Book Talk

Wuthering Heights, anybody? - Page 3

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: -Kanky-

What are they, I mean the difference? ðŸ˜†

Sometimes when novels have way too long passages of description, in abrdiged version, they cut these out so the story doesn't drag and only take stuff that is important for the plot and story of the novel. The unabridged versions are as they were written by the authors and hence so full of long descriptions of flowers or gardens or stuff like that which does not have anything to do with the story itself really.
Edited by amy22 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: koolchick

I've read Wuthering Heights

It's very good, although since there is a narration, you tend to feel much farther from the characters as opposed to just reading the events as it happens. I love the way she wraps up everything in the end

Well, yes! That's sort of obvious. I am gonna read the book real soon, and then the book is a great deal tragic - what happened to the author post the publish is sad too. So it kind of compels me! 
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: amy22

Sometimes when novels have way too long passages of description, in abrdiged version, they cut these out so the story doesn't drag and only take stuff that is important for the plot and story of the novel. The unabridged versions are as they were written by the authors and hence so full of long descriptions of flowers or gardens or stuff like that which does not have anything to do with the story itself really.

I have the unabridged version then, I assume. It's in the literal form of the original book. Thanks!