Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Naku's moral strength against Seema's motivations - Page 2

KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@droopy_asleep]

Great analysis Kavitha!
Seema to me has always been a selfish character. It was always about herself, her maafi, her redemption, her fate, and ultimately the quest for her happiness.
She is also under the illusion that Dutta will be happy with her....not once did she ask him how his life was and is and how much she has pushed him away.
Naku on the other hand is all about giving...thats all she has ever done, never asked for anything in return. That type of selfless love, even Dutta is not capable of, since he himself is selfish to a large extent. That is why they complete each other so beautifully, and why Seema has no chance of ever taking that place in Dutta's life.
Love to read your posts as always!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Harshita.

Yes, unfortunately, Seema has been shown as this opportunist right from the start and it is a pity that her attempt to seek redemption and forgiveness has been been clouded by her personal aspirations once again.

Had she for once, come out of her own world of delusional enchantment as to her ability to make time retract and still make hay at possibly the twilight of her profession, we would have been more positively inclined towards her desire to re-instate herself in society. Unfortunately, the closed world where she only saw selfish men using her to derive personal pleasures would have made her even more insensitive to the need to look at her perspective as a woman who needed more than just money in life to be happy. It is too late now and her inability to show any interest as to what Dutta would have done or what his life became in the years post her betrayal nullified any chances at happiness with the same Dutta forever. And there was also Time as I have hightlighted in my response to Aneesa which can be cruel for the fools.

As for Naku, we have spoken at length abount her goodness and how she completes Dutta's life as his soulmate, My only wish now is that she is shown as being more human with some female guiles as a wife should not be deified in life to the point that a husband always have to look up to her for  for a healthy marital balance.

Luv,

Kavita😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KavitaDR thumbnail
@kshreya2002]

Well written post Kavita! Brilliantly written scene...fabulous dialouges. Even Dutta's monosyllables carried so much meaning![/QUOTE]

Dear Kshreya,😊

Thank you. 😳

It was a very good episode and it was needed as I said on the thread, it was important for Dutta to establish once and for all the difference between the pursuit of happiness for selfish gains or negative motivations. This track will help him re-ascertain his priorities for Nakusha and more importantly for himself as a human being who has been given another lease of life. And may I venture here that CVs should start thinking about the next track with more positivity as opposed to all the negativity that we have lived up to now.

As to Dutta's monosyllables carrying so much meaning, do I need to add anything. The only pity was the loud BG score and the fact that he had his back turned whilst grunting his affirmation to Seema's questions. We  missed out on the expressions in his eyes (even the blind ones). Wish CVs had spent a mit more time on the details and overall execution. I read your thread "The classic LTL" which I liked and will comment on later. Yes, this episode, apart from minor executional glitches is indeed classic LTL. Pity, Seema could not come across as strongly as our Dutta. But then we are partial to him in all circumstances are we not?😆
Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Dear Kavita,

This post deserves a very thoughtout reply as it is deep and very though provoking..

will come back and share my thoughts.

Shilpi
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Kavita,
As always a very interesting & well detailed post.👍🏼
As i had mentioned in my PM,u also noticed seema's facial expresions in the last part.Somehow it didn't go well with me.
Infact few days back,i had made this post,

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1609908
at that time i had full hopes of her being positive & thought that if she helps him in danger situation then may be dutta will forgive her.

Personally i don't think dutta owes her forgiveness.Infact her reoccurance in dutta's life was just to make him understand that there is more in life then just betrayal ,anger,frustration.
The girl who cheated him & eventually set the wheels in motion for formation of duttabhao has been infact punished worst by her own fate.
But as he said to her,how much ever she tries ,she cann't turn back the time.

Now,when it comes to seema,it is always about ME,ME & MINE.
Initially when she met nakku in temple,she just wanted forgiveness.But,when she saw dutta as blind,seeing his vulnerable condition her greed increased.Now,she wants maafi plus place in dutta's life.She forgot the simple fact that if so much has happened in her life then how can she expect that for dutta the time stood still & he is still available for her.Besides,even if he is single,don't she think it is his choice whether to accept or not.The way she was trying to make him feel for her plight made be all the more irritated.
I agree,like everyone else, she to deserve to be happy & lead a peaceful life ,but she can't force her desire on someone.
Plus,redemption that she wants is finally given to her by dutta.So,its time for her to move on.
Besides if u really feel remorse for ur past deeds & want maafi then ideally there should not be any hidden agenda behind ur redemption.

As for nakku,so much has been said so many times.Time & again she has proved how selfless her character is.In today's world it is very rare possibility to find such person,so i can understand ur hesitancy when it comes to nakku.
But,now i guess time has come for nakku to demand her rights as a wife,lover,soulmate.

Let's see in coming episodes where cv's decide to place seema .That will also give us the idea as to how much we have to bear her 😆

Pooja😊

KavitaDR thumbnail
LTLFan]

I too agree that seema deserves forgiveness if she had helped dutta without selfish motives. I think despite her occupation she too can expect a second chance with him, if she had really realised her mistakes. (as she was not aware of someone else his life. Though i think she sensed that there must be someone but i guess she wanted to remain in her hopes that she can get him back). Nothing wrong in expecting, BUT when it is denied, she should take it in the right spirit, which i doubt. We will get know about her true colors today or probably later.

If he was the old dutta, he would not have given her any chance. Also his reaction would have very different, if he was not blind. Seema has been very very lucky. Poor unlucky dutta and we have to suffer this atrocity(Seema).
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the trend in LTL lately has deviated from its initial premise that all human beings have got a certain measure of good and bad to foray right onto the grounds of unadulterated goodness and pure evil. It does rob us to a degree of the fascination this show had. Commercial edicts as Evil grips better as opposed to goodness that viewers tend to discount. God knows but this may be one of the reasons that CVs may not have chosen to experiment more with Seema's character leaving the door open for her to come back and mar Tasha's existence.

As to Seema relating to Dutta's status as a man already spoken for, it may still be too early to speculate. Let's see what happens today, this week, before drawing any conclusion. It is more than likely if LTL is to last much longer than what the current storyline has in terms of scope once Tasha are reunited, that more twists will have to be added. I would, however, like CVs still showing a willingness to tie all loose ends once the great face-off between Kala and Dutta would have happened.

On a more positive note, it was great to see, finally, the magnanimous Dutta forsaking all his anger and forgiving Seema, even to the point of wishing her happiness with someone who will really love for the new human being she claims to have become. As to Seema , being lucky that she got to meet a blind Dutta, right, pity though as it would have been interesting to see Dutta's expressions which would have been delightfully portrayed by MR.

Thank you…(~Pity I don't know your real name as I would like to personalize my response)

Kavita😳

KavitaDR thumbnail
@ccolaco]

Great post Kavi

I always read your posts but to be frank I dont comment on them coz your language is very high-level for me to understand....believe me though I am a convent pass out I have never been so good with my vocubulary...but since i have come on this forum I have improved a lot with my language😆

Today I dont know again how much I have understud but I am going to make an effort...hehehehe...I am getting Seema's POV that you are trying to put across and agree with it...we all are selfish at times in life especially when it cumes to love/relationships..hope so i got u rite

If I get more on this will come back
[/QUOTE]

Dear Crystal,

Now,now, I have read your post and sometimes wish that I would be able to convey a lot in very few words, however, economies of scale when it comes to words has never been a strength for me. As to your English, being able to convey what you want to say is important and you manage to do so most of the time. And this is the beauty of the forum.

As to m trying to put Seema's point of view, I would rather you take it as an impartial perspective of a woman who looks at a fellow human being's inability to see beyond her own persona. Call it her fate or the circumstances in which she would have spent her early teenage years and later restrained by the confining world of a courtesan. Even for us, supposedly normal women or men for that matter, we all tend to get selfish when it comes to fight to keep on to what we yearn for. Some, thankfully, realise and review their perspectives whilst many others fail and fall into varying degrees of depression.

I would love to see you on my threads more often. I am not at all judgemental, it's just that English happens to be a language I love.  

Luv,

Kavita 😳

prettywoman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi Kavi

I am so sorry, but am rushed off my feet today, but thanks for the PM..your posts are very well etched out and I feel it is great injustice to your writing and indepth analysis if I comment without much thought into it.

But unfortunately I don't think I have the time today to actually respond back in great detail as it is a very interesting topic..

Just a few lines though... for me Seema is a flawed character just like Dutta, but dutta is a virtuously flawed character unlike Seema. Do I make sense in saying seema is also trying to redeem herself. Pls no brick bats.. but if you think for a moment from her view point, I do feel pity for her. She had no clue about dutta having Naku in his life and when she saw her old love, is she not human to even hope of getting back together with him for a life they had once dreamt together? I know her reasons are selfish, but she is human at the end of the day.. Most of us try to achieve things in order to see that ourselves and our families are happy.. she was also trying to achieve that one thing she is craving for today..unlike nakku who never asked or wanted for anything..but that is naku, very one dimensional and straight..i have always felt that nku on her own doesn't brighten up my screen, she needs Dutta to vring that spark.. she is daal without tadka if Dutta is not with her..he brings out the best in her..

And Mishal.. what can I say.. I have no words to describe the talent this young man has :) truly a privilege to watch and cherish the moment he comes on screen! He lights up the screen with his screen presence like no one else! One of the best moments for me was when his face changes from absolute pain to happiness when the FB's of him hurting Naku slowly change to FB's of his nice times with Naku.. hats off..

Sorry will try to come back later as feel like writing a lot more, but no time :(

KavitaDR thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mnx12

Hi Kavita,

very good post,  what we see as human characters, actions & try to analyse them, based on our knowledge & experience is actually dominated by the biggest law of  the world ,that is law of Karma, in one of my thread- perfect balance, I have mentioned about destiny's strange trend shown in LTL. Our destiny is based purely our karma's. Datta, after his accident said once ,this blindness, is the result of his bad karmas. We all know he hasn't seen a happy life, except the time he spent with dark Naku, his life of unhappiness was triggered by Seema. Naku is the remedy to heal his inner wounds. Seema got many chances to inform his family, even yesterday after talking to Datta, she could have chosen to inform his family, but she chose to leave next day with him & live in Jungle to hide, she is acting like Datta was my property, which I ignored in past, now I need him, it's kind of indirect enchroachment of the prime property. She is seeing result of her Karma's.The most important  pt of LTL is strong character detailaing of every character. Every one acts as per their characters, their actions are as per their characters , but the result is purely based on their past & current deeds.As per Seema's current deeds Datta has forgiven her, but can't accept her back in his life, because  his destiny is with Naku.If Seema's current & future deeds make her -ve in future,it will be a clear indication of her true character. Naku has to live her life based on her deeds,she has most of the time acted +ve, irrespctive of her circumstances, she has always given the toughest test of life & emerged as a winner in the end most of the time. So based on her karmas, she balances Datta's destiny, being his healer,his lover & his wife. Her desitny is to live happily with Datta, till some other track is introduced & the actual creator of their destiny-CVs, have something else in their mind.
Thank you Kavita, I have never written such a long post, even my own threads are always very short.😊
Minakshi

Thank you Minakshi,

I am happy that you took the time to read through and respond to my long post, but matters relating to the human conditions and general well-being should be dealt with lots of sensibilities and the most interesting aspect of your post is on the issue of Karma as one of the irreversible wheels that drives Man in his pursuit or rejection of a balanced life where justice, equity, values and basic human qualities that all should possess are given due respect. I wrote quite a while ago that Dutta would have to, one day, wash his sins by shedding his own blood and true enough, his own brush with death so closely to the point that he loses one of his senses would have made him aware how his own redemption would not have been complete without his personal self-realisation about life and its worth. This experience was also necessary for him to knock the high walls that he had encased himself in for years and finally let Nakusha, the one who initiated his journey of redemption or his journey back home rather, full access to the inner sanctum that he had inhabited for so many years, cut off from love and all emotions that would have impacted on his "profession" as a Don. He has now had the opportunity to re-assess his own life's worth in relation to his responsibilities vis--vis Nakusha and also let go of all the negative energy that Seema's thoughtless rejection ten years ago had provoked in him.  

As to Seema, she will never emerge from the tragic grips of her fate until she decides to let go and groping on to straw in the past would only take her further down the abyss. I love the term appropriation and use it quite a lot as it has positive and negative connotations that do fit in with different circumstances in our personal lives. Should an attempt at appropriation sound positive, try by all means but for one's own sake and sanity, one should know when to let go. Time would never have allowed her to regain what she gave away so thoughtlessly and it is only her fear and delusion of what she can see as a bleak future which has prompted her to ignore all the warning signals that Dutta gave her by openly showing her his revulsion. I just wish from a purely altruistic point of view that she comes to terms quickly with her loss but more positively rejoice that she finally was given redemption and forgiveness by the very person she wronged in the first place. Life has truly come full cycle for two individuals who were never meant for each other.

Here you go, an equally long response to your long post. Keep writing. I loved your take on Karma.

Luv,

Kavita😳

fuzzyface thumbnail
Very nice Kavita.

I am not a fan of Seema's character but I can understand her POV in some ways. She is still clinging to the past and hoping it will come back but Dutta has told her that it can never be. Dutta has also told her he has another love. I think now she does understands what was can never be and it will never be. It was her lost but Naku's gain in the sense Dutta found himself and love once again.

In many ways the fact Seema chose her path of destruction has made her realise even more what a mistake she had done everyday. The only person who did love her probably without any ulterior motive was Dutta. Her yearning these past years has taught her how valuable the love she had with Dutta, so when the opportunity presented itself (saving Dutta), she tght this was life giving her another chance at her one true love. But Seema's one true love is now no longer and she needs to come to terms with that.
We  as humans always cling to the past especially when we love someone in our life, we are constantly looking that the next person is like the person whom we have loved. It is very hard to get over 'the one', so in Seema's case when 'the one' came back, she tght here is my chance again. I won't fault her for that we all do it when had liked someone so much, we always want the person we are with to be just like them, so what is so wrong of trying to get back what you have lost?

However what Nakku has with Dutta is so unique, unexpected and pure. Naku doesn't have any expectations from Dutta and she will fight the world for him even if it means losing herself. There is no way we can compare Seema with Nakusha as they are world's apart. Naku has taken baby steps and each step has been selfless with an aim to ensure Dutta has love in his heart not only for her but himself. This is what makes Naku stand out because she had made Dutta love himself and in that love,she has made him love her too. It's a full circle.
KavitaDR thumbnail
@preety_219]

Hey Kavita,
As always a very interesting & well detailed post.👍🏼
As i had mentioned in my PM,u also noticed seema's facial expresions in the last part.Somehow it didn't go well with me.
Infact few days back,i had made this post,

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1609908
at that time i had full hopes of her being positive & thought that if she helps him in danger situation then may be dutta will forgive her.

Personally i don't think dutta owes her forgiveness.Infact her reoccurance in dutta's life was just to make him understand that there is more in life then just betrayal ,anger,frustration.
The girl who cheated him & eventually set the wheels in motion for formation of duttabhao has been infact punished worst by her own fate.
But as he said to her,how much ever she tries ,she cann't turn back the time.

Now,when it comes to seema,it is always about ME,ME & MINE.
Initially when she met nakku in temple,she just wanted forgiveness.But,when she saw dutta as blind,seeing his vulnerable condition her greed increased.Now,she wants maafi plus place in dutta's life.She forgot the simple fact that if so much has happened in her life then how can she expect that for dutta the time stood still & he is still available for her.Besides,even if he is single,don't she think it is his choice whether to accept or not.The way she was trying to make him feel for her plight made be all the more irritated.
I agree,like everyone else, she to deserve to be happy & lead a peaceful life ,but she can't force her desire on someone.
Plus,redemption that she wants is finally given to her by dutta.So,its time for her to move on.
Besides if u really feel remorse for ur past deeds & want maafi then ideally there should not be any hidden agenda behind ur redemption.

As for nakku,so much has been said so many times.Time & again she has proved how selfless her character is.In today's world it is very rare possibility to find such person,so i can understand ur hesitancy when it comes to nakku.
But,now i guess time has come for nakku to demand her rights as a wife,lover,soulmate.

Let's see in coming episodes where cv's decide to place seema .That will also give us the idea as to how much we have to bear her 😆

Pooja😊

[/QUOTE]

Dear Pooja,

Thank you for the thumbs up. May I congratulate you on your BOTD that I sometimes miss because of time....sounds stunted but it is true.

To come back to your post, yes, did notice all the expressions and the undercurrents playing at the back of her mind. But you never know, this is LTL land and she may just disappear off the face of our TV like so many others since last year who had the potential of making this show a full-lown saga that would have warranted at least two years of viewing (keeping in mind all the dragfests).

Now to come back to the forgiveness issue, let me differ with your views. It is important for every human being be able to forgive and be forgiven. Let the great powers that be, God, Nature, Time decide as who should and should not be forgiven. I, personally, do not feel generous when it comes to Seema because of her attempted encroachment on Dutta per se but I do feel that she should be able to rid herself of all the negativity that she has accumulated over the ten years after rejecting Dutta. As a woman, I can only sense her disgust at being mauled, pawed by perfect strangers in her quest for an ephemeral happpiness which in her case was purlely material in the beginning. As a fellow woman, we should encourage anybody who has decided to give up on a life of "sin" and redeem.

However, she should have known that her redemption cannot, possibly, be achieved by encroaching or appropriating another person's happiness. Seema losing to Nakusha's selflessness for Dutta was never an issue. Seema had ceased being part of any equation in his life a long time ago and this the reason we love Dutta. He may be flawed, he may have anger management issues, he may not trust but he is straightforward, loyal and honest to himself and anyone he takes in his fold.

It was painful hearing Dutta humbly, almost gently, giving her a great and valuable lesson of life about the importance of time and the need for every human being to pay reverence to the positive impact of effective time management. This sounds very academic but Time has academic, moral, and enduring values that one should appreciate to be able to lead a happy life. Dutta has forgiven her and even said his gratitude for all that Seema has done for him and it would be a credit to the CVs if they were to consider giving Seema a really positive spin off LTL. For the sake of many cases of misguided women in real life, I would love seeing someone fully redeemed and happy to embrace life wih hope for a positive future. That would then allow characters like Seema earn a place in society.

As to Nakusha, she has got enough fans on the forum but the one thing that jars is that level of selflessness to the point of being "God" like. And I do not feel comfortable with that. Good and bad is what makes a responsible human being.

All said and done...let us see the "surprises" that CVs spring on us now. So back to your MG and Baby MG. Will read your thread that you have ighlighted later.

Luv,

KavitaSmile