Maryada

India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

Random Musings: February 22, 2011 (Page 2)

lonelyshadow IF-Sizzlerz
lonelyshadow
lonelyshadow

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
thanks jaya for the clear explanations Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BheegiBasantianshra

MsNaz Newbie
MsNaz
MsNaz

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

Jaya just read your comments on Amna's post... wanted to say that I think the part's we seen today of Rishab where their to show how they met as its from Utra's prespective and how she felt at that time.... We can't say Rishab was never abusive towards her as all that is seen is happiness which we could see even when he was abusing her in the earlier episodes. Maybe they have left bits out for us to draw our own conclusions as to what and why he became abusive as I feel what was shown wasn't a true representation..... What was obvious was the C.V's wanted us to make the link between the accident and him becoming abusive.... Utra backs this up... 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-miahave-a-dreamFeefilonelyshadowBheegiBasantianshra

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Naz...true. The story they have weaved about Rishabh has centered on the accident all along. I have hoped and assumed it would be more than that because of my own desire to see a true domestic violence story line.

MsNaznbostedBingeFeefilonelyshadowanshra

MsNaz Newbie
MsNaz
MsNaz

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Jaya.... I Think the reason they never showed a true domestic violence storyline was becuase it was easier to make a link between the accident and the violence as it was hinted all the way through the scenes between Rishab and Utra...Maybe if they did take the track you suggested it would have not been able to make the link for viewers as this is something they would not have expected judging by the earlier scenes....  

nbostedBingeFeefilonelyshadowBheegiBasantianshra

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Naz...agreed...this is much more simpler a story for viewers to relate to and understand. Still...I would have loved to see a domestic violence track...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedhave-a-dreamFeefilonelyshadowanshra

damon_biteme Goldie
damon_biteme
damon_biteme

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Todays episode for me was a okay
Carrying on with devyani and uttra's convo from yesterday they showed rishab and uttara's romance in FB and it was breeze of fresh air after seeing all the abuse and insults they have shown in their relation. I liked the fact that the cvs stuck to the character of Rishab who lived life to the fullest till things were hunky dory and turned into a real looser when life was difficult. The cvs have left us with a feeling of symapthy for Rishab. So he was not a monster by character but unfortunate circumstances turned him into one

Priya doing the dutiful DIL by asking her MIL to freshen up was quite predictable. But then Vidya could have suggested it too I don't know what the cvs are planning to show. They have shown Vidya as simple girl who is slightly lost in the Jhakar household but she is not stupid she could have easily suggested the same to dev.   Towards the end Vidya feeling incompetent infront of Priya just made me think r the cv's trying to show how her relation with her husband has started to affect her day today life.  She quite easily transfered the comaprison between her and Priya's relationship with their respective husbands to their day today life. I just hope Imili doesn't get a wind of this as she can just fuel Vidya's insecurities and make matters worst

I like the way the cvs show that most of the characters have grey shades. From last two episode they have shown that the sasur pig will go to any extent to protect his family. I like the fact that during crisis the father son duo(ssp and gauarv) keep aside their differences and act as a team. The cvs need to move Gauarv's and Vidya's story but I guess that is the next track.

I hate Dev at the same time like her. On ones side she will put a facade in front of everybody and project that everything is hunky dory at the same time i have felt that she genuinly feels her sister's pain and her DIL's pain. It will be gud to see Dev fight the contradictions within herself  and break  free from the shackles of her Maryada.

Imili doing an Aristotle was different from her usually irritating character. Loved the sweet telephone convo between the love birds. The newlyweds clearly want to be together and spend some quality time but the circumstances around them.

Overll an  okay episode

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedFeefilonelyshadowBheegiBasantianshra

Insom-mia Newbie
Insom-mia
Insom-mia

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Finally, we're on track and I've caught up.
I agree with most of what's been said:
Brammanand's  "good side" - father/head of household is being shown well.  This makes him a much stronger character with major flaws.   I liked his protectiveness toward Uttara and his civil conversations with Gaurav.
Amazing acting by all.
Rishab/Uttara's back story - I didn't find that interesting since nothing new was featured.  It was a really good contrast to the other flashbacks of the fight being shown - the brightness versus the dullness and so on.  It had been said before that all had be great in their lives until the accident.  We don't know what was going on in their day to day lives.  Frequently abusers do well when things are going their way but then when things start going wrong they need someone to take out their frustrations.  Many women have experienced the highs when life is good and lows when things start going "wrong"
4.  I am also with you guys - so tired of the Vidya/Gaurav story not moving at all.  Her heart breaking with each interaction with him.   Gaurav is very likeable in his interactions with everyone else except Vidya.
And come on, I know Vidya is supposed to be niave/village girl, but really???  She sees an earring fall out of her husband's pocket and then a woman calls saying why haven't you called me,  and Vidya wonders who the woman might be or why she was calling so late???   COME ON!'

Can't wait to see what happens with Rishab - will he live and be paralyzed ("nus phut ghae" I assume was doctor talk for spinal cord injury?)  or will he die and Uttara goes on trial ?

Edited by Insom-mia - 22 February 2011 at 5:59pm

have-a-dreamBingeFeefilonelyshadowBheegiBasantianshra

lonelyshadow IF-Sizzlerz
lonelyshadow
lonelyshadow

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Insom-mia

4.  I am also with you guys - so tired of the Vidya/Gaurav story not moving at all.  And come on, I know Vidya is supposed to be niave/village girl, but really???  She sees an earring fall out of her husband's pocket and then a woman calls saying why haven't you called me,  and Vidya wonders who the woman might be???   COME ON!

It is common sense, and the track is like stuck up, gaurav has a girl friend, they both are intensely in love, FINE!
But why are CV's showing Vidya so dumb???

Insom-mianbostedhave-a-dreamFeefiBheegiBasantianshra

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maryada Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index