SS: A Bouquet of Roses Prt4 & Epi pg38 Pg April7 - Page 13

Posted: 13 years ago
fabulous. it usually happens after post delivery .girls can transform easily in any role but boys tend to take time to transform. after becoming mother(esp in the intial month)she is more attached to the baby. and man feels they r left out. husband and wife relation  goes haywire since they don't spend more time with each other. their life revolves around baby and baby talks. man starts feeling insecure(yes, i have seen many couples with this problem).few man try to find solace outside by doing odd jobs or entertaining themselves outside. so, you r right beautifully shown the emotions of geet  but still say maan may not be cheating .if yes then it is temporary ,raasta bhatak gaya hai and our geet will bring back. plz pm me Edited by anuvenuch - 13 years ago
Ooh so geet thinks maan maybe cheating in her because of his odd behaviour and distance towards her and lover her friend circle they are all so nice and supportive and hmm wonder who maan was talking about when he was telling 'paula' to wrote the note down for the dozen of roses as it doesn't add up to what geet explained about maan as his note said his fallling in love with her in the past few months but I'm not jumping to conlcusion until we get a clear vision to who his going to give the roses to and dont worry your life isn't in danger with me o always embrace new concepts anyways great update and can't wait to read more 😊
u only have to fear for ur life if
maan is really acting shady with geet lolz
ok...so...here is the next installment...i have to say...i am very impressed that many of you refused to think Maan would ever cheat on Geet...bravo for you guys...really...BRAVO!!! 👏👏👏

NOTE: so i noticed that all of Dadi's dialogues are in Hindi......i dont know why i did it like that...maybe its cuz she's Dadi and i just cant see her blabbering in english...i dont know...just go with it...lol...sorry...

Part 2

The phone at Khurana mansion rang.

"Hello," Dadi answered.

"Hello Dadi, main…Geet," Geet said, announcing herself.

"Geet beta, aapka lunch kaisa chal raha hai?" Dadi asked excitedly.

"Aacha hai Dadi…woh…" Geet stammered. "Woh…saab ne movie dekhne ka plan banaya hai…"

"Aare haan haan beta, aap bhi jaiyeh aapni saheliyoon ke saath," Dadi insisted, cutting Geet off.

"Magar…Rohan…?" Geet asked

"Rohan ka chinta tum maat karo, main hoon naa uske paas," Dadi said. "Main sambhal lungi."

"Paaka Dadi?" Geet asked again.

"Haan baba, paaka," Dadi said.

"Aagar ussne zyada pareshan kiya toh mujhe phone kar dijiyehga," Geet insisted.

"Tik hai…aab tum jaao…enjoy karo," Dadi said.

"Thank you Dadi," Geet said.

"Iss mein thanks kis baath ki?" Dadi asked. "Rohan humara pyaara sa pota hai. Hume uske saath waqt guzarna bohot aacha lagta hai."

Even through the phone, Geet knew that Dadi's words were true, as she heard Dadi then talk to Rohan.

"Tik hai Dadi. Main jaldi aajaungi," Geet promised.

"Koi baath nahin beta," Dadi said.

With that the two of them said their goodbye's and hung up the phone.

--------------------

After placing the phone on the table, Geet slumped back on the chair. The tears that she'd had to hold while talking to Dadi threatened to fall at any moment. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out slowly trying to calm her emotions. For a second it seemed to work, it was almost like she could feel the tears drying up. But then, suddenly, she heard Maan's voice in her head and the things he said over the phone about the message that was to accompany the flowers. That second where the tears dried was quickly gone as they came rushing back and spilled over onto her cheeks.

"Oh Geet," she head Sasha say.

Within seconds, she was enveloped into a gigantic hug by her three best friends. She held onto them as she wept silently, letting her emotions take over any sense of calm that was left in her body and mind.

The spent the rest of the afternoon and a good part of the evening trying to wrap their heads around what had happened during dinner. Everyone was trying to come up with excuses that would explain what they heard, but nothing seemed to fit. As Geet cried, her friends tried their best to comfort her, but they knew it was a lost cause. Geet had just heard the love of her life doing something she had never thought of.

They had all but forced her to have some soup and garlic bread for dinner after she'd refused to eat lunch. Come to think of it, they had all skipped lunch because after what had happened, no one had the appetite to eat anything. Meera and Pinky did their best to coax her into eating, not for her but for Rohan's sake. Geet was breast feeding so she had to make sure she was getting the right amount of nutrients because what she took in is what she would pass along to Rohan. It was only at the mention of Rohan's name that Geet managed to eat half a bowl of some pasta and roasted vegetables.

It was nearly 8pm when Geet had managed to pull herself together to get home. Again, the only thing keeping her functions was Rohan. She knew that she needed to get home to her baby, not only because he needed his mother, but more so this time – Geet needed her son, only he could make her feel better. Geet gathered her things, slipped on her coat and began walking out, with her girls following closely behind.

Once she was outside of the restaurant, she waited while the valet went to get her car.

"Geet, talk to Maan," Meera insisted.

"Yes, I'm sure there is a logical explanation for it all," Pinky added.

"For all we know, those flowers are for you. You'll go home to find a bouquet of roses on your dresser with that message written on the card," Sasha said optimistically.

Geet couldn't help but smile. Where would she be without her girls? Had it not been for them holding her together, she'd have shattered after what happened this afternoon.

The roar of her car brought her out of her trance.

One by one, Geet hugged Meera, Pinky and Sasha.

"Promise me you'll talk to him," Pinky said.

"I promise…" Geet said as she squeezed her hand. "I promise I'll try."

With that Geet got into the car and drove off. She didn't have to look in her rearview mirror to know that they all still stood on the side walk, and would be standing there until her car was no longer in sight.

--------------------

When Geet arrived back at home, Dadi had greeted her with a content looking Rohan. Dadi filled Geet in on how many times Rohan had been changed, and how much he drank from the milk Geet had left in the fridge. Geet simply listened on as she took her baby into hear arms and held him close. She breathed in his sweet baby sent, and felt his baby warmth as she stroked his back.

"Rohan ne zyada tang toh nahin kiya naa?" Geet asked.

"Bilkul bhi nahin…yeh toh humara shona baacha hai," Dadi said as she playfully pinched his cheeks.

Geet couldn't help but smile as Rohan gurgled.

Geet sat with Dadi for about another 30min as Dadi filled her in on Sharma Aunty's daughter who had ran away from home and gotten married to her college sweetheart. Apparently it was the talk of the town.

Soon Rohan started fussing and Geet knew it was time for him to eat and then go to bed. Geet excused herself as she carried Rohan up to the nursery to get it all done.

Once in the nursery, Geet sat on the rocking chair and got Rohan settled so that he latched on easily. She held her baby in her arms as he fed. She began rocking the chair, as she hummed a tune she had hummed for Rohan all the time. With her free hand she stroked his head gently and played with his tiny hand. Soon, his tiny hand grasped her thumb and held on tightly.

At that moment, as Rohan looked up at her, Geet marveled in the fact that Rohan was the splitting image of his father – Maan. He had Maan's piercing, dark eyes, he had the same head of raven black hair, until they'd shaved it off not so long ago. Rohan even had the beginnings of the strong Khurana jaw line. Geet smiled at the though that years from now, her son was going to be handsome man that girls would probably throw themselves at.

As Geet looked at Rohan, who fed happily, she thought back to her pregnancy. More so, she thought back to Maan during her pregnancy. He had been the perfect husband for the nine months of her pregnancy. He had held her hair when she had been sick, every morning, without fail for the first trimester. There wasn't an appointment he missed, or a craving he over looked. He made sure she took her vitamins every day, he talked to the baby every night so that the baby could get used to his voice. From day one he'd been her support in a challenging pregnancy. She knew that without him, she wouldn't have been able to get through it. She knew that without him, she wouldn't have had Rohan in her life.

Geet had felt so treasured.

Now – now the story was quite different. By no means did Maan ignore Rohan. Every night, no matter how late he got him, he would sneak in to the nursery to hold Rohan. It didn't matter if Rohan had been sleeping, Maan would lift him keeping in mind not to wake the baby. Then, he'd just sit with Rohan in his arms sleeping, as he simply watched Rohan. Every morning, before he went off to work, he'd hold Rohan again and talk to him, just the way a father talked to his son. But with her, with her he was completely different. He was distant, always too busy. The Maan who couldn't want to get his hand on her, now simply kissed her on her forehead every now that then. The Maan who was more of a hopeless romantic, was anything but that since Rohan had been born.

At first Geet had thought that maybe she was suffering from post-partum depression. She'd done all the research, read countless articles and books on the subject but she didn't seem to fit in anywhere. Then, it had started - the late nights at the office, the late night phone calls, the secrecy of those phone calls. Since Rohan had been born they hadn't been intimate with one another. While they slept in the same bed, there was like an invisible barrier between them. Eventually Maan started staying out later and later, and leaving for the office even earlier. If she asked him anything regarding his behavior, he's simply pass it over as nothing or completely change the subject. It was like he was hiding something from her, or so she felt.

Not just that, but the physical distance worried her as well. Before she'd gotten pregnant, Maan was insatiable. He only needed an excuse to touch her, to kiss her, to make love to her. He knew every inch of her body, better than she did at this point. Whether it was early in the morning, or the middle of the night – Maan was always in the mood. He had a particular look that Geet knew all to well. His eyes would get a glint in them, and his lips would curl in a smirk that only meant one thing – he wasn't going to spare her when they were alone. Even when she was pregnant, and the doctor it was ok, he'd made love to her every chance he got, as long as she'd been up for it. But now, he didn't even touch her. He didn't caress her curves, or tousle her hair. He didn't kiss her neck or hold her waist. He kept her arms length. Geet wasn't an idiot, she  knew what she looked like, and it wasn't the same Geet that Maan was used to. This new Geet had bigger breasts because she was nursing her baby, she hadn't lost all of the pregnancy weight yet, she had more on her curves, and she cursed her stretch marks every day in the shower. That's probably what it was,  her body wasn't the same so he must not be attracted to her any more.

Geet felt Rohan's grip on her finger loosen. Looking down at him she saw his eyes begin to droop. Geet quickly shifted him to her shoulder so that she could burp him. If he didn't burp before going off to sleep, then he would be gassy and wake up screaming bloody murder due to a tummy ache. She patted his back and soon was rewarded with a burp. She then quickly changed him and then rocked him back to sleep. Once he was out for the count, she placed him in his crib, turned on the monitor and left the room.

Coming downstairs she noticed the TV on while Dadi was on the phone, no doubt gossiping about the new scandal of the community – the run away bride. Geet began to put away the toys that Rohan had played with when Dadi hung up.

"Dadi, Maan nahin aaye?" Geet asked.

"Haan, aaya hai naa. Uppar nahin gaye?" Dadi asked.

"Nahin toh," Geet said.

"Shayad study mein hoga," Dadi said.

"Hmm…main dekhti hoon," Geet said.

She carried Rohan's toys up and passed the study in the process. Glancing in, she didn't see Maan. Geet quickly put the toys away and checked on Rohan, figuring Maan was probably out on the terrace, his favorite place to take phone calls lately.

That's why, when she saw him unbuttoning his shirt in their room as she walked in, she was shocked.

"Maan…" she said softly.

"Oh, hey," he said as he smiled at her as he took off his shirt. "How was your lunch?"

"What?" Geet asked.

She blushed as she was momentarily side tracked as she stared at her husbands bare, chiseled and hard chest and abdomen.

"Your lunch with the girls. How was it?" he asked again.

"Oh the…lunch…" Geet said as she relived the afternoon in a few seconds.

She felt tears sting her eyes again but she knew she couldn't cry.

"Lunch was good…same as always…talking, laughing, yelling…that stuff," Geet lied.

Maan simply smiled at her as he saw down to take off his shoes.

Geet went to the cupboard and pulled out some black track pants and his signature black undershirt. As she did so, Pinky's words rang in her ears again. She could almost hear Pinky telling her to go and talk to Maan.

"How was your day?" Geet asked nonchalantly.

"My day…the usual…busy…" Maan said simply, not elaborating at all.

Geet looked around the room and noticed something that she hadn't picked up on when she walked in – there was no bouquet of roses anywhere to be seen. Once again, the afternoon came rushing back to her.

Somehow, she'd kept hope that the flowers had been for her and she was just being overly emotional about everything. There was no way her husband – her Maan – was going to cheat on her with another woman. However, not seeing the flowers just made it all a reality again. Her hopes shattered instantly and her heart ached. All she wanted to do now was crawl in to a hole to cry her heart out.

Then, like a mob of ladies who were attacking a shoe sale, Geet heard the voices of Meera, Sasha and Pinky – all yelling at her to talk to Maan before jumping to conclusions.

Geet took a deep breathe, it was now or never. She gathered all the courage that she could muster.

"Actually…" Geet began, "I wanted to talk to you about…"

"Can we talk after I shower?" Maan asked.

Geet looked at him confused and totally caught off guard.

"It's just been a very long and stressful day, I have got to wash it off," he said.

Geet blinked a few times and brought her head back to reality.

"Sure…of course," she said.

She watched as Maan looked around the bed for something.

"Towel?" he asked.

"Bathroom," Geet said.

Maan smiled, picked up his track pants and shirt and headed off to the bathroom. As he passed Geet, he stopped for a second and placed a kiss on her forehead. Then he disappeared into the bathroom.

--------------------

Geet became fidgety while she waited – she just couldn't sit still. So, she did the next best thing she could think of, she began fixing the room. She changed out of her dress and into something more comfortable. She put Maan's clothes in the hamper making a mental note to get the laundry done tomorrow. She cleaned up her vanity which lay messy with the make-up she'd used earlier in the day. She was just putting her face powder away when she heard a phone ringing. She looked over and saw that both her phone and Maan's phone, which lay on the bedside table, were silent. The ringing however continued. Geet followed the sound to the table on Maan's side of the bed. She opened the drawer from where the sound came and saw a black phone lying on top of some letters. Since it took Geet some time to get to the phone, it had stopped ringing.

Pulling out the phone, Geet looked at it confused. She'd never seen this phone before. Maan was like a kid in a candy store when it came time to get a new phone. Not only did he insist on dragging Geet to the store while he picked one out, but he also insisted on showing her all the "cool" things the phone could do. So what was Maan doing with a new phone? Even more important, why was it in his drawer.

Suddenly the phone rang up again and a name flashed on the screen.

Pari Shergill.

Geet looked at the screen, horrified, as the name continued to flash. Against her better judgment, she answered.

"Hello…" she said softly, trying to find her voice.

"Hello?" the voice called.

It was a soft, sweet voice.

Geet was stunned into silence so the voice on the other end spoke again.

"Maan?" she said.

Geet's eyes filled with tears at hearing another woman call Maan by his name. Sure, other women have called Maan by his name, but for some reason this was different, Geet could tell.

"Hello? Maan honey, you there?" she called again.

'Honey', did this Pari person just call Maan 'honey'?

No matter how hard she tried, not one sound came out of her mouth.

"Geet?" she heard Maan call from behind.

Geet turned to face him, the phone still attached to her ear. She knew every doubt she held was true when she saw the look of horror and panic on Maan's face.

"What are you doing Geet?" he asked as he took the phone from her hand.

Geet watched as Maan threw the towel on the bed and ran a hand through his still wet hair.

"Hello…hello?" he said into the phone.

The woman must have hung up because when he got no response, Maan hung up as well.

Geet watched as he stared at the phone in his hands for a few seconds before he looked up at her.

"Please, don't answer my phone calls," Maan said.

Geet stood momentarily shocked.

"Who is Pari Shergill?" she asked, completely ignoring what he'd said.  

Maan was quiet.

"I'm asking you something Maan," Geet said. "Who is Pari Shergill?"

"She's an…an associate," he said, unable to look her in the eye.

"Really?" Geet asked.

"Yes…really," Maan said without missing a beat.

Geet crossed her arms across her chest, as the phone rang again.

"If she's just an associate, why can't I answer the calls?" Geet asked.

He looked down at the flashing name on the screen.

"Just don't answer my calls," Maan said.

He turned his back to her as he answered the call.

"Hello…" he said.

There was a second of silence.

"Yeah…it's me," he said. "Sorry about before. You called…"

Geet stared at him as if she were a deer caught in head lights.

He then stalked off and out the door. Although is voice was fading as he headed to the terrace to take this call, Geet could still hear him.

"That…that was…nobody. That was nobody. So…how did you like the surprise today?" Maan asked as his voice died out.

The tears began to flow freely down her face.

Nobody – she was nobody. Pari Shergill was his associate, but Geet, Geet Khurana was nobody.

She felt her heart shatter, she felt her dreams shatter, she felt her hopes shatter, she felt her life shatter – above all else, she felt her love shatter.

The man she had loved for all her life, the man she had married, the man she had created a child with, was now with another woman. She man she'd shared her hopes with, the man she'd dreamt about, the man she'd give herself to, was now with…another woman.

Geet felt her knees become weak. She grabbed onto the wardrobe next to her to steady herself. She tried to pull herself together, she couldn't let anyone see her like this. But try as she might, there was no stopping the tears that poured from her eyes.

A small cry broke on the baby monitor and ended the silence that filled her room.

"Rohan…" Geet muttered under her breath.

Her baby needed her.

She stumbled as she walked towards the door that connected the nursery and her bedroom. Geet tried to blink away the tears but couldn't – her vision only became more cloudy. Geet had to literally use her hands to feel her way across the room like a blind woman.

Immediately after entering the room she went to the crib and lifted her crying son into her arms.

"Shh…its ok baby, Mamma's here," she said softly as she held him.

Soon he quieted down and was sleeping once again.

Geet took him to the rocking chair and rocked with him while she hummed. The tears had stopped because at that moment, nothing was more important than her baby – nothing.

Behind her, she heard the door to the nursery open. Even with out looking back, she knew it was Maan. She kept perfectly still except for the rocking of the chair. He had stood silently for a few seconds before closing the door and leaving.

As soon as she heard the click of the latch, the tears started again.

Geet held Rohan close to her heart as her eyes spilled the pain that she felt in her heart.

"Its ok baby," Geet said as she continued to rock. "Mamma's here."

She knew the baby was sleeping but she couldn't stop herself.

"Mamma's here," she repeated. "Mamma's here."

JAZ
ps: what you think about maan now ladies? 😉 as much as i love my life...i love torturing you guys and throwing in twists you never saw coming...😈
Edited by jnawaz - 13 years ago
Meee back!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!! wat the heck man.... u know his poor woman wants to talk with her husband and all he wants to do is waste water and take a shower!!! hell.... dwp will charge u money for that!!! and dude.. u never.... and i mean never tell ur wife dont answer ur phone......

i mean if the man wants to die... then hey go for it... but if ur married..... u never say that!!! thats one of the rules in marriage!!!!..... Pari... uff i hate her already and i dont even know who she is!!!😡😡 honey??!! oh hell no!!! u never call Maan honey!!! back off hoe bag!!!!! ugh!!! we wont let u come near him!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

poor geet!! i feel for the woman!!!!

plz cont soon!!!!!😳

luv u babeji!😳
Edited by *Guli* - 13 years ago

Sorry Jaz..mein sab FFs mein res res karke bhaag jaati hoon😆

He is actually with someone else?😲😲😲 yeh kaise ho sakta hai? yeh nahi ho sakta hai?
Bechari Geet...uska dil toot gaya hayyyyye🥺
And it seems like he doesn't even care
Jaldi se update karna😳
tc🤗
Edited by Suvi7884 - 13 years ago
hey ,what's upto  maan is doing . not able to understand .so much of suspense .why maan is behaving .is he really involved with pari  or do he wanted give some surprise to geet say a new mansion for them .and both pari and maan r working on this project . cannot think more than this . waiting for next update. Edited by anuvenuch - 13 years ago
i dont know what to say...
😭 😔 😒 🤔 😕 😭
scared to know what u have next stored for us...
My advice to Geet: Walk out with the baby, destroy all his physical belongings (setting fire to the house sounds like a good idea) and take Maan to the cleaners during the divorce settlement! Guilty or not- I dont really care now...but calling her a nobody-in my book deserves all of the above and maybe more!

Or if she is upto stealth- then to copy a plot from Lady's coupe- feed Maan- feed him so much and such unhealthy food that he becomes fat-obese! and then walk out😆

Err...ok I am (a bit) vengeful! <shocking self discovery!>

Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
oh god............i dont know wat to say but i still feel that maan can never cheat geet..............will wait for next few updates