Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mysterygirl_me

do read it kanky, its like one of the bestest books i ever read, the story, the changes in characterization im sure u will fall in love with cathy and healthcliff and u might hate the story at times too but it makes for a wonderful, classic read, try this one for sure 

Sure, it is on my list. And I have bought a copy, already. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mysterygirl_me

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Wuthering Heights, anybody? (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Only one thing I'd like to suggest is that you might wanna read the abridged version first so you can enjoy the actual happenings to the fullest; once you have read this one, you can move on to the unabridged.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amy22

Only one thing I'd like to suggest is that you might wanna read the abridged version first so you can enjoy the actual happenings to the fullest; once you have read this one, you can move on to the unabridged.

What are they, I mean the difference? LOL

koolchick

IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Sometimes when novels have way too long passages of description, in abrdiged version, they cut these out so the story doesn't drag and only take stuff that is important for the plot and story of the novel. The unabridged versions are as they were written by the authors and hence so full of long descriptions of flowers or gardens or stuff like that which does not have anything to do with the story itself really.

Edited by amy22 - 14 March 2011 at 6:24pm

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

I've read Wuthering Heights

It's very good, although since there is a narration, you tend to feel much farther from the characters as opposed to just reading the events as it happens. I love the way she wraps up everything in the end

Well, yes! That's sort of obvious. I am gonna read the book real soon, and then the book is a great deal tragic - what happened to the author post the publish is sad too. So it kind of compels me! 

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Kanky-

Sometimes when novels have way too long passages of description, in abrdiged version, they cut these out so the story doesn't drag and only take stuff that is important for the plot and story of the novel. The unabridged versions are as they were written by the authors and hence so full of long descriptions of flowers or gardens or stuff like that which does not have anything to do with the story itself really.

I have the unabridged version then, I assume. It's in the literal form of the original book. Thanks! Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

amy22

Post Reply New Post

Go to top