Mythological Masti

Diaries of Characters (From RS Mythoes) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged

FROM MAHARANI SUMITRA'S DIARY ON THE NAMING CEREMONY DAY

When I got the share of that holy 'kheer' from didi Kousalya & Kaikeyi, I knew well that I will be the mother of twins. I also guessed that my children will be the part of their elders, today Gurudev has confirmed that my guess was absolutely true!

Today the whole Ayodhya was decorated like heaven, all people danced with joy, celebrating the naming ceremony of their four princes! It seemed that even the Gods came from heaven to observe this ceremony. We, the three mothers are really blessed!

Gurudev came to our palace to perform the ceremony. He named our children & told their futures in brief. His each word made the king very pleased, I noticed it happily. Why not? Who is blessed today more than king Dasharath? Who is such a proud father of such four jewels?

Didi Kousalya's son is the eldest among the four boys. Gurudev gave him the name 'Ram'. The name is too short in length, but it seems that the short name will cover the whole universe! It was so holy, so pure, that I started to feel him as a little God just hearing to this name! Gurudev told that he will be the infinite source of pleasure for the world, 'Akhil Vishwa ko aanand dene wale sukhdhaam'.

Then Kaikeyi's son was named. Gurudev told that he will carry the responsibility of world; he will be the embodiment of sacrifice & Dharma. Being the protector of the world, he will be known as 'Bharat'.   

Finally, he named my twins, the elder got the name 'Lakshman' & the younger is 'Shatrughna'. Gurudev told that Lakshman has come with all the auspicious signs, all 'lakshana', so we will call him 'Lakshman'.

And the youngest will be the fear of the enemies, he will be the destroyer of 'shatru' & he will be known as 'Shatrughna'.

I was very pleased to hear those words! What a proud mother I am! It seems that my sons are blessings of God for me, & they came to glorify me as their mother! Oh my Lord! I really have no word to express my feelings today!

But the last words of Gurudev made me alert about my duty as a mother. He told, these four brothers will teach the whole universe what is meant by pure brotherly love. & among them, the bond between Ram-Lakshman & between Bharat-Shatrughna will be such strongest that we will see a single heart in two different bodies, 'ek praan, dou shareer'! I felt really honored because my sons are the most fortunate. They will breath for their elders, will live under their holy shelter & will serve them, 'Apne bade bhai ki chhaya ban kar unki seva karenge'.

When I uttered those words, it reminded me my duty. I am the mother of two princes, who has born to serve their elders lovingly & selflessly. But being princes, how can they bear with this struggle of life unless I teach them such a lesson? Being soft like flowers, how can they tolerate the thorns of life unless I prepare them for that tough way? I know, a servant has to perform the most difficult work in this universe, 'Sansaar me sevak ka dharm sabse kathin hota hai'. And my sons are only the 'sevak'. They may have to walk on fire in order to make the way of flowers for their brothers! They may have to sacrifice all their beloved belongings in order to protect their brothers! So it's my duty to prepare them for the future, because we don't know what is going to happen tomorrow! My Lord! Give me the strength to make my children as you wish! If any misfortune arises in future, my sons will not be worried to face that day. They will welcome their own duty, it's my promise, and it's a mother's promise!    

Edited by Urmila11 - 04 April 2011 at 6:00am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaBhavanabShivangBuchlola610cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Diaries of Characters (From RS Mythoes) (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Friends, will anyone not write about the Naam karan scene, on this auspicious occation of Ram Navami?
Should I give the next scene? or do you want to give the next? please let me know!

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Sooo sorry for the delay, Sema dear... please do no change the prompt yet as I really wish to post my entry soon as I have some inspiration to write it... hopefully when my semester ends in 2 weeks I will have something ready!! Yours, btw, was one of the most beautiful pieces of writing I've ever read Day Dreaming Will try to edit this post with a more detailed comment but I can't promise that it will be coherent because I'm that in love with it... you captured Mata Sumitra's selflessness so perfectly, particularly in the last paragraph the way you have elaborated on "sevak ka dharm" dialogue... wah ClapClapClapClapClap The way you ended it with her prayer, it is soooooooo touching... that is the ideal type of prayer, if we must ask for something we should follow this example and ask for God's help in changing ourselves so that we can cope with the circumstances rather than asking him to change the circumstances themselves. Love it Heart

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuchcityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

pakhara

IF-Rockerz

pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Wow! Great entry Seema! Just love it so much! You are definitely a scholar and a great writer! You should really think about becoming an author yaar! Just loved your voice and style in this! You captured all of Mata Sumitra's emotions throughout the whole thing so beautifully! Really really enjoyed reading this!

I will be visiting this thread more often now! Can't really participate as I haven't watched that much of the old mythos(SK a bit) and my writing style really sucks, but will read all of your all's entries. I know I will love them all! Y'all are so talented!

Wonderful thread!
Keep it up!

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 22 April 2011 at 11:16am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchUrmila11lola610Vishakha_Sakhi

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Sema!! Hug  Hug Amazing diary entry dear!! I loved it to bits!! Heart Like Lola said, you captured Sumitra Ma's selflessness and her sense of duty perfectly! I love your style of writing and the thoughts you express are so profound! Clap Clap Clap Thank you! Remember I had said that this is going to be a blissful journey for all of us? Well reading your entry was exactly that...blissful! Day Dreaming

Please don't change the prompt as yet...will definitely try to finish up my entry and post it asap! Embarrassed Slowly but surely we'll get there! LOL

Edited by Vedo - 24 April 2011 at 8:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchUrmila11lola610

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
@ Lola, Thanks dear for liking my entry EmbarrassedBig smile Really glad to see you here after a long time Hug & yes, can't wait for your entry, I know you will make this thread very successful!

@ Aishu, Thanks for liking my post dear, really means a lot! I'm happy to see you here hun! & don't worry about your writing skills, we are friends na! take it jaust for fun, & enjoy the feelings of mytho characters! we will wait for your entries too Smile
If you are not a regular viewer of RS shows, then it's not a problem yaar! We will always try to post the link from Youtube of the scenes which will be given, you can watch it before writing Big smile

@ Vedo, Thanks for liking my post hun, so sweet of you sister Hug
& I can remember, you chose Maa Kaikeyi's POV  to write Wink. can't wait to see your entry!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Hey friends! Do make this thread active again, otherwise it will be automatically locked soon Cry We should not miss this chance of writing Mytho character's biographies, should we? 

Edited by Urmila11 - 22 June 2011 at 10:38pm

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 06 July 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
First time attempting to write something on Mytho characters Smile, here is the Naamkaran Ceremony as experienced by Baby Bharat.

Our Naamkaran Ceremony was one of most joyful day in Ayodhya, as I remember. Trying to naarate about the day here as heard from my elders and my dear ones who used to serve us that time, who are like very close friends to me. I have heard all these details from them. 

Since a week before the Naamkaran Ceremony, all were busy in the palace to prepare for the great event. Our Mothers were also very joyful, as they knew that now they will have a 'name' to address us along with all the 'Loving/ doting' names they were using for us...

On the auspicious day, our Kulguru Vashishtha came on the right time in the morning and instructed about the preparations still left there. Then our Father, Maharaj Dasharath was asked to sit down to start the rituals. After some time, Gurudev Vashishth requested to bring all of us by our Mothers to the 'yagnashala'. Then we all arrived, wrapped in the silky clothes, in the laps of our Mothers. Gurudev started to calculate the tithi of our birth and the related results. After completing that, he started the Proper Naamkaran Ceremony, with the Lord our elder Brother. He sad, 'this baby will bring Joy to all' and named him Ram!  Mother Kaikeyi was sooo Happy hearing the name that she immediately repeated the name, as if she found her Bliss from that very name!

After that Gurudev focused his attention on me and gave me the name of Bharat. He also said that the focus of my life will be Dharma, which I try to follow in every moment of my life with the support and blessings of my beloved Brother and My Lord- Shri Ram. My whole life is an offering to His Lotus feet as He is the very Embodiment of Dharma.

Then he named the elder son of Mata Sumitra as Lakshman, as he had many auspicious signs in him.

And at last our dear and youngest brother was named Shatrughna, as he would be annihilating the enemies, will be a terror to them, so his other name would be Ripusudan, such a Significant name, given by the Gurudev!!

He also informed our parents that the bond between Our Lord Shri Ram and Lakshman will be very special. And in the same way, my bond with Dear Brother Shatrughna will also be very a unique one!

Thus ended the day with great pomp and glory, all of us were tired at night as we were seeing so many new, unfamiliar faces around us, but our parents were Contented from inside. This day too filled them with delight in the same way as all the single moment spent in the company of our Eldest- Shri Ram! Guru Vashishtha was also feeling Blissful after participating in such a pious ceremony! The whole Ayodhya city was filled with joy in the honour of this Ceremony! It was the Love of the common people as well as all the persons around us, which made the occasion very special to all of us!

Jai Shri Ram!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11lola610cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top