What's so weird here?

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
The people around Avni is reacting in such a way that it seems she has put some weird conditions.As if she wants her ML to wash her feet.Come onpeople.She has just asked for the permission to work even after marriage and give the salary to her mother.What's so pecuiliar here?Why can the girl's give their salary to their mothers.It is her money.She can do whatever she ikes.If she wants to spend it on her own luxury then it is her business.Actually those people who are against it are very greedy.They want to live on their DL's income.Another new form of dowry.

My mother used to give her salary to my grandmom even after her marriage.It was 20 years ago.I am surprised to see that even 2011 a women is ill treated just because she wants to share her salary.Shame on such cheap people.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rittu_deep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

The people around Avni is reacting in such a way that it seems she has put some weird conditions.As if she wants her ML to wash her feet.Come onpeople.She has just asked for the permission to work even after marriage and give the salary to her mother.What's so pecuiliar here?Why can the girl's give their salary to their mothers.It is her money.She can do whatever she ikes.If she wants to spend it on her own luxury then it is her business.Actually those people who are against it are very greedy.They want to live on their DL's income.Another new form of dowry.

My mother used to give her salary to my grandmom even after her marriage.It was 20 years ago.I am surprised to see that even 2011 a women is ill treated just because she wants to share her salary.Shame on such cheap people.

Exactly...It is a new form of taking dowry if someone is really eyeing the income of the daughter-in-law/wife...Avni's point of giving the salary to her mom is justified as we can see that she doesnt have a father, her brother is useless, her sisters are still studying..She is having all responsibilities of her house...Her mom wants her to get married because of the pressure of the society...Avni cannot run away from her responsibility just because she is getting married...
cjs369 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Its just the mind set...
there are girls who help their mothers financially even after marriage that too from their husbands earnings and the husband doesnt mind... and there are girls who are made to hand over their entire earnings to the in laws ....
it just shows their basic character and their greedy nature... but its very common, specially in lower middle class families ... who look at the DIL (daughter in law ) as a medium to improve their own financial conditions ..rightlly said, another form of dowry... disgusting attitude... 😡
I like Avni's attitude to clearly state what she wants to do before marriage itself so there are no misunderstandings later on...
mslakshmi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
moreover it is not necessary to give the entire Rs.20000/ to avni's mother.she can divide them .so i didn't her criteria for rejecting marriages...............................................................................................
-DE- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes , Agree. The should look at the situation of Avnis family! Their is no father in the family so the people should allow that her salary should go to her family. I think this sooo disgusting from the people!  They should be ashamed!! What is sooo bad at this. When She is gonna get married who is gonna look after the Avnis Maayka!
AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mslakshmi

moreover it is not necessary to give the entire Rs.20000/ to avni's mother.she can divide them .so i didn't her criteria for rejecting marriages...............................................................................................

yessss that seems more fair that way she is helping both families ....
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i can't understand why in 21st century its an issue ...still people expects that girls will forget about her family after marriage??.....its really weird
Edited by chandraarunita - 13 years ago