Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Sooo sorry for the delay, Sema dear... please do no change the prompt yet as I really wish to post my entry soon as I have some inspiration to write it... hopefully when my semester ends in 2 weeks I will have something ready!! Yours, btw, was one of the most beautiful pieces of writing I've ever read 😍 Will try to edit this post with a more detailed comment but I can't promise that it will be coherent because I'm that in love with it... you captured Mata Sumitra's selflessness so perfectly, particularly in the last paragraph the way you have elaborated on "sevak ka dharm" dialogue... wah πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ The way you ended it with her prayer, it is soooooooo touching... that is the ideal type of prayer, if we must ask for something we should follow this example and ask for God's help in changing ourselves so that we can cope with the circumstances rather than asking him to change the circumstances themselves. Love it β€οΈ
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! Great entry Seema! Just love it so much! You are definitely a scholar and a great writer! You should really think about becoming an author yaar! Just loved your voice and style in this! You captured all of Mata Sumitra's emotions throughout the whole thing so beautifully! Really really enjoyed reading this!

I will be visiting this thread more often now! Can't really participate as I haven't watched that much of the old mythos(SK a bit) and my writing style really sucks, but will read all of your all's entries. I know I will love them all! Y'all are so talented!

Wonderful thread!
Keep it up!
Edited by AishuJSKfan - 13 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Sema!! πŸ€—  πŸ€— Amazing diary entry dear!! I loved it to bits!! β€οΈ Like Lola said, you captured Sumitra Ma's selflessness and her sense of duty perfectly! I love your style of writing and the thoughts you express are so profound! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Thank you! Remember I had said that this is going to be a blissful journey for all of us? Well reading your entry was exactly that...blissful! πŸ˜

Please don't change the prompt as yet...will definitely try to finish up my entry and post it asap! πŸ˜³ Slowly but surely we'll get there! πŸ˜†
Edited by Vedo - 13 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ Lola, Thanks dear for liking my entry πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ Really glad to see you here after a long time πŸ€— & yes, can't wait for your entry, I know you will make this thread very successful!

@ Aishu, Thanks for liking my post dear, really means a lot! I'm happy to see you here hun! & don't worry about your writing skills, we are friends na! take it jaust for fun, & enjoy the feelings of mytho characters! we will wait for your entries too 😊
If you are not a regular viewer of RS shows, then it's not a problem yaar! We will always try to post the link from Youtube of the scenes which will be given, you can watch it before writing πŸ˜ƒ

@ Vedo, Thanks for liking my post hun, so sweet of you sister πŸ€—
& I can remember, you chose Maa Kaikeyi's POV  to write πŸ˜‰. can't wait to see your entry!

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey friends! Do make this thread active again, otherwise it will be automatically locked soon πŸ˜­ We should not miss this chance of writing Mytho character's biographies, should we?  Edited by Urmila11 - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First time attempting to write something on Mytho characters 😊, here is the Naamkaran Ceremony as experienced by Baby Bharat.

Our Naamkaran Ceremony was one of most joyful day in Ayodhya, as I remember. Trying to naarate about the day here as heard from my elders and my dear ones who used to serve us that time, who are like very close friends to me. I have heard all these details from them. 

Since a week before the Naamkaran Ceremony, all were busy in the palace to prepare for the great event. Our Mothers were also very joyful, as they knew that now they will have a 'name' to address us along with all the 'Loving/ doting' names they were using for us...

On the auspicious day, our Kulguru Vashishtha came on the right time in the morning and instructed about the preparations still left there. Then our Father, Maharaj Dasharath was asked to sit down to start the rituals. After some time, Gurudev Vashishth requested to bring all of us by our Mothers to the 'yagnashala'. Then we all arrived, wrapped in the silky clothes, in the laps of our Mothers. Gurudev started to calculate the tithi of our birth and the related results. After completing that, he started the Proper Naamkaran Ceremony, with the Lord – our elder Brother. He sad, 'this baby will bring Joy to all' and named him Ram!  Mother Kaikeyi was sooo Happy hearing the name that she immediately repeated the name, as if she found her Bliss from that very name!

After that Gurudev focused his attention on me and gave me the name of Bharat. He also said that the focus of my life will be Dharma, which I try to follow in every moment of my life with the support and blessings of my beloved Brother and My Lord- Shri Ram. My whole life is an offering to His Lotus feet as He is the very Embodiment of Dharma.

Then he named the elder son of Mata Sumitra as Lakshman, as he had many auspicious signs in him.

And at last our dear and youngest brother was named Shatrughna, as he would be annihilating the enemies, will be a terror to them, so his other name would be Ripusudan, such a Significant name, given by the Gurudev!!

He also informed our parents that the bond between Our Lord Shri Ram and Lakshman will be very special. And in the same way, my bond with Dear Brother Shatrughna will also be very a unique one!

Thus ended the day with great pomp and glory, all of us were tired at night as we were seeing so many new, unfamiliar faces around us, but our parents were Contented from inside. This day too filled them with delight in the same way as all the single moment spent in the company of our Eldest- Shri Ram! Guru Vashishtha was also feeling Blissful after participating in such a pious ceremony! The whole Ayodhya city was filled with joy in the honour of this Ceremony! It was the Love of the common people as well as all the persons around us, which made the occasion very special to all of us!

Jai Shri Ram!

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^^ arre baap re this was a pleasant surprise, Debi di 😲😍 Will comment further when I get home again... for now, time for...

Lakshmi Maa's diary: April 20th, 6500 B.C.E.

The best play in the universe is going on right now... and lucky me, I've got the best seat in the house!  No wonder they call me the Goddess of good fortune πŸ˜Ž That 'play' is my Pati's - a.k.a. the Jagat Pati's - earthly leela, which at the moment has just begun its blissful baby stage, and my seat up here in Vaikunth is giving me the perfect view of everyone's reaction. Of course, it would be even more perfect if I was right there with him in a human form too πŸ€” but that day will come at the right time. We've had this conversation many times before, like every single time our devotees undergo difficulties and I wonder when good times will come upon them again... He always tells me that it will happen at the right time and we've gotta be strong and patient as we look over them so the devotees themselves can be strong and patient... so until it's time for our sweet reunion, guess it's time to practice what we preach!

Until then, I really can't complain - because like I said, I have the best view of my Naathji's naming ceremony, from where I can see the delight on the faces of so many great devotees all at once! Look there, Kulguru Vashisht is preparing the saamagri for the ceremony and beaming with excitement at his good fortune. And awww, there's Pitaji! That smile of coupled with those tears of joy... so much love those tears... it's making me also cry! 😍 Why aren't there any tissues in Vaikunth!

Oh gosh, ab toh I have to control myself - it was just announced, the Maharanis are coming in! And you know who's coming with them?! Yesss!!!!! There she comes there she comes there she comes... Mata Kaushalya, Mata Kaikeyi, and Mata Sumitra with Naathji times four in their arms! Matlab I'll also have to come down times four... sounds like fun, na? There I go thinking of the future again β˜ΊοΈ Back to the present... the matajis are glowing with pure motherly affection on their faces... that indescribably warm and loving gaze with which they are looking at Him in His captivating infant form... wow 😍 Naathji tells me that I pretty much always have that same gaze on my face as I watch all of our children live and learn on this earth, but somehow it still looks so new and special each time I see it reflect on earthly mothers that I can only watch in awe ❀️

Onto Naathji... wait, who?! 😲😍🀣 It's so ironic that I'm still calling Him that, look at the form He's taken! He looks just like a normal adorable human baby... or, actually 'babies', since there are four of Him. He's got just two arms instead of the usual four, and he looks so tiny and delicate... and that mouth in which the whole universe resides, He's using it to suck His thumb? Is it... is that even Him? Kya leela hai Naath, in your maya even your Mahamaya has been entangled. I haven't been this bewildered by your leelas since Mohini avtaar, that was a real riot πŸ€£ But you know what? I don't even mind. Every form you take, every leela you enact gives me such bliss that whether I'm watching it or taking part in it alongside you, I am perfectly content. Jaise tu rakhe, vaise rahungi. Today you're being named Ram, tomorrow they'll call you Shyam... today you're being called a symbol of Dharm, tomorrow you'll redefine it... today itself, you've come in the forms of both swami and sevaks. Each and every one of these illusions of duality you put out there, I admit I'll probably fall for them and consider you a separate individual in each and every one of them. But all of them, I will love beyond limits, that much I promise you. I already do, hence my diary also has turned into a letter for you. So until we meet again...

In love and longing,
Lakshmi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry for not exactly following the assignment Sema, maaf karna yaar... kya likhne gayi aur likkha kya gaya... there's hardly any mention of  the actual naming ceremony πŸ˜† I will try to do a better job on the next one ☺️
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
The following entries are written by all our creative dear devotee friends of this forum πŸ˜Š written for the well known Janmashtami contest "Govind aala re" πŸ˜Š Since this thread was created for writing diaries on different events of RS shows, so I thought to post them here. Now I am posting only the Lord Vishnu diaries by different percipient as I'm a bit busy with my schedule now a days πŸ˜³ will post the character diaries as soon as I can πŸ˜Š I will try to reserve some posts for this purpose & then you friends can start your discussions here about the entries as this thread is like a second FanFic Junction & our main FF Junction is locked just now πŸ˜­ But you feel free to express your ANY thought & comment regarding the entries here too πŸ˜Š
I am going to start with Vishnu entry of Deepika di first πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š Dear friends, I have a request to you, PLEASE CHECK ONCE whether your usernames are put under your creations perfectly 😳 If you find any mistake, please forgive me for that unwilling fault & let me know the correct information 😳
Edited by Urmila11 - 12 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Lord Vishnu writes before Janmashtami
(by
Dpka1415 )

|| OM ||

Another day ended on the Dharti Lok and I, while resting on my die hard devotee - the Divine Sheshnaag, noticed Devi Lakshmi very tensed and sad. Before i could ask her the reason for her saddness and tension, Indra Dev along with his chief Devtas and Brahma ji with Narad came to Vaikunth,

They all too had the sad worry and saddness on their faces.On asking them the reason for their visit they pleaded to me to save the Dharti Lok as I have bear the responsibility of preserving the entire universe. They emphasised on the day by day increasing level of brutalitiy, cruelity and jealously of some of the Rulers on the Dharti Lok and also about the sufferings of the innocent people who are the victims of such rulers.
YES !! Am talking about rulers like Kans of Mathura and Jarasandh of Maghad. Their ill deeds are crossing all the limits day by day.

All the Dev gann seeked help from me! And why not !!

Whenever there happens any damage to Dharma, any moral disaster and sins... I INCARNATE !!
Whenever my devotees are in need... I hear them... !!

YADA YADA HI DHARMASYA.. GLANIR BHAVATI BHARATA..
ABHYUTHAANAM ADHARMSYA...TADAATMAANAM SRIJAAMYAHAM..
PARITRANAAYE SAADHUNAAM..VINAASHAYA CH DUSHKRITAAM..

During the time of the formation of the Universe, it was I who took the MATSYA roop to rescue the essentials required for nurturing the Dharti Lok.
To rescue Devi Dharti from the demon Hrinyaaksha...it was I who incarnated as VARAH.
During the churning of the divine ocean, it was I who took the KURMA avatar and placed Meru parvat on my back, to help the Devtas in their task of achieving the Divine Nectar.
To teach that God is everywhere...in each direction...and in every minute molecule of this Universe, and to end the chapter of the greedy and brutal demon-king Hrinyakashyap, it was Me only ... who went on Dhati lok as NARSIMHA.
Batuk VAMAN, who covered the entire universe in just three steps was also my avtar.
Then in the Treta Yug,in the form of Bhargav Parshuram, I only made the Dharti lok warrior less 21 times. And the last I went tto Dharti lok was in the form of RAM, along with Devi Lakshmi as Sita and Sheshnaag as Lakshman. In the Ram avatar, I tried to set standards to lead a life of an ideal human being- an ideal son, an ideal husband, an ideal brother, an ideal student, an ideal father, an ideal friend and an ideal king.I focussed on how to follow Dharm while living in ones limitations(Maryada).
Now, when I see the situation of the Dharti Lok and the people there, my heart aches with a lot of pain. The people are killing the standards, I along with my beloved cosort Lakshmi and Sheshnaag had established in the Ram avatar period.

Now its time for me to rescue my devotees and the Dharti Lok once again.

After the Dev gann left, I talked to Devi Lakshmi and found her too being shattered with the condition of people on Dharti. Though she's the Maha-Maya herself, but being a lady , her heart cried out at the condition of her thousands of children who are suffering.
She also pleaded for their rescue.

Now i think its time for me to incarnate for the 8th time. I have now decided to go to Dharti lok with all my powers (16 Kalaas). this avatar will be known as KRISHNA Avtar. I will take birth ass the eighted son of Devi Devaki and Kumar Vasudev of Mathura's Yadav Dynasty.
This avatar will be different from my previous seven avatars. Infact not different rather it will have all the qualities i had individually in my previous seven incarnations.
Like the MATSYA, Krishna will give the much essential Guide of Leading Life - Bhagvat Geeta to the people of Dharti Lok. Like VARAHA guarded the dignity and restored the respect of Devi Dharti, Krishna will also guard the dignity of the female society. like KURMA helped the Devas in their task, Krishna will also help the Pandavas to re-establish Dharma. like NARSIMHA emerged from no where to help his devotee, Krishna will also protect his fellow Gopas from several demons. like VAMANA tore the curtains of self-pride of Raja Bali, Krishna will also teach the lessons to many devtas and humans. Like PARSHURAM took the revenge of the wrong deeds to him and his family by Sahastrabaahu,Krishna will also take revenge for the ill-deeds from the cruels,brutals and cheaters. Like RAM led the ideal human life, Krishna will also re-establish the standards for the people of Dharti Lok.

The chief feature of Krishna Avatar will be TRICKING THE CROOKED & CUNNING IS NEVER CONSIDERED IMPIOUS.

Here I am ... all set to incarnate !
To meet the ones ... who have waited for just one glimpse of mine since several thousand years...To grant Mukti to them ... who are leading the pittyful life because of their karmas...To, once again, end the negativity from the Dharti Lok... To re-establish the DHARMA !!

here I am... all set to INCARNATE !!

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Lord Vishnu Diary
Thoughts by Shri Hari before the appearance of Shri Krishna on Earth
(by Debipriya)

The Creation! It is such a mystery! The way it is created and the way it is maintained and nurtured by utmost care! Seeing Myself in all the living and non living things make me Happy and Contented. I want the creation to flourish, to spread goodness and virtues all around, but sometime that does not happen, as I find some of the beings become forgetful about the 'essence of existence', forget about the 'Truth' and dwell in personal world, which in turn disturbs the balance of the Creation. Then I have to take a step to eliminate that 'being' from the Creation, to bring back the creation in its right track. This was done many times in the past, now again the time has come for me to take part in the happenings of the particular place called Earth. Innocent beings are being hurt by the strong, which itself is adharma! This Creation can only survive in the peaceful atmosphere of Dharma, as it gives everyone a chance for Uplifting the Self and finally to Merge in Me. So, my chief aim has always been to 'protect Dharma' and to 'protect the beings who LIVE in Dharma'. As it is those persons only who carry forward my 'True Nature' in them and bring Welfare to the whole society.

I feel sad when I look at the beings who are in a wrong path, who takes wrong decisions inspired by 'personal motives'. It really pains me a lot when a being falls in a difficult situation due to its own 'ignorance'. I feel Compassion for them and try my best to make them 'Aware' of the Truth, to make them realize the mistake and retrace their steps in the right track. But after repeated opportunity, when they fail to make it, then only I go and save them by ending their lives. Only this is the way they can be stopped from doing any more mistakes, which would have led them to more and more misery acc to the 'theory of Karma'. My aim is to destroy only the 'vices' from a soul and make it a 'Pure' one, so that it can go back to its 'original' form.

This time as I will incarnate myself on Earth, my name will be Krishna. I will be the 'All-attractive One'! Knowledge, Devotion and Salvation- I will give all these three to my devotees. In this Dwapar yug, people have become much more complex, often they are leaving the path of Dharma'. To bring back these people in the path of Dharma, I need to possess all the 16 gunas in me, so that all the beings will get attracted to the 'Purity of the character', which will reflect the 'real essence' of mankind in it. I need to show them the 'height' a man can reach, the 'True Potential' of a human being, I need to teach them how to lead a life with 'Completeness'. 'Enjoying each moment, yet staying away from it'! Yes, Renunciation is the very core of our existence! I will be considered 'Yogeshwar' by them! The person, who will Enjoy all the pleasures of life to the fullest, yet will remain Aloof from it!  This is the 'skill' I want to teach the mankind. Without this, no one can lead a peaceful life.
During my last incarnation- when I appeared as Shri Ram in Treta Yug, the situation was different! People were still very 'Pure' from their heart, emotions were genuine. But now in Dwapar Yug, the situation has deteriorated; 'Aaryavarta' is in a very complicated state right now.  People have become corrupt, 'adarma' has become stronger. To eradicate it, I will have to be very 'tactful' while handling the different persons having different 'natures' (prakriti').  I need to Influence the people to follow me, to Surrender to me, otherwise they won't be able to bear the difficulties (or challenges) of life. For that, I need to appear in a 'Really Powerful Self' in front of them. I need to perform Miracles so that they can have Faith in me, which will eventually bring Devotion in them. This way they will be attracted to the 'Ideologies' of this incarnation, which will be narrated in the form of 'Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta'. My deeds and philosophies will guide them to lead a 'Righteous and Contented life'. Doing our own work without expecting anything in return is the only way for 'True Happiness', I will tell them about it through my life that ' 'Nishkaama karm ki maarg par chalte hue jeevan vyateet karna sambhav hai'.
Each and every being has different image of Me in their mind and they worship that image with sincerity, with the way their heart guides them. I will Respond to each image, be it a lover, a husband, a friend, or a baby. I will confer the feeling of Bliss to ALL whoever worship me in any form. Thus they will feel Elevated and gradually Surrender themselves to me, that is, to 'Dharma', beacuse I AM DHARMA ' Without Dharma, nothing can sustain. Like all my previous avataars, this time also, it will be the 're-establishement of Dharma', which will be my chief aim. After that the creation will be Peaceful again, it will shine with all its glory, which will make me happy by 'perceiving' My image in all the creatures'