Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

7 Khoon Maaf - Priyanka's best performance or not? (Page 4)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
THis si kinda like what happened to Kareena when she attempted Chameli. While a few critics were wowed, some felt she tried, yet was unable to quite pull it off at that poitn in her career (2003)
I think if you're already attempting a central character, half the battle's won. The tricky part would be to get noticed in a relatively smaller role.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

smarie-Mmmmm-Beyond_the_Veilmysticgoryfilms

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Originally posted by smartie_pants

well tht happens in hollywood too dosent it....Avatar was the biggest grosser of the year when there were far better films (content wise) which were released....there are certain films which are MEANT to be blockbusters because they appeal to each and every section of the audience...kids, families, youth etc....films like SKM have a limited audience...kids cannot watch it..neither can families because of the adult rating...so the only possibility it has is from the youngsters, of which...many dunt like this kind of dark/ art film type movies...most ppl wanna go watch a film to chill out and have fun and de-stress from their everyday problems...and not to look at the finer nuances of filmmaking hence films like G3 and dabangg are perfect escapism while SKM would be too heavy...moreover, films like SKM dunt have a "repeat audience" either because its not a film which one can watch again and again......so given its limited audience, SKM is doing quite well...

Ouch I hate the Indian media.  There is always a conspiracy and they will call 7 Khoon Maaf a flop, while it probably will recover its costs.  Same thing happened with Guzaarish.  I know films are meant for entertainment, but I don't like movies like G3 and Dabangg getting nominated for awards!  Don't you think this is a joke and sad state of affairs in Bollywood?  It is fine that G3 and Dabangg are hits, but it doesn't mean they are good films, far from it!  I enjoy meaningful and entertaining films, but they have to make sense and be worth the money in seeing them! 

More than the media it is the people's perception... If picture is not a hit it is termed a flop... Nothing in between is used like a semi hit... average ...below average...above average...

Look at a TMK... Many just say its a flop when it is actually a semi hit...

Regarding recovering the costs any crappy movie  too these days recovers its cost when you take in the satellite rights...the music rights...etc...

I dont see any conspiracy with the media.... This is the same media which raved at a Kaminey or a Fashion...This is the same media which raved at a JA or a Dhoom...This is the same media which raved at a Guru...
So why would they bring this movie or a Guzaaarish down....

IMO... SMK was a bad product and so was Guzaarish......

Again I am not blaming PC for it....She did try... But like I said earlier it was a complex character to portray.....

Edited by -Maddy- - 21 February 2011 at 7:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara-

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
wow people are searching alot on PC LOL! Anyways we can't everyone happy, but performance she has beer appreciated by the majority of critics!

Edited by lovePC - 21 February 2011 at 7:34pm
Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

erasermysticgoryfilms

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
It was a very very hard role to pull off . Like Maddy said I really dont think Kareena or even Rani could have pulled it off. Tabu maybe going by her Maqbool performance.  VB and PC bit much more than they could chew.Apart from her acting I think VB's usual strong point the screenplay was severely lacking cohesiveness.

Edited by qwww - 21 February 2011 at 7:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eraserMeena1

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Originally posted by lovePC

wow people are searching alot on PC LOL! Anyways we can't everyone happy, but performance she has beer appreciated by the majority of critics!
You dont have to search when the reviews are pouring in. Many forums compile a a lit of reviews in the topics. It wasnt that difficult really Wink
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Originally posted by qwww

It was a hard role to pull off . Like Maddy said I really dont think Kareena or even Rani could have pulled it off. Tabu maybe going by her Maqbool performance.  VB and PC bit much more than they could chew.Apart from her acting I think VB's usual strong point the screenplay was severely lacking cohesiveness.
If makers like Vishal B can falter...gosh,what hope do the others have?
Is there any maker who's consistently good and not going downhill?
zoyah Goldie
zoyah
zoyah

Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
fashion was better 

Go to top