Random Musings: February 22, 2011

lonelyshadow thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Welcome to the Random Musings thread! πŸ€—

Please jump in with  your views on the 
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems,Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1:

Page 2:

Some simple rules: 

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that! πŸ˜ƒ
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views πŸ˜ƒ 
5. Have fun πŸ˜†

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Jaya
-Tuesday: Amna
-Wednesday: Sam
-Thursday: Naina
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open the thread on any of the days, let us know πŸ€—]
Edited by amnaM - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lonelyshadow thumbnail
"I LOVE YOU" "I LOVE YOU TOO"

Today's episode was absolutely fantastic once again. Some question's that were in my mind cleared up so quickly(never really thought they'll show the whole story so soon). I really like uttara-rishab story it was a very sweet one, and they showed in small chunks which was indeed very good, they didn't waste two three episodes in just a past story like other shows.πŸ‘ Uttara looks nice in shalwar-kammez. The accident of rishab sounded horrible, but still i can't drive a connection of the accident of rishab with his change of behavior with uttara, i guess he is among those people who love money and with money their relationships also change(am i right guys?).
Devyani consoling uttara at her level best was very nicely expressed by indraniπŸ‘ Love uttara's acting when she was worried and clueless about what will she reply to her daughter. Kamya is the best actress in the tellyworld so far.πŸ‘
Imli doing or saying the right thing for the very first time in the show. I guess this will bring some sense into priya about what she was gonna do earlier, and she shouldn't be telling him without proof, as no one including adi would believe.
The little phone conversation between our love birds was really cute, love the way they both were concerned about everyone. Priya has gained a position in her IN-LAWS very soon. She is being supportive to devyani and uttara. Her character is so nice.
Vidya wants to go with gaurav, i wish he took her with him, how rude can that guy be, and how come he land at the same moment when vidya is trying or getting some clue, and what is in that locker, DEAR CV'S please move this track ahead. It's so boring nowadays. Can't see both of them stuck like this forever. After this rishab track please give us a maha episode on which the secret of gaurav is revealed not only to us but to vidya too, because it's more then enough now, we can't see this boring track of them anymore.
The song sequence that played today had the best acting scenes by all four.πŸ‘ Vidya-devyani crying there hearts out,(was devyani crying for uttara or for her situation?? or both??) Uttara's flashbacks frightens her and she wakes up saying that "manne maara" where priya is all confused and devyani ends up with another fake storyπŸ˜• but i don't think priya is pretty much satisfied by what she said. Back at the breakfast table, sweety is praising priya which is not digested by vidya. Then the little explanation of devyani to uttara about the women blaming everything on herself was not acceptable for me, and i guess priya too. Again vidya can't digest the goodness of priya. It isn't her fault that she did not become a good daughter-in-law, all creadit goes to gaurav for that, he never loves her and the poor girl is deprived of love, and can't think beyond that.
Precap was interesting, and really can't wait for tomorrow, i feel so bad for uttara.😭 But it will be treat to watch her fab acting.
Overall today's episode was a 4/5 for me, a little problem with devyani's speech every time, and sick of gaurav-vidya story😑

P.s: sorry for writing such a long post today.

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hola folks!

Amna...thanks for opening chica.

Today was a bit of a filler episode to build up momentum for the next couple drama-filled ones.

Episode started with Uttara continuing to recall Rishabh's and her love story. The whole Devyani - Uttara conversation that started yesterday is now one of my favorite Maryaada scenes. So real...so poignant. At the same moment, Imli too is relating Uttara's story to Vidya & Priya. I enjoy Imli in these sort of scenes. Gives her character more depth. Enjoyment aside, is the accident supposed to be the only reason for Rishabh becoming the abusive monster? πŸ˜• If so...he is not the true-blue "abusive" personality I thought he was. He is just a weak and self-centered man who was unable to to cope with the being a failure and mis-directed that on to his spouse. The alcohol and lack of control made him physically abusive. πŸ€” And here I was spinning dreams of a battered woman syndrome storyline!

Back at the hospital, Brahma wants to bring Taara back and Gaurav offers to go get her from the boarding school. Although short, I loved this sequence. Its one of the few that had the Jhaakar men have a normal conversation with each other. Much as I love to hate SasurPig, he has redeemable sides to his personality and the past few episodes have showcased that. Priya too calls Aditya for an update on Rishabh's status...a very normal and sweet conversation between the couple.

As Priya forcibly relieves Devyani and watches over Uttara overnight, Gaurav returns home to prepare for his trip. While Priya hears Uttara mumble she killed Rishabh, Vidya sees the locker key unattended but is caught removing it by Gaurav. Devyani interrupts and sends Priya away before she asks too many questions while Gaurav angrily takes his locker keys from Vidya. When will this track move ahead? 😳 I am tired of these repetitive scenes between Gaurav and Vidya. πŸ˜’.

The morning finds everybody except Uttara at breakfast together. While Devyani manages to make excuces to Priya about what she heard Uttara say, Sweety praises Priya's taking care of Uttara  to Vidya. Poor Vidya...πŸ˜†...now she also feels like a bad "bahu".

Overall: Good episode. Its ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (3.5) from me for today.

Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Again missed episode due to work!!😳
Read all u r view's n they are great.. πŸ˜ƒ
So rishab's may be shown dead soon :( hmm...where is this story heading n why such a BIG twist ..is still my question
πŸ€”..unexpected..well that's what maryada is ..isn't it?😊
Will try to catch today's repeat tom n comment till then reserved :)
Sri:-)

have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amna,jaya lovd reading ur centsπŸ‘πŸΌ
-D epi cntinues wid yestrday's uttara going in flash backs and memorising her cherisd days wid rishab..nice sceneπŸ‘πŸΌ n as usual fab act by both leads.⭐️
-i realy b'came angry by watchng tat gaurav-vidya's 'chaabi' wala scene again,god uptil vn dis thng gonna happen 😑,bt sudenly d music came up it bloomd ma ears,wt an emotional scene of all ladies fab act by all..⭐️
-vidya feels dat priya has so easly b'came sch a nice daugtr in law of d family n on vidya's part she c**t evn became jst bahu of d family,OMG i wish no such plot of jealusy n all cm up wid vidya regarding priya,vaise to it wnt happen coz vidya s realy sweet.
Overall nice epi,awesum act by all charactrs esp uttara n devyani..i wud giv⭐️ 4/5 points.
        Edited by angel011 - 13 years ago
MsNaz thumbnail

Amna well done for opening Random Musings today, brill review of today's episode..... Jaya enjoyed reading yours too as always 😊

So totally agree about this being a gap filler episode... the parts were Rishab's accident happens was intresting.....I don't doubt that he loved her I guess after the accident he met a lot of hostility and lost what he once had the only thing Rishab had left was his medals and Utra....I guess he vented his fustration on her and in someways blamed her for what was clearly wrong with him.....I said earlier that I hoped he never died this way I would have loved to see Utra walk away from him but the same time the cycle of abuse she was in this wouldn't have been realistic and the only escape would have to be divorce or death....They brought the issue of the daughter in today's episode again brill timing as Utra will have to go through this period of guilt of not only killing her husband but also depriving their daughter of her father I am sure Kamya will not dissapoint us with this. Most touching scene was the four women of Maryada crying/thinking about their own situations....SOOOO bored of the Vidya Gurav track.... Vidya finally decides to take action Gurav comes stop it gives her a nasty look she stays quite and cries dejavu or what???? Lol....lets move it on CV'S.....
Priya isn't the type to sit around and wait we see her move into action and get Dev to have some rest later on Vidya is feeling slightly envious towards the closeness of Dev and Priya....Poor Vidya I guess she is feeling totally inadequete and also sad about her loveless marriage and blaming her self for not being a good daughter in law......
Tomorrow's episode looks great..... 4/5 for me too for today....⭐️⭐️
Edited by MsNaz - 13 years ago
lonelyshadow thumbnail
jayaπŸ€—
About rishab being like this over an accident is strange for me too.
And i'm so over with this ghisse pitte storyline of vidya-gaurav.

Love reading your take..!!!

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amna...cool take chica! 😊. Some thoughts...

Originally posted by: amnaM

The accident of rishab sounded horrible, but still i can't drive a connection of the accident of rishab with his change of behavior with uttara, i guess he is among those people who love money and with money their relationships also change(am i right guys?).

The issue here is understanding the kind of character Rishabh was sketched to be. For a hard core abusive personality, the accident is not a good enough root cause...it would have to run much more deeper than that. But if the accident is the only explanation provided for his behavior, then he is not a traditional physically abusive person and the notion of abuse cycles etc. would not apply. I can buy the alternative explanation here as fundamentally weak persons like Rishabh who thrive on being famous and/or powerful typically also have a hard time dealing with the lack of it.

Priya has gained a position in her IN-LAWS very soon. She is being supportive to devyani and uttara.

For me...Priya's ability to easily fit in to the nurturing role in the Jhaakar household has to do with her own family and how she was the "mother" there.
Vidya on the other hand strikes me as somebody who has always been taken care of...much more reticent.

Then the little explanation of devyani to uttara about the women blaming everything on herself was not acceptable for me, and i guess priya too. Again vidya can't digest the goodness of priya. It isn't her fault that she did not become a good daughter-in-law, all creadit goes to gaurav for that, he never loves her and the poor girl is deprived of love, and can't think beyond that.

Devyani's explanation works for me and I think Priya bought it too for now. Being naturally observant, she will notice more oddities as the story progresses and then connect the dots back to what she overheard Uttara say. Coming to Vidya...I felt sorry for her character today. On the one hand Imli has made comments previously pushing her to establish herself firmly as the "Badi bahu" while on the other her own natural personality makes her stay in the background.
lonelyshadow thumbnail
thanks jaya for the clear explanations πŸ€—

MsNaz thumbnail

Jaya just read your comments on Amna's post... wanted to say that I think the part's we seen today of Rishab where their to show how they met as its from Utra's prespective and how she felt at that time.... We can't say Rishab was never abusive towards her as all that is seen is happiness which we could see even when he was abusing her in the earlier episodes. Maybe they have left bits out for us to draw our own conclusions as to what and why he became abusive as I feel what was shown wasn't a true representation..... What was obvious was the C.V's wanted us to make the link between the accident and him becoming abusive.... Utra backs this up...