. Thwarted and morose, he realized that the only way he could survive was by sealing his heart, numbing it to every emotion. He thought he'd never feel again, and he wanted it that way.

Indeed. Perfectly worded. Seema pushed him into a bottomless void. He was shrouded in that darkness. He became something that was unrecognizable. Then Nakusha came and recognized the human in him. She even embraced the beast.

And then Nakusha happened. The mere wisp of a girl whom he rescued. That night, what Dutta didn't realize was that she was the rescuer and he was being rescued. Like he admitted, he did feel a strange restlessness, that yearning he'd never felt before; not even when he thought he'd loved Seema. As he locked eyes with the dark girl in the rearview mirror, he didn't realize that his life was about to change, forever.

Yes. She was indeed the rescuer, over and over again. What I found so very interesting in those episodes that showed us their friendship unfolding was that Dutta never once realized, never once identified the emotions within him that were for Nakusha. She came, won his trust and his heart with her sweet talk, support, kindness and care, her innocence - but whenever he focused on her, she distracted him by mentioning Supriya and thus confusing him. For instance; the scene before his wedding with Supriya when he asked Nakusha how she could read him so easily? Instead of letting him speculate, think deeper, and maybe reach some kind of realization of his emotions, Nakusha turned the subject around and said: "But now Supriya Tai will enter your life as your humsafar..." I think that with time, he would've realized that everything he felt then was for Nakusha, not Supriya - which is why Naku's "betrayal" weighed a lot more than Supriya's.

Nakusha always pushed him toward opening up to those emotions within him, pushed him over toward Supriya. But every ounce of happiness that he felt, every peace, every lovely emotion - it wasn't for Supriya, but for Nakusha. If Supriya had never been in the picture, he might've realized this sooner. He might've never been misled.

Then came a moment where he realized that this girl,  whom he'd never acknowledged as his wife, would go to any lengths to protect him. It was not that she wanted to prove her love. It was just that she'd decided that she'd be with him, even in death. Although Dutta did confess that she had shattered his pride (saara huroor tod gayi woh), even before that moment, it must've been then that he realized what she meant to him!

Oh, how I loved this journey of theirs. It was beautiful to watch. Still is. 

And so, when he closed his eyes, he realized that it had been her all along. That one undefinable feeling he'd been searching for all his life, it was her!

Yes!

She was his anchor, once again, in one of the darkest phases of his life. Even today, I feel the Damodar Patil track was one of the most brilliant tracks in LTL. A defeated Dutta, his identity stolen from him, asking Naku what his name was. THe way Naku brought him back, from the dark mist that surrounded him, it was what a mother would do for her child. She was this time, his mother, a woman who chastised him, showed him the mirror and told him that he had to find himself, on his own.

The DP track was the most brilliant track, indeed. I've never seen Dutta so broken, so vulnerable, so small (like a lost boy).

And then, she became his wife. Loved him from the shadows, and loved him even when he told her that he hated her. Loved him enough to banish all the shadows, every doubt. You know what I loved most about this phase, the fact that even when Dutta pretended to hate her, and then realized he couldn't do it anymore, he never once asked her for the truth. He didn't need to know what the reasons were, because he already loved her, and it didn't make any difference to him!

And so, we have had Dutta and Nakusha live every part. And now, they are united, as lovers. For their love story has just begun. And even as i write it, I know it will continue forever. This has been the one thing we've waited for, TaSha as lovers. If y'day was any indication, this love story's gonna be magnificent!

Beautiful, Liz. I couldn't agree with you more Clap

Edited by Elysia - 23 February 2011 at 4:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

star1315lizdarcymIsHeZ.x

left_forever IF-Dazzler
left_forever
left_forever

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 3:56am | IP Logged
U have summarized it very well Liz

so did u see SBS news?? didnt see any comment frm u there on the post...i wanted to knw ur views especially abut tis LS whch began an yr back but has started its actual journey since yesterday
shan2430 Groupbie
shan2430
shan2430

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Ah...Liz...Its always a pleasure to read something that yu know expressed  beautifully...And u have again done that..
I've always wanted to tell yu this..yur posts feel like music to me..Yes..thats' it..They are a song with great lyrics that flow so harmoniously...A song without complicated notes - a song which touches yur heart..Smile
U've said all abt DN story..I can only affirm what yu've written..So keep writing (or rather singing:))
divya17-7 Senior Member
divya17-7
divya17-7

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:14am | IP Logged
hi liz,

a very nice intense post....... how do u write so beautifully........

Brilliant.Smile

will wait to read more of ur posts in future as r fav track has just started..............

tc
divya
Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lizdarcy

Just an addition as I thought further about what you wrote here, about AS resenting him. Maybe you're right about it, to an extent. Now that I've thought about it, deeper, why didn't AS stop him following Seema's betrayal, when he started to turn down the dark path?

It was selfish in a way, wasn't it? She was thinking of herself and her daughters, and how things were getting "better" for them. But had it really been her own son, would she have let him turn down that same path? Would she have let him do those things?

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
This is beautiful Liz...

You leave me speechless every time...
ushankitvc IF-Rockerz
ushankitvc
ushankitvc

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Beautifully written post, Liz.......... the words so well woven..........

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index