Diaries of Characters (From RS Mythoes) - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Sema, lovely topic. Will try to participate and write a diary entry. 😳
OMG Dau!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maza aa gaya! Brought peace to the mind, literally. REServed 🤗 mera bhi taiyyaar hai kabse, saved it on a flashdrive that I'll try to find right now and post as soon as I do... I was waiting because I figured pehle Bhagwan ki entry ho jaaye, phir bhakt ki... hint hint 😉
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
Bhakt ki nahi mitra. Mitra ki. Ek mitra ke vichar vyakt ho gaye. Ab dusara mitra karega. 😉😊 Mai to keval itna janta hun ki mai ek sadharan maanav hun aur Maharaj Dashrath ka putra hun aur mera naam Ram hai😊. Hamari ankhe dekhne ke liye aatur rahengi.🤗

Actually I was having the original intention to write Sugreev's entry. Meri wo ichchha thi. Par phir public demand se ye koshish karni padi.😆 It took many days to just start and just to make up mind for that.😃

And I guess yours is Vibhishan. If yours is Hanumanji, to mujhe mitra shabd ko change karke Lakshman aur Bharat ke saman hi priya BANDHU aisa karna padega.😊

Just made a couple of additions in the last paragraph of mine and also a sentence just above the Sanskrit verse.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Vibhishan's diary entry just after he is accepted by Shri Ram

Jai Shri Ram.

Even the freedom to utter or pen down those three words – those three heart-warming, soul-stirring, liberating words – without the threat of admonition or persecution is truly a blessing. What, then, can I say about the other benedictions this day has bestowed on me? I am aware that words are acutely incapable of capturing what all I have gained today; the limits of language cannot convey the emotions that have filled every fiber of my being since what was verily the greatest moment of my existence – in this lifetime, or any prior one.

Still, I will try, for the joy is far too overpowering for me to simply contain within myself, and far too uplifting for me to selfishly hold onto without sharing of it with whoever may read this in the future. Text after sacred text has foreshadowed the tragic state of the coming yugas, particularly Kaliyug.  Who knows how many Vibhishans will find themselves trapped in evil, ignorant company as the gentle tongue between sharp teeth, buckling under peer pressure  and abide by the toxic philosophy of "if you can't beat them, join them".  It pains me to imagine how they will prioritize loyalty towards transient ties of blood and country and the term religion in the manmade sense, which change from birth to birth, over the higher calling of the conscience and that Eternal Consciousness of which it is an instrument. 

Thus here I am, to bear witness to virtues of doing otherwise.  And what did I even do, actually?  Simply stood by what I felt was right rather than bowing before the pressures of the moment, and Shri Ram himself did the rest. I barely took one step towards Him, and He Himself came the rest of the way. I left my motherland in the morning, thinking I had lost everything. I gave my mother Kaikasi, my wife Sarma and our sweet children what I thought would be one last embrace, headed towards an uncertain fate at the hands of a mighty army who would view me as nothing but a spy from the enemy camp. While the great Hanumanji had assured me of the Lord's unconditional mercy, I had to experience it to actually believe it, and surely His other associates would not be so trusting.

So yes, I left Lanka feeling like an outcaste, a pauper, and even a fool for thinking there might be a chance that I would someday find a place where I would belong . I was merely content that I practiced my principles rather than simply preaching about "neeti" in that pitiful so-called court, where only sweet-tongued puppets were allowed to speak.  Content, but not happy and secure, and most of all, I felt painfully alone.  I was glad to be heading in the right direction, but unsure of whether I would actually reach the destination (not merely his encampment, but His Lotus feet).

But from the very first glimpse of that Nayan-anand, all these doubts vanished just as morning mist does in the light of the rising sun.  From the moment I saw His face, my eyes could not be made to look away. It was not because I was awestruck by some 'viraat' otherworldly form, but because He was just the opposite!  Brahmaji had told me that the Lord of the three worlds would be taking this incarnation, but nothing about Him suggested that He was "THE MAN ABOVE".  He looked, quite simply, like one of us!  So gentle, so serene, so benevolent, so welcoming, so humble!  He sat on the same grass platform as his associates, not a finger's width higher.  He wore the simple attire of a forest dweller and not a trace of wealth or superiority or difference… for instance, my brother wears his tilak to proclaim to the world that he is a devotee of Lord Shiv Shankar, but sure doesn't behave accordingly. Shri Ram bears no such ritualistic symbol, and yet he radiates with those virtues attributed to pure Shaivas more intensely than I've ever seen in my life.

I guess that is what this form of Shri Hari is all about; He is taking on the role of an equal and at times even a devotee of his own devotees. Tribhuvan ka swami bhakton ka das hai!  I went to take refuge at His feet; instead He embraced me, sat me at the same level as Himself, and admired me for the strength I showed by holding onto my beliefs a in city of sin…  strength that He Himself kept on giving me!  He promised this exiled outcaste an opportunity to not only return to my homeland with full respect, but in fact serve as its leader and restore its place as a just and virtuous kingdom.  Most importantly, He made me one of His own.  From having to sever my ties with everyone I considered my own and thinking myself to be alone, I now have somewhere I belong… and someone to whom I belong.  He knows that His divine army has the strength to bring evil to justice without any help from me; not only that but He Himself is sufficient to do so, even without any army.  But still, He included me, gave me a way to constantly see and serve Him and make my life worthwhile.  Ek akinchan pe bada upkaar kiya; nij pad seva ka avsar mohe diya!  Now I haven't a fear on concern in the world – He has me all taken care of.

For those of you whose hands this diary might find itself in the future, THAT is what can result from resisting the pressures of sinful company in a world full of dangerous temptations.  All you have to do is stay away from evil, and God Himself will take you by the hand and lead you towards good.  And on the side of good, there are no fears, no insecurities, no worries, and no loneliness.  You, too, will be all taken care of.  With that, I sign off on this entry. Until next time,

Jai Shri Ram!

Originally posted by ShivangBuch

Bhakt ki nahi mitra. Mitra ki. Ek mitra ke vichar vyakt ho gaye. Ab dusara mitra karega. 😉😊 Mai to keval itna janta hun ki mai ek sadharan maanav hun aur Maharaj Dashrath ka putra hun aur mera naam Ram hai😊. Hamari ankhe dekhne ke liye aatur rahengi.🤗
Hamne jisse 'nayan-anand' kaha, unki aankhein hamaare kaaran aatur? Aascharya 😲😆 🤗
Actually I was having the original intention to write Sugreev's entry. Meri wo ichchha thi. Par phir public demand se ye koshish karni padi.😆 It took many days to just start and jut to make up mind for that.😃 And I guess yours is Vibhishan. If yours is Hanumanji, to mujhe mitra shabd ko change karke Lakshman aur Bharat ke saman hi priya BANDHU aisa karna padega.😊
Aap se to kuch bhi nahin chhupta 😆 Soon as I saw the challenge when Sema posted it, I was certain that I was going to write as Hanumanji...  probably for the same reason you were choosing Sugreev, to be hatke 😆 Par phir likhte likhte Vibhishan ki entry ban gayi. It just came at one go - over a thousand words within 15-20 minutes.
Just  made a couple of additions in the last paragraph of mine and also a sentence just above the Sanskrit verse.
Dekh liya... s.o.l.i.d. 👏👏👏👏👏 My favorite part, though, is right in the beginning where you captured Shri Ram's compassion for Vibhishan's pitiful situation, trapped among kusangis... without literally quoting the "daanton ke beech jivha" line (and being unoriginal, like I was 😆), that paragraph has the same impact. You may say that it would have sounded more natural in Hindi, but I see no difference - it's perfectly fluid, and natural, and in the right "voice". Especially when He sighs with relief after such a successful day of milaap and does this >> 😎 LOVE IT 🤗
Originally posted by lola610

Hamne jisse 'nayan-anand' kaha, unki aankhein hamaare kaaran aatur? Aascharya 😲😆 🤗
Tumhare umda vichar aur prem ko dekhne ke liye ham utsuk the. Ab kya karen. Hamara mitra apne vichaar likh kar pragat karta hai to ye aankhon ko hi aatur hona padega na. Hamara aanand dena hi to us prem par nirbhar hai. Wahi to hamara srot hai.🤗❤️

Aap se to kuch bhi nahin chhupta 😆 Soon as I saw the challenge when Sema posted it, I was certain that I was going to write as Hanumanji...  probably for the same reason you were choosing Sugreev, to be hatke 😆 Par phir likhte likhte Vibhishan ki entry ban gayi. It just came at one go - over a thousand words within 15-20 minutes.
And it was so rich and deep in feelings that I took 15-20 minutes in reading every para as after reading every line I was lost in thoughts walking around.😍 Each and every para particularly 2nd and last 2. And how well you portrayed your state of mind while leaving Lanka. And that reference of texts about Kaliyug, the word 'Peer pressure' used, religion in man made sense, The Man above, 'I am now somewhere I belong', Akinchan par upkaar (exactly what I added later - Bhakt parayan nij bhakton ko sara shreya dilate hain), no insecurity, no loneliness. Superb.👏

Dekh liya... s.o.l.i.d. 👏 My favorite part, though, is right in the beginning where you captured Shri Ram's compassion for Vibhishan's pitiful situation, trapped among kusangis... without literally quoting the "daanton ke beech jivha" line (and being unoriginal, like I was 😆), that paragraph has the same impact. 
Lol. Edge of sword is not much different jargon from daanto ke bich jihva.😆 So don't worry. We belong to the same category still.

You may say that it would have sounded more natural in Hindi, but I see no difference - it's perfectly fluid, and natural, and in the right "voice". Especially when He sighs with relief after such a successful day of milaap and does this >> 😎 LOVE IT 🤗
Yes. Enjoyed really. But that took the entire afternoon. Not fluent in the sense that I wrote fanfics in Hindi in single sitting in RSji ishtyle whereas here to compile the thoughts properly, I had to take many breaks in between to rest the mind and then again reset it into the topic and in the flow of earlier points already written. The eventual quality for the readers might not have been affected by language but time consumed was far more than 15-20 minutes.😆
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Originally posted by lola610

Vibhishan's diary entry just after he is accepted by Shri Ram

Jai Shri Ram.

Even the freedom to utter or pen down those three words ' those three heart-warming, soul-stirring, liberating words ' without the threat of admonition or persecution is truly a blessing. What, then, can I say about the other benedictions this day has bestowed on me? I am aware that words are acutely incapable of capturing what all I have gained today; the limits of language cannot convey the emotions that have filled every fiber of my being since what was verily the greatest moment of my existence ' in this lifetime, or any prior one.

Still, I will try, for the joy is far too overpowering for me to simply contain within myself, and far too uplifting for me to selfishly hold onto without sharing of it with whoever may read this in the future. Text after sacred text has foreshadowed the tragic state of the coming yugas, particularly Kaliyug.  Who knows how many Vibhishans will find themselves trapped in evil, ignorant company as the gentle tongue between sharp teeth, buckling under peer pressure  and abide by the toxic philosophy of "if you can't beat them, join them".  It pains me to imagine how they will prioritize loyalty towards transient ties of blood and country and the term religion in the manmade sense, which change from birth to birth, over the higher calling of the conscience and that Eternal Consciousness of which it is an instrument. 

Thus here I am, to bear witness to virtues of doing otherwise.  And what did I even do, actually?  Simply stood by what I felt was right rather than bowing before the pressures of the moment, and Shri Ram himself did the rest. I barely took one step towards Him, and He Himself came the rest of the way. I left my motherland in the morning, thinking I had lost everything. I gave my mother Kaikasi, my wife Sarma and our sweet children what I thought would be one last embrace, headed towards an uncertain fate at the hands of a mighty army who would view me as nothing but a spy from the enemy camp. While the great Hanumanji had assured me of the Lord's unconditional mercy, I had to experience it to actually believe it, and surely His other associates would not be so trusting.

So yes, I left Lanka feeling like an outcaste, a pauper, and even a fool for thinking there might be a chance that I would someday find a place where I would belong . I was merely content that I practiced my principles rather than simply preaching about "neeti" in that pitiful so-called court, where only sweet-tongued puppets were allowed to speak.  Content, but not happy and secure, and most of all, I felt painfully alone.  I was glad to be heading in the right direction, but unsure of whether I would actually reach the destination (not merely his encampment, but His Lotus feet).

But from the very first glimpse of that Nayan-anand, all these doubts vanished just as morning mist does in the light of the rising sun.  From the moment I saw His face, my eyes could not be made to look away. It was not because I was awestruck by some 'viraat' otherworldly form, but because He was just the opposite!  Brahmaji had told me that the Lord of the three worlds would be taking this incarnation, but nothing about Him suggested that He was "THE MAN ABOVE".  He looked, quite simply, like one of us!  So gentle, so serene, so benevolent, so welcoming, so humble!  He sat on the same grass platform as his associates, not a finger's width higher.  He wore the simple attire of a forest dweller and not a trace of wealth or superiority or difference' for instance, my brother wears his tilak to proclaim to the world that he is a devotee of Lord Shiv Shankar, but sure doesn't behave accordingly. Shri Ram bears no such ritualistic symbol, and yet he radiates with those virtues attributed to pure Shaivas more intensely than I've ever seen in my life.

I guess that is what this form of Shri Hari is all about; He is taking on the role of an equal and at times even a devotee of his own devotees. Tribhuvan ka swami bhakton ka das hai!  I went to take refuge at His feet; instead He embraced me, sat me at the same level as Himself, and admired me for the strength I showed by holding onto my beliefs a in city of sin'  strength that He Himself kept on giving me!  He promised this exiled outcaste an opportunity to not only return to my homeland with full respect, but in fact serve as its leader and restore its place as a just and virtuous kingdom.  Most importantly, He made me one of His own.  From having to sever my ties with everyone I considered my own and thinking myself to be alone, I now have somewhere I belong' and someone to whom I belong.  He knows that His divine army has the strength to bring evil to justice without any help from me; not only that but He Himself is sufficient to do so, even without any army.  But still, He included me, gave me a way to constantly see and serve Him and make my life worthwhile.  Ek akinchan pe bada upkaar kiya; nij pad seva ka avsar mohe diya!  Now I haven't a fear on concern in the world ' He has me all taken care of.

For those of you whose hands this diary might find itself in the future, THAT is what can result from resisting the pressures of sinful company in a world full of dangerous temptations.  All you have to do is stay away from evil, and God Himself will take you by the hand and lead you towards good.  And on the side of good, there are no fears, no insecurities, no worries, and no loneliness.  You, too, will be all taken care of.  With that, I sign off on this entry. Until next time,

Jai Shri Ram!

I am reading these entries for the first time. Since your entry is the recent I quoted it. Please share some more..all are beautifully written.
Sema dear, I have a request. :)

I'm having some trouble writing a fanfic for this topic, lol, because it's a very devotional type and I feel weird writing about the thoughts of God...would it be possible to make the next topic more light and family-type, like maybe a scene between the Raghukul brothers while they are at Mithila, or something like that. I can write something that involves family and joking around.😆
^^ Sure Lalitha di, I also love Raghukul family scenes 😃 I will definitely keep it in mind. 😊 
Shivang  & Lola- Very beautifully written. Lovely.👏 Will read the previous entries too. Edited by varaali - 12 years ago