Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khusi_* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

I enjoy romantic scenes: Jagya

Monica Pawar, TNN, Apr 11, 2011, 12.00am IST

A big smile lit up his face as he made sure that none of his girl fans went home disappointed and signed autographs for all, even though he did not get to have his breakfast.

That's Shashank nee Jagya for you, who's getting rave reviews in the serial Balika Vadhu. He spoke to NT about his debut serial, social issues and the City of Oranges.

Social commitment

While his serial has often recorded highest TRPs, it has also received flak from various quarters for glorifying child marriage. To this, Shashank says, "We all know that child marriage is bad and Balika Vadhu is trying to portray the consequences of child marriage. Forced marriage can ruin your life forever; and that is what's portrayed in the serial. So, in a way, we are acting for a social cause."

Looking ahead

Interesting, it wasn't the glitterati of B-town, but mere failure in a competitive exam that lured this Ujjain Boy to acting. "I really wanted to clear my MBA exam, and that's why I came to Mumbai, but destiny had other plans for me. I was mighty disappointed when I couldn't clear the exam. I had done plays in school and college, so I tried my hand at acting and luckily, it worked! So, thanks to that one failure in life, I'm doing what I love, and minting money out of it too," says he.

Keeping traditions alive

With international sitcoms and drama-series such as How I met your mother and Entourage being more of a rage amongst the youth of today than the Indian TV series, ask the youngster about his take on this and he says, "It's a fact that our TV serials mostly target the older audiences. But, one can't deny the fact that our serials focus on forgotten traditions, so they are informative and educative for our younger generation."

Romantic Scenes are fun

Whilst the on-screen chemistry between the lead couple Anandi and Jagya is undergoing a bumpy road, their off-screen chemistry is sizzling. Ask Shashank about this, and he says, "I share a good chemistry with both my leading ladies and I enjoy romantic scenes the most. The whole atmosphere is so playful that it's hard not to get along with these gals."

Nagpur Calling

The actor seems to have fallen for the charms of the City of Oranges too. "I'd love to keep coming to Nagpur. I've heard a lot about the jungles around the region and some day I would love to explore them," says he.

Neha_K thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: khusi_*

Jagya to call off his marriage to Anandi in Balika Vadhu

Anandi will be in the centre of some more drama once again in Balika Vadhu.

A source says, "Anandi will be getting ready to go to Mumbai when she will get a call from jagya and he will call off their marriage. He will tell Anandi he needs to concentrate on his studies and he cannot do it till he is with her. This will shock Anandi and she will be too numbed to react.

"Later Bhairon will go to Mumbai to meet Jagya where he gets to know about his son's affair with Gauri. Jagya will tell his father he wants to marry Gauri. Bhairon won't take it well and will come back and break down the hospital they had built for Jagya. He will also tell the other family members about his affair which will be yet another shock for Anandi. She will have to be then hospitalised."

Pratyusha banerjee (Anandi) says, "Anandi will be going through a bad phase and I want the audience to just support her

Awww......................... 😭
poor anandi!

but yeh gauri ka reaction q nahi bata rahe hain.... kahin woh jagya ko accept to nahi karne wali hai!

n jagya still cover himself behind the reason of studying....
khusi_* thumbnail
actually  am lil relax!!
q ki anandi toh sadme main bol hi naa pati agar gauri k baren main 1st usko pata lagta!!

but bhairon is the ultimate one!!
thank god!!
good work CVs!!

gauri kya sochti hai...honestly...............don't care much!!!!

Neha_K thumbnail
ankita.... yeh shasha article shasha FC me bhi post kar de plz!
fir usse wahan discuss karte hain!
khusi_* thumbnail
haan karti hoon!!
but 1 page to go
yaar isko khatam kar pehele!
khusi_* thumbnail
oye neha!!
shasha fc main tera comment.............jyada realistic ka kya matlab??
Neha_K thumbnail
achha uss promo me shanky yellow shirt me kya mast lag raha tha naa... meri fav. Butterscotch ice cream.

khusi_* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neha_K

achha uss promo me shanky yellow shirt me kya mast lag raha tha naa... meri fav. Butterscotch ice cream.

haan but pura kahan dikha.............kapde sukh rahe the!!
Neha_K thumbnail
adha bhi kafi tha yaar...... 😍
kya chamak raha tha dhoop me.... jaise usse tide se dho k sukhaya ho anandi ne.... 🤣
khusi_* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neha_K

adha bhi kafi tha yaar...... 😍
kya chamak raha tha dhoop me.... jaise usse tide se dho k sukhaya ho anandi ne.... 🤣

ROFL
nice one!!