Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh one more thing .. how can we expect quality when the channel seems to prefer quantity? this six week thing is suicide ... and inspite of knowing about the personal commitments of their actors for more then a month ... they failed to bank the scenes? they r shooting for an episode the day before it airs how the hell can they show a quality product under such circumstances? and i also think the real problem is the fact that pregnancy track is in limbo .... as long as it isnt resolved one way or the other ... we wont get a consistent quality product .... in Swati's time .. we had a pregnant girl falling all over the place... we now have a high risk pregnancy and the girl is still acting as if nothing is wrong .... a creative decision needs to be made ..... nissar had said in his interview that he and gul are very much involved in the development of the story .. they need to sit down with the writers and decide on the future of this pregnancy now ....

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Arwen...

we should give credit to the fact that channel didnt interfere so much 🤣🤣🤣 C'mon yaar ... when Arjun first appeared articles said that there will be bankruptcy track but that never happened .. why?  there must have been plans right? the writers CVs etc must have sketched out something along those lines so they obviously had the idea but someone somewhere made the call to scrap that track i guess ...

actually .. if u talk about show's earlier magic ... then i would prefer return of mrinal jha or that franklin fella .... in those times we had a balanced story line  with equal importance given to all the characters and not just Maaneet ... Swati Pandey's time was maaneet 24/7 ... the main antagonists wouldnt be seen for days at a time .... the focus was just maaneet nok jhoks/love story at the cost of other tracks .... swati is a good writer ... i m sure she wouldnt have wanted it to be like this ... i mean in her other shows we see this balanced view right? makes me think that writers give the ideas ... but it depends on channel whether they accept it or not ...or what or how they want them to be executed .. maaneet love story gave trps so we we got romance all the time .. now romance has run its course ... there are only so many near kisses or nok jhoks they can show without it looking repetitive .. once SR is shown we wont even have these hot glances and snaping out of it ... now they need to build a good dramatic story line .. and writers need to be given creative freedom to execute it ....considering how Star One shows change tracks the moment audience cries foul there is only so much writers can do ..... 

why so many changes in less then a year? hell there were four screen play waiters in 7 months ... 5 may be if / when Ved leaves ... so somewhere things are not right and that needs to be corrected ..otherwise i doubt swati;s return will change things ... 

btw ,.... maan has been the only truly consistent character ... i didnt like the turns geet took during swati's time ... she was better for a little while in ved's hands but then he started messing up as well .. or may be geet has always been a stubborn, over the top character and we are only noticing it now bcos now she is married and hence her situation  is changed? so what was cute before seems irritating now?

You do have a point..Swati alone may not be able to make a difference..there would have to be a change of approach..but maybe bringing Swati back could be a step in the right direction..I agree that a daily soap can't be built on a single track..but why are the parallel tracks so poorly written..and as for drama..there are surely logical ways of generating it!
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This six day thing is not working at all....the quality of geet has gone down badly....

I really hope the channels rethink about all this and the side effects...

I would love to see 5 day back...i too need my weekends..

Edited by ansah - 13 years ago
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arwen...

Oh one more thing .. how can we expect quality when the channel seems to prefer quantity? this six week thing is suicide ... and inspite of knowing about the personal commitments of their actors for more then a month ... they failed to bank the scenes? they r shooting for an episode the day before it airs how the hell can they show a quality product under such circumstances? and i also think the real problem is the fact that pregnancy track is in limbo .... as long as it isnt resolved one way or the other ... we wont get a consistent quality product .... in Swati's time .. we had a pregnant girl falling all over the place... we now have a high risk pregnancy and the girl is still acting as if nothing is wrong .... a creative decision needs to be made ..... nissar had said in his interview that he and gul are very much involved in the development of the story .. they need to sit down with the writers and decide on the future of this pregnancy now ....

Yes, the pregnancy track is at the root of the mess the show is in..they need to take a call on it..this baby should be given the award for the character that has caused most havoc in a show without making a single appearance!
Raina123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i wish she wud but there is no point ive signed many petitions to bring the old crew back but non of them were given importance

Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yes i do want her back
She was the best of all
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't have any constructive criticism to make....you guys have said it all. Unlike most of you, I never kept track of which writer left, which one came and who contributed what to the show. Just goes to show what a perfunctory viewer I am!😆

All I know is I don't enjoy the show anymore..it generates no excitement in me anymore and if I miss an episode, I don't even catch the repeat or read the update here! That's how much the show has lost its charm for me.

One thing I'm happy about is that they've stopped bringing in the one-a-day cameos that did nothing for the show and added very little interest for us.

I also know that I don't HAVE to see Maaneet six days a week and for 30 minutes a day.

I do know that I can't take much more of AA and the cvs' vain attempt at humour regarding that long-haired lover from USA! Oh yes! That was one more cameo that went kaput.....at least he was a good actor.

I do know that I want them to develop the Dev track..don't mind if he remains positive.....the memory loss track had a lot of possibilites....ideal moment to introduce Sameera...but no, that's fallen by the wayside too.

The cvs have written themselves into a corner and that's where they are going to stay unless they rehaul the show from top to bottom, get rid of some of the unnecessary characters...that includes yes, Romeo, Manisha and even Pinky....AA , I already mentioned.
The Hoshiyarpur family can be recalled...so many things but no takers.

Now they are dangling the SR like a juicy carrot to hold our waning interest..but after that what....?
Tiharika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Even me too, we want Swati Pandey back!!!!!
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: pippa

I don't have any constructive criticism to make....you guys have said it all. Unlike most of you, I never kept track of which writer left, which one came and who contributed what to the show. Just goes to show what a perfunctory viewer I am!😆

All I know is I don't enjoy the show anymore..it generates no excitement in me anymore and if I miss an episode, I don't even catch the repeat or read the update here! That's how much the show has lost its charm for me.

One thing I'm happy about is that they've stopped bringing in the one-a-day cameos that did nothing for the show and added very little interest for us.

I also know that I don't HAVE to see Maaneet six days a week and for 30 minutes a day.

I do know that I can't take much more of AA and the cvs' vain attempt at humour regarding that long-haired lover from USA! Oh yes! That was one more cameo that went kaput.....at least he was a good actor.

I do know that I want them to develop the Dev track..don't mind if he remains positive.....the memory loss track had a lot of possibilites....ideal moment to introduce Sameera...but no, that's fallen by the wayside too.

The cvs have written themselves into a corner and that's where they are going to stay unless they rehaul the show from top to bottom, get rid of some of the unnecessary characters...that includes yes, Romeo, Manisha and even Pinky....AA , I already mentioned.

Now they are dangling the SR like a juicy carrot to hold our waning interest..but after that what....?

Are you even looking forward to the SR under the present circumstances..? I mean, even if the doctor green lights it now, would it work for them to jump into bed with all that has gone on and with Dev's shadow looming large? I am not so sure! 
Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pippa

I agree with that
The memory loss track cud have gotten the charm back cuz we wud see a different track n them falling in love all over again but idk if they r guna show dat either now..i mean what really can they show with dev? Brothers patch up? Then what? They shud have other possibities ahead of time too, as it with the flow introducing the tracks..idk Itz interesting dev track right now..letz just see,
The consistency has gone swati might be able to bring it back..n the original team
Edited by luv_harshad - 13 years ago