Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Testing time for Dia Mirza?

ansari Groupbie
ansari
ansari

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Testing time for Dia Mirza?

Mumbai: It's not an easy task --- to sit on the other side of the fence but actor-turned-film-maker Dia Mirza says that she doesn't mind the challenge as long as she gets to satisfy her creative urges.

"As an actor, you always get to satisfy the creative urge in you but as a film-maker you get to satisfy a different kind of longing. Actors have to bring a character to life but as a film-maker you are telling a story. It's a different kind of a satisfaction to see your story come to life," says Mirza.

The actor says that as a film-maker, the joy of starting out on her own is making her overlook the problems that come with being a producer.

"My first production is a romantic comedy and we have an ensemble star cast. It is an entertaining look at how today's relationships are as fragile or as strong as you interpret it to be. Itis realistic, yet it is entertaining. I am happy with the way my first film has shaped up," says Mirza who doesn't want to give out too much at once.

But ask her as to why she didn't rope in some big names from the industry for her debut production and she shoots back, "It is not important as to which actor is part of the star cast. I think what really matters is who is playing what part and if that actor is doing justice to the role."

Brushing aside the importance of having a star in a film, Mirza says that she believes that the script is the true champion.

"Above all I guess it is the story that I am going to narrate that matters. I think we are doing well in these departments," says Mirza.

But yes, the actor also says that she is about to take her home production to bigger scales and doesn't discount signing on bigger names in the future.

But tell her that top names in the industry today come with their own share of tantrums ' and one of their biggest demand is that they want a share of the profit pie and Mirza says that she has no qualms with that at all.

"What's wrong with that? I don't find anything wrong with the fact that actors are asking for a share of profits. If someone asks me for a piece of the pie, it only means that he or she has some faith in my product. According to me it is a great strategy. I am ready to share my profits if I get a good actor onboard," says Mirza.

So, when will we see her acting in her own production, considering that most actors star in their own movies? "Well I guess that will happen soon. I will be making a sleek action movie next," informs Dia before signing off.

Edited by ansari - 22 February 2011 at 3:11pm

Salyanka IF-Stunnerz
Salyanka
Salyanka

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
her teeth r so scary
Omnipotence IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Salyanka

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top