India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Salman Yana (Page 2)

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
I don't even know why they have face-offs if they are just going to judge based on celeb's overall performance in the whole show. After what i watched today, i've learnt face-off are there in JDJ just to kill time, nothing else. Yana has the flexibility & all, but ankita CLEARLY had more DANCE in her performance. Regardless somebody is a fan or a hater, it's not possible somebody's going to deny that ankita wasn't graceful today. She didn't leave out a SINGLE move!

I would've undoubtedly supported yana as i see her in top 2 , but based on face-off yana should've been eliminated. What she did in face-off today looks good in the actual performances, but in face-off it's a HUGE RISK to do stuff like lifts & using stage space & all. I am surprised remo didn't point that out. What more annoyed me is that atleast ONE of the judges could've voted for ankita...her face-off performance was the BEST one so far in this whole show!

The judgement & results on JDJ are really beyond my mind. I am just glad ankita left this "non-dance" dance show with such a graceful performance.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrystefanandre..Sonii..sensodynebonnefillepigbelly4myfeetNisha_90turqoisedressAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _-sHoNaa-_

I don't even know why they have face-offs if they are just going to judge based on celeb's overall performance in the whole show. After what i watched today, i've learnt face-off are there in JDJ just to kill time, nothing else. Yana has the flexibility & all, but ankita CLEARLY had more DANCE in her performance. Regardless somebody is a fan or a hater, it's not possible somebody's going to deny that ankita wasn't graceful today. She didn't leave out a SINGLE move!

I would've undoubtedly supported yana as i see her in top 2 , but based on face-off yana should've been eliminated. What she did in face-off today looks good in the actual performances, but in face-off it's a HUGE RISK to do stuff like lifts & using stage space & all. I am surprised remo didn't point that out. What more annoyed me is that atleast ONE of the judges could've voted for ankita...her face-off performance was the BEST one so far in this whole show!

The judgement & results on JDJ are really beyond my mind. I am just glad ankita left this "non-dance" dance show with such a graceful performance.

I agree.....Ankita ROCKED that face-off and was seriously superbly point on!.....It was CLEARLY the better act of the two in the face-off but Yana was saved cuz of her overall performances.....I don't deny that she is a more deserving finalist than Ankita based on overall dance performances but in THIS act, Yana was a total trainwreck.....Ankita OWNED the faceoffLOL.....and everyone there could tell WHY the judges saved Yana.

And yeah I agree that atleast one judge should have voted for Ankita cuz it's seriously ridiculous how NO ONE pointed out that Ankita's was the only act in this faceoff with ACTUAL dance and that too performed so well!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

A HUGE FANstefanandre..Sonii..sensodynebonnefillepigbelly4myfeetnimrahNisha_90.shona.turqoisedress

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by _-sHoNaa-_

I agree.....Ankita ROCKED that face-off and was seriously superbly point on!.....It was CLEARLY the better act of the two in the face-off but Yana was saved cuz of her overall performances.....I don't deny that she is a more deserving finalist than Ankita based on overall dance performances but in THIS act, Yana was a total trainwreck.....Ankita OWNED the faceoffLOL.....and everyone there could tell WHY the judges saved Yana.

And yeah I agree that atleast one judge should have voted for Ankita cuz it's seriously ridiculous how NO ONE pointed out that Ankita's was the only act in this faceoff with ACTUAL dance and that too performed so well!

Ankita seriously deserved some kind of applause or once more or SOME kind of recognition for sure. That left a bitter taste. She might not be a candidate for top 2 but IMO she's a pretty underrated dancer.  Remo is the person who i thought would've been so happy to see DANCE in a face-off, but he definitely has a bias towards salman...which isn't wrong but that was still surprising for me. Malaika i wasn't expecting much, then i thought MD would vote but she just agrees to the other 2 so there was no point.

BTW i love your dp...udaan cuties<3 Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet..Sonii..sensodyneturqoisedressAreYaar

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

CuteCherrypigbelly4myfeet..Sonii..sensodyneAreYaar

Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
i loved da face off act of salyaana's last nite and wat can they do yar? they rock when it comes to lifts so u cant blame dem for dat Tongue their dance movements were clean and so ws da lifts...

ankita's face off act wsnt horrible either, it ws a good tight face off but i think salyaana had da edge over ankita/nishant

salyaana's dance act on 'oh mere kuda' ws just mind blowing Day Dreaming seriously i was quite fed up with their contemporary stuff and last nite ws a treat to watch.... well done guys Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-Anjaani_DastaanArushiBS

A HUGE FAN Goldie
A HUGE FAN
A HUGE FAN

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:23am | IP Logged
I agree. They do too much lifts & less dance, its not what this show is about!
pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Totally agree with you guys. I think Ankita is the most underrated dancer on this show. Honestly, I think she has shown SO much variety on this show. I don't think any other contestant has shown that much versatility as she has. I would give her all the points for that one. 

She was SO confident in her performance today. Thumbs Up I'd have to give Nishant this too, even though he's also not liked much as a choreographer, but I gotta say he always has a lot of dance in his choreography. He hardly ever relies on lifts/stunts. He makes Ankita dance which I would like to appreciate about him. He brings out Ankita's own individuality through his choreography. 

On the other hand, I think Salman really hasn't been able to bring out much from Yaana. Have we really seen her personality through her dancing? She hasn't gotten to do much on her own really, to give her own identity. 

But their face-off performance had to be the worst I've seen from them yet. Yaana completely screwed up in one bit...the only bit that had some floor work. And then after that it was all lifts! Confused But the worst part as Anu (nureat01) mentioned, was that it didn't really go with the music/lyrics! It was all just random!! And this is not the first time this has happened with their performances! This always bugs me about their performances. Their dancing is more showing off the lifts/acrobatics they can do rather than actual dancing to the MUSIC they choose. Confused 

I'm totally fine with the judges picking Yaana over Ankita but some encouraging words of appreciation atleast would've been nice for Ankita from the judges. It wasn't too much to ask. 

Anyways, it was a very sporting and graceful exit from Ankita's side. She def. has a lot of memories to cherish from this experience. :) 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrynimrahTiyali..Sonii..sensodyneNisha_90turqoisedress-Priya-AreYaar

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Oh thank God it wasn't just me who thought Yana-Salman's performance was not at all good! Was there anything in it besdes lifts? Ankita's actually had DANCE in it! Yes overall, Yana is a better dancer than Ankita, but today in the face-off, Ankita was miles ahead of Yana. It looked like Salman-Yana prepared the act an hour before the show aired..putting together some random lifts and steps in it to look like they're doing something. Just because they do lifts well, doesn't mean they need to do lifts in every act they do! 

CuteCherrypigbelly4myfeet..Sonii..sensodyne.shona.

Go to top