Debate Mansion

Kids gone off the rails (Page 3)

huneymonsta Senior Member
huneymonsta
huneymonsta

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Originally posted by huneymonsta

All very good advice! My parents are very traditional and unless you do what they want you to do they are just not happy. I dont know how they will react if they find out im engaged to a 'gora'!!! I know I should tell them instead of living a lie but my dad who is even worse than my mother believes in honour killings so I cant help but keep it a secret...

How do you change the mentality when it comes to that kind of thing???
Mind if I ask you something, presuming that you live somewhere out of India - why have you been sent here if your parents have such deep-rooted Indian beliefs? When you're letting your own blood and flesh out and away in a society that is so unlike yours, believing that they should have a witness of the modern world and be part of this - what's up with imposing things on them which by now have gotten totally off their mindsets?! 

NO OFFENSE 

Hey, you are right. I dont understand that either. My father has been living out of India since he was 16 so I dont understand at all!!!! They are not in India either, been over seas for a VERY long time yet they hold on to India and they wont just accept I am different, I am not a traditional indian..I have my own beliefs and they wont change because of then. I have the right to make my mistakes and learn from them. Its frustrating!!!!

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
I guess culture makes a person and gives them respect. Roots are not easy to forget.
All culures have their good and bad I guess.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyesque

Go to top