Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Drabbles- AR No.57pg50 09/09 (Page 35)

nondescript IF-Dazzler
nondescript
nondescript

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Armaan and his ouchy!

"Ouchhh!" he yelped as Riddhima quickly pulled off the bandaid. "Sorry Babe, but you know that it would have hurt you a hell lot more had I removed it slowly." Armaan winced as she gently cleaned the cut, which ran along his cheek, with antiseptic. Riddhima saw how hard he was grinding his jaw, to ensure that another hiss didn't escape his lips. She blew a wisp onto the cut to add extra coolness. "I don't think we will put a plaster on it tonight, let the cut get some air" "Hmmm" he said and slowly unwinded his jaw. Armaan had been playing football with some of the other lads, when someone from the opposition had pushed head onto the frame of the goalpost in a dirty tackle.

Riddhima put the first aid kit away, washed her hands and then made way back to Armaan. She walked into their room to see that he was watching a football match. "Some things will never changed" she said, smiling to herself.

She removed her night dress from their fitted cupboard, dropped a quick kiss on Armaans head and then jumped into the shower.

PLEASE DO CHECK OUT THE NOTE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PREVIOUS PAGE

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sar_MdestinationnNikhi.Rhea.KaJencutiepreetHaniyaapinky.padda-khaleesi-Norzteenorchid

roshni_A Goldie
roshni_A
roshni_A

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
"the realm of dream'.i just loved it...it gave me a sweet, simple and beautiful visual of AR married life and i just adore it...

2nd one is also really nice...sweet and simple...
hosanna.. IF-Stunnerz
hosanna..
hosanna..

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Simple and caring drabble :)
cutiepreet IF-Dazzler
cutiepreet
cutiepreet

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
awww loved how she said something will never change..:)
it was cute..<3
nondescript IF-Dazzler
nondescript
nondescript

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Nondescripts got a thing for Armaans handwriting- seems like Riddhima does too ;)

Muskaan was not well and had taken the day off, Riddhima didn't mind her other peers but it was difficult to hold a stimulating conversation with them over an hour, Anjali was busy in surgery and Armaan was prepping for a case in the library, hence Riddhima was left no-one to eat lunch with. She wasn't really hungry; she purchased two coffees from the canteen and then made way to the library to kill off her two hour break.

The library was in the old part of the Sanjeevani building. It was a domed room which had wooden floorboards, wooden bookcases, wooden tables and warm lights, producing a comfy glow. It had two levels. The bottom floor was for reading, and the circular spiral staircase positioned right in the middle led to level area filled with desks. Riddhima knew that Armaans favourite spot was the desk by the window. It was a little secluded from the other desks but he had told her once before that he liked studying there; especially at night time when the moonlight bathed your book. Riddhima would never be able to study in a place like that, it was too cosy, she knew she'd fall asleep the minute she would open a book. 

Armaan was so engrossed in his work, his head buried in three chunky medical texts books and a fat scribble pad which he was exhausting his blue biro pen in. Riddhima neared him and saw that he was trying to draw a diagram which he had drawn multiple times and crossed out one too many time. "Armaan" she whispered from behind him, not wanting to interrupt the other Doctors who were studying in the library. Armaan was startled at his name being called out, "huh" he said, nearly pushing Riddhima back and spilling the two coffees. "Woah!" he said, grabbing her hand to ensure she didn't fall. "Careful" he said, taking the coffees from her hand and scooted on the bench making space for her. "Thanks" she said, wiping off the small droplets off coffee from her hand. "Are you okay?" he asked, genuinely concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine" she said with a warm smile. "Here" this is for you, she said and wiped the sticky residue which had stuck itself on the coffee cup. "Thanks!" he said, grateful at her gesture. "I only drink coffee when I'm stressed and right now, this cup has come at the perfect time!! So yeah, thanks" "no problem" she replied now paying attention to his drawing. "Armaan your handwriting is perfect" she said, astounded at the calligraphic font; each flick perfectly angled, each letter the same length and an equal distant between each word. How did you learn to write like that, it looks like it has been typed? My handwriting , as you have commented on before is an illegible scrawl" he chuckled quietly, she wasn't the first to make such a comment. "I'm serious, where did you learn how to write like this?!" she whispered. "Well, one Christmas when I was 8 years old, my father had taken me with him to one of his business trips to New York." She interrupted him, "your fathers a business man?" "he was" he replied briskly, and before she could ask anything else about his parents, he continued "So yeah, my father had a two day conference in New York, and after that we were going to go and stay at the lodge he had booked. Unluckily, the two day deal turned into something that spanned over five and I as a result was stuck in his office with absolutely nothing to do. I basically sat next to my father for five days listening to  business men in suits talk business jargon and whilst I did I began mimicking my father's handwriting; everything he would write I would copy. I continued doing this even after my holidays and after a few months I had learnt how to write like my father." "When you were 8 years old! Woah!!" she whispered in surprise. "I would never have had the patience; I was probably too busy arguing with Anjie over who got what room in our holiday house, at that age." Armaan chuckled, "trust me, I was SO bored!!" She sipped her coffee silently still amazed at the scribble pad in front of her.

"ArmaanJi, if you can write so well, why on earth can you not draw a simple diagram" "urghh don't get me started" he said, frustrated once again. It was a good thing that they were sitting at the back of the library near the window where no-one could hear them or else they'd surely have been kicked out.  "Each book shows something different, I'm trying to combine all three into one" "That shouldn't be too bad" she said, looking at the books intently, "Mr Perfectionist, the differences are minor on the outside, it's the inside that you should be worried about. Here pass the pencil here." He watched her lick the side of her lips as she intently tried to draw the diagram. "Viola!" she whispered, "I am not VanGogh, but that is as best as I can do", Armaan tilted his head to one side and then to the other, trying to figure out what he was looking out. He slowly turned his head towards her and then raised a brow. Riddhima couldn't help the fit of giggles that possessed her, she quickly dropped the pencil and then covered both her palm over her mouth, to drone out the laugh. "At least I tried" she said, once the giggle attack had subsided. "Thank you RiddhimaJi, now if you don't mind I shall take this back" he said, plucking his pencil from her lap and then drew a squared around her autographed drawing. "How comes you didn't scribble it out?" asked a curious Riddhima. "Because this my friend is art." He said with a chuckle. "If I ever go back to this page of notes again when I am studying, then at least I can have a quick laugh at my buddys artistic talents" Riddhima punched him in the arm, "ha-ha, very funny Dr Mallik".

They both drank their coffees as Armaan finally drew the diagram as best as he could. "There!" said Riddhima, "that actually came out well" "just about" he said, stacking the coffee cups on top of one another and placing them both on the corner of the table. Riddhima rolled her eyes, "it does look good. Anyway I still have an hour to kill, so I am going to take a nap" she said, removing the dupatta from around her neck and creating a make-shift pillow. "Wake me up in an hour" she said and before she closed her eyes, she added "oh and good luck with these ridiculous amount of notes" she said and stuck her tongue out. "Shut up" he said, and poked her in the side. "Oi!" she squealed, causing a very tired looking senior to ask her to keep it down. Armaan sniggered whereas Riddhima huffed, "wake me up in an hour" she snapped and shut her eyes. Armaan looked at her and couldn't help but laugh, she really was a funny lass!

After about ten minutes of fidgeting he could tell that Riddhima had fallen asleep by the soft breathing noises she was making. Armaan was glad she had fallen asleep, not that he minded her presence, he didn't because she was lovely, it was just that Armaan worked best alone and in silence.

An hour had passed and Armaan had just finished returning the books to their respective shelves. He threw away the two coffee cups and placed his notepad and stationary in his satchel. He checked the time on his mobile phone and realised that it was now one olock and Riddhimas lunch break was over.

"Riddhima" he called gently, trying to get her to open her eyes. "Riddhima" he whispered again, she still didn't respond. "Great, another Niki! Sleeps like she's in hibernation!" he muttered as he gently patted her arms. "Riddhima wake up" he called again, finally getting an incoherent response "mmmlemmesleeeppp". He had an idea, "Riddhima, Dr Keerti!", he thought she would jump, "ShutupArmaan,don'tlietome" she said raising her head and rubbing her eyes. Armaan laughed, the girl was on game, even when her brain was still retuning.

" Well That was refreshing" she said with a yawn and then stretched her arms, in the process hitting poor Armaan in the face. "Oops!" she said and bit her lips with all her front teeth. "I'm so sorry!!" Armaan looked at her and frowned, " I am so sorry" she said pouting. "It's fineee" he said, "I know it was a mistake" she gave him a brilliant smile as she stood up. "I gotta dash, otherwise Hitler will skin me alive" saying that, she dashed down the spiralled staircase and left the library.

Armaan didn't know what to make of this girl, "you really are something Riddhima Gupta." he said with a chuckle and got up to leave the library himself.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

destinationnbushrayouNikhi.Rhea.KaJenHaniyaablessed4pinky.padda-khaleesi-teenorchidNorz-CandyFloss-mcdreamy.

nondescript IF-Dazzler
nondescript
nondescript

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
I have decided to discontinue POLARIS, if you see some Armaan&Riddhima 'BUDDY' scenes... bear in mind, they are snapshots of what I had written for that story.

Edited by nondescript - 28 July 2012 at 10:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bushrayouHaniyaaNorz

Rhea.KaJen Goldie
Rhea.KaJen
Rhea.KaJen

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged
This one was real cute! :)
hosanna.. IF-Stunnerz
hosanna..
hosanna..

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged