ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Events that shook Bollywood
Neha sharma, Minakshi Saini, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, February 18, 2011

Here's a look at the top controversies of the decade:

2011 Censor board trouble
Censor Board's methods were questioned by many filmmakers this year. Madhur Bhandarkar's film Dil To Baccha Hai Ji was given an A certificate, to which he said, "We need young people in our Censor Board." Board chief Sharmila Tagore had a problem with Sudhir Mishra's film title Ye Saali Zindagi, to which Mishra said, "The title won't change. I don't know what Boards' problem is." Prakash Jha also held a press meet after promos of his film Turning 30 were asked to go off air.

2010 Deepika vs Rishi Kapoor
Filmmaker Karan Johar's talk show Koffee With Karan led to many controversies. But the hottest was when Deepika Padukone advised ex- boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor to endorse a pack of condoms and Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor took deep offence to this statement. He not only questioned her upbringing and her family background but also accused Karan for instigating her to talk like this. He also said that he will not work with Johar again. Later Karan apologised to him in private to calm him.

2009 Aamir vs Chetan Bhagat
Chetan Bhagat accused the makers of 3 Idiots of lifting the entire story from his novel - Five Point Someone, and not giving him proper credit in the end. Aamir Khan retorted saying, "Chetan is trying to take away the credit from the film's writer, Abhijat Joshi, who has worked really hard on the script." Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, director Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir had called for a press conference to clear their stand. Finally, Bhagat apologised and ended the matter.

2009 Freida denies engagement
After actor Freida Pinto shot to fame with Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire, she forgot her desi fianc Rohan Antao and got involved with her co-star Dev Patel. She denied getting formally engaged to Rohan, while HT City was the first one to publish the pictures of them exchanging rings. While Rohan gave an interview to a UK tabloid saying, "Freida's proximity with Dev has ruined our relationship," Freida maintained she was never married.

2008 Khans at war
Actors Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, who had buried their hatchet in 2004, had what can be called Bollywood's biggest fight at Katrina Kaif's birthday party. It was alleged that Salman had made fun of SRK's show Kya Aap Paancvi Paas Se Tez Hain, to which SRK made some unsolicited remarks about Salman's ex Ash. The two came to blows and had to be pulled apart. They haven't spoken since. SRK recently apologised to Salman on a TV chat show.

2007 Bips'Ronaldo lip lock
In the middle of talks of John Abraham and Bipasha Basu's love life going through a rough patch, Bipasha's kiss with Portugese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo came as a big shock to many, including John. Bipasha clarified saying, "Yes, it was me in the picture. It was taken at an opportune moment and has been taken out of context. Again, it looks like a case of irresponsible assumption." John decided to stay tight-lipped on the issue.

2007 Wedding spoiler
Abhishek and Aishwarya Bachchans' fairytale wedding got a blotch when a struggling actor Jhanavi landed outside the Bachchan residence and threatened suicide by slashing her wrists, claiming that Abhishek had promised to marry her. Jhanavi had featured with Abhishek in a song in his film Dus.

2006 Shahid ' Bebo MMS
A Mumbai tabloid carried pictures of then couple Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor locked in a smooch. While the couple threatened legal action against the paper demanding an apology, Shahid said that the two were not bothered about the consequences. The clipping was also circulated via MMS. "We are not affected by such pathetic stuff. Such acts are simply disgusting and products of some really sick minds," Shahid had said.

2004 casting couch
It was the first time that a woman accused a filmmaker of casting couch so openly. Actor Preeti Jain accused Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar of raping her for years, promising her a lead role. "We had sex 16 times and when I refused, he raped me," she had said. Madhur flatly denied these allegations.

2003 Vivek vs Salman
Actor Vivek Oberoi called a press conference at his Mumbai residence, alleging that actor Salman Khan called him 41 times, threatening and abusing him, and accused him of having an affair with Aishwarya Rai. Salman laughed off the matter and the industry stood by him. Vivek's rising stardom fell after this episode and the industry isolated him.

2000 Rakesh Roshan gets shot
Soon after Kaho Na Pyaar Hai became a hit, filmmaker Rakesh Roshan was shot allegedly by underworld sleuths, demanding a portion of the film's profits. Roshan was shot at close range but survived. The shootout brought back the shadow of the underworld on Bollywood, last felt in the assassination of music baron Gulshan Kumar in 1997.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Events-that-shook-Bollywood/Article1-663985.aspx

Edited by ruky786 - 18 February 2011 at 12:51pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

babloo_mkaNuktaacheenTheDilettanteffkhanbamboocopterZoobiDoobi

Marauders IF-Rockerz
Marauders
Marauders

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
the only two i find interesting are: 2008 Khans at war
and 2003 Vivek vs Salman. LOL

and dayum bipasha is soooo lucky! she got to kiss ronaldoooo!!! Shocked dream of every girlll

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Im not a Ronaldo fan yh she is lucky and oh yh SRK and Salman when I read that I was like WHAT?

And when Vivek did that conference I remember watching it on STAR News didn't like itThumbs Down

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

Marauders IF-Rockerz
Marauders
Marauders

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Im not a Ronaldo fan yh she is lucky and oh yh SRK and Salman when I read that I was like WHAT?

And when Vivek did that conference I remember watching it on STAR News didn't like itThumbs Down
abt the press conference, i knew bits n pieces but i just watched it for the first time a month ago. i was soo mad . i was like waah this is so childish n immature. well he got his karma, baaad LOL. but still this topic is very interesting...
when i read the srk- sallu i was HEARTBROKEN... Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.ruky786

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
The one that shocked me the most was the Vivek and Sallu issue! Esp since I was a fan of Vivek...I was kind of mad that he wasn't getting films because of this issue!

Thanks ruky. That was a nice article!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maraudersbamboocopterruky786

_Sano_ IF-Stunnerz
_Sano_
_Sano_

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
wow i didnt knew about the roshan

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786