Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I can tell everyone is still miffed about Uncle & Aunt and the constant torture meted out to Runjhun, and the horrifying precap, so let's shift focus from all of that, to the other element of yesterday's episode, which according to me, while it was small, carried a huge significance.

The scene between Kukkan, Jabbo & Guddu. As close as these three are, you can see that they really don't know much about each other, and have just accepted each other. Watching them today, you could see that they let down their guard a little, especially Jabbo when he revealed how he lost his mom.

His story about hating his name (I know a handful of people can relate to that), which eventually becomes his only connection and memory of his lost mother, so he can't bear to change it anyways.

I think watching that scene give you the feeling of how really lonely these three are. How much they crave the little love, but are never allowed to show it, because of who they are. I think these three share that sense of lonliness with Runjhun, and are orphaned in their own way.

Runjhun having lost her parents at such a young age doesn't know the love of parents, so for her her grandmother is like her mom. I know a lot of people felt like Runjhun shouldn't have gone back for her mother's photo, but that photo is all she has of her mother. Her only memory of her mother is of that photo, and it is also a point of consolation for her. The sentiment was too important, and sometimes are emotions make us do foolish things. I think one of the reasons Runjhun has put up with her aunts is that sense of gaining acceptance and love from them. Like she wants to believe that her aunts wouldn't want to purposely harm her...I think that perspective has changed now that they've tried to hurt the one person that has loved her.

Guddu, is self-orphaned. Isolating himself from those he loves, due to his past whatever that may be. Especially his mother, who he loves, and who loves him more than anything else in this world. He longs to be with his mother back into his life, but for some reason can't. His guilt or regret brings about his sense of loneliness and keeps him from the love of his mother.

I don't know the details of Kukkan's past but I think both he and Jabbo are lonely in the world, hence their attachment to Guddu who takes care of them. For them Guddu provides that sense of love and family to them, that they lack in their real life.

So in a way these characters have a sense of common emotions, and the common need of a little love, a little sense of belonging and of acceptance, which is one reason why the Guddu and Runjhun relationship when it comes about will be very meaningful, and in some ways will provide  the sense of belonging and love, not only for Guddu and Runjhun but also for Kukkan and Jabbo. I don't know if that makes sense...it sounds much better in my head than when written down.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree they all need is little luv
N i agree that this is common between gunjhun n their relationship will b meanigful ..its like they can connect wid the pain n lonleyness of eachother...
Hope they get togather sooooooooooooooooooooooooon
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
I absolutely loved that scene between the 3 friends.  They do share a common craving for love.  There is no doubt of Guddu's love for his mother.  (I love these characters: Guddu, Amma, Runjhun, K&J).  Runjhun has known love, its Amma's unconditional love for her granddaughter.  So I think R looks at her world from that perspective, that there is good in ppl's hearts!  I think when Runjhun enters the lives of these 3 male characters, the dynamics of their relationship will certainly change & I am looking forward to watching that change occur.  She will bring with her the goodness, the compassion, the kindness  that she has learnt from AMMA.  This series has alot going for it-the strong characters, the fable like feel to it, the background stories of the main characters, etc-there is tons that need exploring.   Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 13 years ago
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
i agree with tehzeeb they will definitely understand each other in all ways, let's just wait and watch...but kukkan, guddu and jabbo part was really well done....(i think we should have a name for kukkan and jabbo too) LOL
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
👏 ......... thanks for the awesome post ; Wafah ....

God .!... we needed it ... to divert ourselves from the horrendous torture meted out to Runjhun .....

So agree with what you said .....  the craving for love factor will bind GunJun together in a very deep and meaningful way ... and of course GunJun will draw K-J into their circle of love .......thus each of them fulfilling the other's need of relationship and love .....
nirubharya thumbnail
WWW - Wah Wafah Wah

What a beautiful way to describe theses characters. What you have written makes a lot of sense and conveys very good points. 

I also believe that after Guddu -Runzun's marriage not only there would be a loinvg relationship blossoming between the two but also a bond will develop between Runzun and Kukkan and  jabbo. tThey all will come to know of how badly Runzun has been treated by her relatives and K and J will also become protective of her like brothers.

Thanks for this post
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Wafah~ what you're sayin' totally makes sense!  I usually imagine Kukkan, Jabbo, Mahadevi, Runjhun & Guddu kinda as a family.  I mentioned Mahadevi because I've imagined her & Jabbo fallin' in love w/each other & they end up havin' a son.    Edited by edabella - 13 years ago
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I love your thoughts - it was a great observation.😊
NVBGKY thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great Job👏, wonderful insight into the complex character of the show, hope the CV's also give us some more background information on the character.
Prabhkallu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanak.hot

i agree with tehzeeb they will definitely understand each other in all ways, let's just wait and watch...but kukkan, guddu and jabbo part was really well done....(i think we should have a name for kukkan and jabbo too) LOL

Great idea! I always refer to them as the Kukkan&Jabbo- the comedian pair. 😆
Loves them.. They are good examples of loyal friends. 😊