Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Naku's moral strength against Seema's motivations

KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Human evolution favours both good and bad traits. Why is it then that we cannot accept that Seema would have earned the right to lay claim to Dutta's affection after her careful ministrations over what would, undoubtedly, constitute one of the rockiest patches in his life? Has she not been caring enough braving dangers, giving up a lucrative "occupation" to embrace a life with a measure of dignity which is for sure going to be fraught with a threatening menace in the form of Chaskar from now on? Could Seema's right or rather her wish to start life afresh with Dutta be commensurate with Nakusha's sacrifice in the sense that she has saved his life in such dramatic circumstances that she has, fully, earned the redemption and forgiveness that she set out for. Fact is that Dutta's outright statement to limit her action to a sense of gratitude that he feels is commendable, and speaks volumes for the sea change that Nakusha's love may have achieved in his life but also the fact that his total helplessness post his accident has, in actuality, completed Nakusha's contribution or rather his perception of her contribution towards his transformation from an animal to a human being in the real sense.

This is a burning topic and it is by no means an attempt to defend Seema in any way. I have been quite voluble in my thread, "Dutta's virtuous hatred V/S Seema's enchantment" as to where my sympathies lie for Dutta's ex-girlfriend not to be misunderstood here. I have been one of the staunchest believers right from the day Seema came back that she is dubious, not in the sense that she is out to do harm necessarily, but rather, that she set out on this journey seeking redemption and forgiveness with an ulterior motive which she finally admitted to Dutta today, that is to be given a place in the latter's life. There is nothing wrong in the pursuit of happiness as all human beings err and should be given a chance to reform. The only difference being that her pursuit of happiness should not have been limited to a selfish need where it is once again a question of ME, ME, ME all over again. Seema's meeting with a grievously injured and unconscious Dutta was pure FATE but it was too late for her as she had succumbed her persona to a lifestyle which has over the years pervaded her understanding of reality and her own aspirations to the point that she cannot see beyond herself. Yet, another narcissistic character we could have done without. We kept shouting on the forum ever since she was crash-landed in LTL 5 weeks back as to the reasons why CVs needed to bring her back in Dutta's life.

Today's episode gave us the answer. It was important for Dutta to establish once and for all the difference between the pursuit of happiness for selfish gains or negative motivations as shown in Seema's endeavour by the way she embraces the whole idea of becoming the impaired Dutta's saviour. We would have been more amenable and ready for some form of empathy towards her if she had taken steps to inform Dutta's family of his whereabouts straight away as she was not at that point aware of the dangers that Dutta faced and would have earned brownie points. And as soon as she was made aware of the tragic circumstances of Dutta's accident, she chose to latch on the opportunity to lay claim to a place in the latter's life. I would hate to be so uncharitable as to say that all that was mere calculations, but let it suffice that she did not come clear. She could sense Dutta's revulsion towards her; she could make out the presence of another person in Dutta's life through his phone calls and yet did not stop to think for even one second that she may be treading No-Man's land. Part of that was due to her personal delusion or delusional enchantment as I chose to term it at length in my earlier thread on Dutta and Seema. I could have felt sorry for her today, especially, when DSP tells her that he is content with forgiving her and thanking her for all that she has done for him but that determined, undefined look of pained yet resilient shock that we got to see sound ominous. She will surely turn negative at some point as she would have been scorned this time even after having gone through the pains of someone she loved once and for whom she has sacrificed a life full of luxuries and male adulation (albeit immoral) to set on her journey of redemption with Dutta.

In contrast, Nakusha's pursuit of happiness as shown through Dutta's flashbacks of the koyal and the Gori Naku all points to Dutta's vision of his wife as a model of virtue, moral strength, healing and patience, who had but one objective. That of ensuring that Dutta be happy in all circumstances to the point of negating her personality, submitting herself to mental as well as physical torture at the the hands of the saviour/friend/husband/foe that she idolised, irrespective of any circumstances. CVs would have successfully and finally compelled Dutta to realise during this track that when it came to his friend/wife/foe/moralist in his life, Nakusha, only ever had positive motivations which was his well-being and happiness above all. Seema never stood a chance and this track was needed to establish the fact that life experiences that induce positive emotions cause negative emotions (which Dutta still had up to his near fatal accident) to disappear quickly. Nakusha's strengths, love and virtues became the buffer against his misfortune and saved him from lapsing into a psychological trauma that his visual impairment would have automatically offset for a man who needs all his senses to survive in the merciless world of crime. It was his wife's positive traits that were the key to him building up enough resilience to the point that he just rebelled against his physical disability to, rigorously, start planning his rehabilitation. He made a start last Thursday by killing four men ("his ex-bodyguards") in cold blood before taking the lead in his and Seema's escape from the house in Dongarwari.

I would love to expand further on the contrast between Seema's and Nakusha's motivations but that may have to wait for another thread. I would like to conclude on the need for Dutta/Nakusha and Seema particularly to realise that in life, one should take special care with endings whatever be the circumstances, as its colours and its timings as Dutta reminds Seema today (and that is not a dig at Colors'.please as we still want them to give bucket loads of Tasha before embarking on other twists) will always tinge and impact on the memory of their relationships and any willingness to re-enter it. Dutta and Nakusha should now be shown as to being fully aware of the immeasurable second/third chances of happiness that life would have given to them once again whilst Seema will have to be shown as reflecting on why she should be content with the fact that she has finally gained what she originally set out for: redemption and forgiveness that Dutta pledged to her today. Unfortunately, I still do not trust the CVs as to the possible orientations they may have in mind for Seema in future tracks. For now we would be happy to see the Love that has been denied on screen for so long between Tasha.

And now time for the accolades....Brillant, brillant, brillant Mishal Raheja againπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. What more epithets to add to this actor's perfect timing and sensitivity for a character that he makes us pine for every hour of the day, seven days a week. It is a pity once again that Praneeta Sahu just does not measure up to his talent and deprive us of epic proportions that we would have seen in cinematic delivery on TV.

Would love to hear your comments and do press on the like button if I have not taxed your patience as usual.😊

PS: I will try my best to respond ASAP to your comments but do bear with me if I cannot get back during the day as my schedules are becoming more punitive these days. But feel free to debate on Seema as she will be rousing diverging emotions for a while yet😭 πŸ˜³

Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Mine πŸ˜›

Back!! 

Dear Kavita,

Once again a thought provoking post!  But before I write my thoughts I would like to state two points at the outset which the creatives could have done with a character like Seema....

1)  A better actress who could have brought out all the shades of the character and earned our sympathies in turn, our better understanding of a character like Seema's....here due to her non-acting skills and of course to the script some extend she has only earned our rebukes as we cannot wait for it to get over and done with Seema's presence in LTL

2)  A somewhat different situation, if Dutta was not blind, hurt and depended on Seema, under the present circumstances when he forgives Seema he is obligated to forgive her for what all she has done for him...imagine a situation somewhat like Dutta is running to save himself as he is surrounded by his enemies and Seema too maybe from some unwanted admirer and they are thrown together under this situation where they save each other....what would have been Dutta's take and how would have Seema asked for her forgiveness as I feel now she thinks she has the right to ask and get his forgiveness....instead if they had been in a neautral ground....

Now coming back to your post....yes Naku is the reason that Dutta was able to forgive Seema today but then do women like Seema have the right to be happy and see a life with husband and children....

Unfortunately LTL also traded in the non controvertial path showing Seema...or the likes of Seema cannot have a better life....but strangely we all make mistakes in our life....we fight with our parents, severe ties with our siblings, be jealous of our good friends and fall out with them, have extra-marital affairs etc etc the list can be endless but with the passage of time we realise our mistakes and then we patch up....what Seema did is also a mistake...she wanted a better life....and the path she chose was not right, now she realises this and she wants to come out....why cannot she do it....You know yesterday when they were showing Seema / Dutta dialogue I would have really loved to see something new....Seema confesses her mistake and Dutta too adds yes a woman turned me to an animal and it took another woman to make me a human again...instead Seema saying I want a place in your life....she could have said I dream of a home of my own, with my husband and loved ones......Dutta promises to her if that is what you want, let me get back to Patilwadi and find a groom for you...but you have to promise me that you will be a good wife...etc etc .....another thing I found very foolish in the tract that Seema's assumption that Dutta was sitting pretty for her...what made her think he has not got married in the meanwhile?

Yes, I must confess I wanted to see something different ---thora hatke....and yes realisation of ones mistake is a huge huge step towards ones redemption and there can be no better punishment....at the same time Dutta would also have realised yes what Seema did was not right but for her today he has got Nakusha, who is his ideal partner.... Love Tin
Edited by tintiny - 13 years ago
notsorry thumbnail
[QUOTE=KavitaDR]
Human evolution favours both good and bad traits. Why is it then that we cannot accept that Seema would have earned the right to lay claim to Dutta's affection after her careful ministrations over what would, undoubtedly, constitute one of the rockiest patches in his life? Has she not been caring enough braving dangers, giving up a lucrative "occupation" to embrace a life with a measure of dignity which is for sure going to be fraught with a threatening menace in the form of Chaskar from now on? Could Seema's right or rather her wish to start life afresh with Dutta be commensurate with Nakusha's sacrifice in the sense that she has saved his life in such dramatic circumstances that she has, fully, earned the redemption and forgiveness that she set out for. Fact is that Dutta's outright statement to limit her action to a sense of gratitude that he feels is commendable, and speaks volumes for the sea change that Nakusha's love may have achieved in his life but also the fact that his total helplessness post his accident has, in actuality, completed Nakusha's contribution or rather his perception of her contribution towards his transformation from an animal to a human being in the real sense. [/QUOTE]
@KavitaDR -  There is a need to forgive to truly move on and if it is such that Seema is sincerly seeking forgiveness to redeem her rights and honor in society then yes, she should be allowed a place amongst all women as you said and I agree we have all have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes as we are humans and not yet "God-like" Thanks again for peering into our beloved LTL characters without prejudices about the ones you love dearly.  Aneesa
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great analysis Kavitha!
Seema to me has always been a selfish character. It was always about herself, her maafi, her redemption, her fate, and ultimately the quest for her happiness.
She is also under the illusion that Dutta will be happy with her....not once did she ask him how his life was and is and how much she has pushed him away.
Naku on the other hand is all about giving...thats all she has ever done, never asked for anything in return. That type of selfless love, even Dutta is not capable of, since he himself is selfish to a large extent. That is why they complete each other so beautifully, and why Seema has no chance of ever taking that place in Dutta's life.
Love to read your posts as always!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Well written post Kavita! Brilliantly written scene...fabulous dialouges. Even Dutta's monosyllables carried so much meaning!
LTLFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I too agree that seema deserves forgiveness if she had helped dutta without selfish motives. I think despite her occupation she too can expect a second chance with him, if she had really realised her mistakes. (as she was not aware of someone else his life. Though i think she sensed that there must be someone but i guess she wanted to remain in her hopes that she can get him back). Nothing wrong in expecting, BUT when it is denied, she should take it in the right spirit, which i doubt. We will get know about her true colors today or probably later.

If he was the old dutta, he would not have given her any chance. Also his reaction would have very different, if he was not blind. Seema has been very very lucky. Poor unlucky dutta and we have to suffer this atrocity(Seema).
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Hi Kavita,

very good post,  what we see as human characters, actions & try to analyse them, based on our knowledge & experience is actually dominated by the biggest law of  the world ,that is law of Karma, in one of my thread- perfect balance, I have mentioned about destiny's strange trend shown in LTL. Our destiny is based purely our karma's. Datta, after his accident said once ,this blindness, is the result of his bad karmas. We all know he hasn't seen a happy life, except the time he spent with dark Naku, his life of unhappiness was triggered by Seema. Naku is the remedy to heal his inner wounds. Seema got many chances to inform his family, even yesterday after talking to Datta, she could have chosen to inform his family, but she chose to leave next day with him & live in Jungle to hide, she is acting like Datta was my property, which I ignored in past, now I need him, it's kind of indirect enchroachment of the prime property. She is seeing result of her Karma's.The most important  pt of LTL is strong character detailaing of every character. Every one acts as per their characters, their actions are as per their characters , but the result is purely based on their past & current deeds.As per Seema's current deeds Datta has forgiven her, but can't accept her back in his life, because  his destiny is with Naku.If Seema's current & future deeds make her -ve in future,it will be a clear indication of her true character. Naku has to live her life based on her deeds,she has most of the time acted +ve, irrespctive of her circumstances, she has always given the toughest test of life & emerged as a winner in the end most of the time. So based on her karmas, she balances Datta's destiny, being his healer,his lover & his wife. Her desitny is to live happily with Datta, till some other track is introduced & the actual creator of their destiny-CVs, have something else in their mind.
Thank you Kavita, I have never written such a long post, even my own threads are always very short.😊
Minakshi
Edited by mnx12 - 13 years ago
left_forever thumbnail
Great post Kavi

I always read your posts but to be frank I dont comment on them coz your language is very high-level for me to understand....believe me though I am a convent pass out I have never been so good with my vocubulary...but since i have come on this forum I have improved a lot with my languageπŸ˜†

Today I dont know again how much I have understud but I am going to make an effort...hehehehe...I am getting Seema's POV that you are trying to put across and agree with it...we all are selfish at times in life especially when it cumes to love/relationships..hope so i got u rite

If I get more on this will come back
Edited by ccolaco - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tintiny

Mine πŸ˜›

Back!! 

Dear Kavita,

Thank you Jayati for the detailed response.

Once again a thought provoking post!  But before I write my thoughts I would like to state two points at the outset which the creatives could have done with a character like Seema....

1)  A better actress who could have brought out all the shades of the character and earned our sympathies in turn, our better understanding of a character like Seema's....here due to her non-acting skills and of course to the script some extend she has only earned our rebukes as we cannot wait for it to get over and done with Seema's presence in LTL

You are definitely right on that count and I do say it at the end of my thread. I can relate to lots of members of the forum most of the times as to them not feeling generous towards Seema's character because of our emotional attachment to that of Dutta's. Had the actress had more substance and able to infuse all the shades purporting to a woman plying her trade as a courtesan as we have seen in classics like Pakeezah or Umrao Jaan, we would have had a different perspective of Seema in relation to Dutta. Lets leave iconic character aside for a second and look at the way CVs could have brought out the circumstances that pushed Seema towards a life of vice, our reactions would have differed for sure. Problem is that Praneeta Sahu just does not come up trumps in comparison to Mishal's near perfect portrayal of the Don imbued with deep psychological layers. Our main concern as you rightly say is to see her ousted and ASAP to move the story forward.  
2)  A somewhat different situation, if Dutta was not blind, hurt and depended on Seema, under the present circumstances when he forgives Seema he is obligated to forgive her for what all she has done for him...imagine a situation somewhat like Dutta is running to save himself as he is surrounded by his enemies and Seema too maybe from some unwanted admirer and they are thrown together under this situation where they save each other....what would have been Dutta's take and how would have Seema asked for her forgiveness as I feel now she thinks she has the right to ask and get his forgiveness....instead if they had been in a neautral ground....

Right again but then, CVs have not really been concerned with Dutta's characterisation for quite a long time and have digressed since the Ganesh Utsav to lend more layers to Kala and other characters which have taken a lot away in terms of enjoyment for the LTL we first fell in love with. LTL is still a story which has lots of potential but somewhere down the line, the makers or the channel have for some obscene reasons just stopped thinking, I feel, and content to play the Mishal factor to the hilt. And again not without butchering the essence of LTL in several episodes we have seen since September.

Now coming back to your post....yes Naku is the reason that Dutta was able to forgive Seema today but then do women like Seema have the right to be happy and see a life with husband and children....

Yes, Naku has to be credited with Dutta's capacity today to be able to forgive. I have a problem though with the way, her character is being "deified" in LTL with her being seen as a superlative woman able to take in everething that life throws at her. For the unconditional fans of Nakusha, this might be a reason to rejoice but somehow, it makes me uncomfortable to portray a woman in this day and age taking in all the abuse, mental or circumstantial that have been played out in LTL.

Unfortunately LTL also traded in the non controvertial path showing Seema...or the likes of Seema cannot have a better life....but strangely we all make mistakes in our life....we fight with our parents, severe ties with our siblings, be jealous of our good friends and fall out with them, have extra-marital affairs etc etc the list can be endless but with the passage of time we realise our mistakes and then we patch up....what Seema did is also a mistake...she wanted a better life....and the path she chose was not right, now she realises this and she wants to come out....why cannot she do it....You know yesterday when they were showing Seema / Dutta dialogue I would have really loved to see something new....Seema confesses her mistake and Dutta too adds yes a woman turned me to an animal and it took another woman to make me a human again...instead Seema saying I want a place in your life....she could have said I dream of a home of my own, with my husband and loved ones......Dutta promises to her if that is what you want, let me get back to Patilwadi and find a groom for you...but you have to promise me that you will be a good wife...etc etc .....another thing I found very foolish in the tract that Seema's assumption that Dutta was sitting pretty for her...what made her think he has not got married in the meanwhile?

You do raise a sensitive issue here...female digression or shall I generalise and say human digressions is not always inevitable and to err is realistic as circumstances in life sometimes have this unfortunate capacity to throw us off balance and commit mistakes that we come to regret. However, nature/time decrees that we cannot wait forever to correct those mistakes and more than anything, we should not latch on to the first possibilities that come our way to mend or repair the damages sustained. Seema, courtesy the CVs has been shown as a woman who has not been able to express her remorse fully until yesterday for us to feel sympathy for her. And they must be having an agenda as to the character being recycled eventually to play the negative side. Hence the fact that she was left treading the fence to be later catapulted either as the one who plays total Cupid for Tasha or total vamp to advance the cause of an evil plot by Kala & Co.

Yes, I must confess I wanted to see something different ---thora hatke....and yes realisation of ones mistake is a huge huge step towards ones redemption and there can be no better punishment....at the same time Dutta would also have realised yes what Seema did was not right but for her today he has got Nakusha, who is his ideal partner.... Love Tin

Limitations, thy name is Colors when it comes to LTL... Thora hatke no longer is a priority as compared to the first 7 months of LTL which made us total addicts. We still love this E-LS but we have somehow transported the show in the realms of hero worship which I dont have a problem with if I am to judge by the frantic campaigns that have been fought to ensure that Mishal remains  a part of the show. Which is also my heartfelt wish as I cant see anybody else but MR playing Dutta.πŸ˜†
We are after all dictated by our likes and dislikes in what we wish to watch.😳

Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
@nizam13][QUOTE=KavitaDR]
Human evolution favours both good and bad traits. Why is it then that we cannot accept that Seema would have earned the right to lay claim to Dutta's affection after her careful ministrations over what would, undoubtedly, constitute one of the rockiest patches in his life? Has she not been caring enough braving dangers, giving up a lucrative "occupation" to embrace a life with a measure of dignity which is for sure going to be fraught with a threatening menace in the form of Chaskar from now on? Could Seema's right or rather her wish to start life afresh with Dutta be commensurate with Nakusha's sacrifice in the sense that she has saved his life in such dramatic circumstances that she has, fully, earned the redemption and forgiveness that she set out for. Fact is that Dutta's outright statement to limit her action to a sense of gratitude that he feels is commendable, and speaks volumes for the sea change that Nakusha's love may have achieved in his life but also the fact that his total helplessness post his accident has, in actuality, completed Nakusha's contribution or rather his perception of her contribution towards his transformation from an animal to a human being in the real sense.
@KavitaDR -  There is a need to forgive to truly move on and if it is such that Seema is sincerly seeking forgiveness to redeem her rights and honor in society then yes, she should be allowed a place amongst all women as you said and I agree we have all have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes as we are humans and not yet "God-like" Thanks again for peering into our beloved LTL characters without prejudices about the ones you love dearly.  Aneesa

Hey AneesaπŸ€—,

Good to see you on this thread, I have missed my philosophical  friend on my last threads. I feel that there is a general consensus on the forum that Dutta needs to forgive to be able to move on. This was necessary for him to be able to seek, once and for all, closure on one of the darkest chapters in his life. And who else but the maganimous Dutta to, personally, forgive Seema and thank her for all that she did to ensure his safety. But he, also, rightly points out the importance of respecting that great wheel of time in life. We all make mistakes and that is why we are called human beings otherwise we would all have been saints but man and woman should know that one cannot wait forever to discharge some duties/functions in life to ensure if not happiness but at least to make peace with onself. It is Seema's fate that Time will have to be cruel with her once again whilst Dutta met his soulmate in time to bring him back from the brink.

And that is what we call Kismet!😳