Pot of Gold - AR[DMG] FF - Page 21

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Crazyy_Fan

Heyy :))
I srslyy lovedd d ending ;)
a tiny-winyy epilogue wud be nyc........

keep listening to such songzz ;))

Thank you :)

you know, i did consider an epilogue for this series at one point...so yeah...will see..if that ever materializes

Originally posted by bary

oh god its ended already,i am enjoying it a lot n it ended not fair but i think taste of goodness will last when it ended with it like a clever writer u ended it when people wanting more,appreciative
i love the last convo,pot of gold,indeed unique n lovely tittle
now i am expecting u to update pablo,i feel like ages n fo'sho when u updated next i should read it from the start
waiting for it,thanks for the small creative fiction
swetha

Thanks a lot for being a regular on this thread Swetha. Good to know you enjoyed the ending as well. Since this is done, I am back to writing the other two fics. Will update soon.

Aria
nyc but seems like oldies..retro style!!!
I've updated one of two of my reserved boxes (the one on Pg 22), and I'm hoping to get to the other one reasonably soon...sorry about the delay!
And I've now edited my box on Pg 24 too. 😊
aww brilliant short ff Aria! Such a soft ending to a very simple and unique ff. i really liked the 'normal' romance in this ff.

Your a brilliant writer. ya could be a author some day...  hehe just saying. i justlove ya way of writing. And your ideas are creative as well.

he knew what the three words left out at the end were– and he isn't!

^^wait what? were the three words the 3 words ILU or something else? cos it say 'he isn't' after it and i couldn't quite figure out whether the 3 words were what i initially thought they were. i think when someone says something about the special 3 words, i instantly think of ILU, cliche isn't it?

There is a river of feelings, in which every drop of water is a different feeling, and each feeling relies on all the others for its existence. To observe it, we just sit on the bank of the river and identify each feeling as if surfaces, flows by and disappears.

I love that^^ i actually noted it down. Its a very beautiful metaphor. It reminded me of a metaphor quite similar from a book called a thousand splendid suns..it was something along the lines of an earthquake which is so powerful really deep down and we only see a little bit of the power and damage...it compares with the feelings of pain inside someones heart. i think that connected with this metaphor about observing feelings from only the bank of the river, the closest we can get..

i don't quite know what i'm saying right now hhe

anyway i reallyenjoyed this ff! thanks Aria =)

looking forward to ya continuing the other ffs

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Nikhi...

Everyday I come home and say "I'm going to read the Aria's update and post a comment." But I just don't seem to be getting round to it.

So I'm simply going to make my presence felt by saying "Reserved."

Edit:

I know I'm considerably late with this comment. Sorry about that! But I'm here now! 😊

That feeling is mutual, late as I have been in my response to yours!! Just got caught up with one thing after another, and I hate responding in haste...yeah..I am weird that wayπŸ˜†

"Mary or Riddhima, whoever she was now." I can't help but wonder if this line had anything to so with my previous comment. (Btw, I hadn't meant that to sound quite as cheeky as it might have come across as. I was supposed to stick on a πŸ˜› or πŸ˜† at the end of that, but kind of forgot.)

Nah...it wasn't you trust me. Contrary to what you may think, I enjoyed all the speculations as they were discussed...that line was his point of view, unable to comprehend whether if she had really changed into a differnt person or whether Riddhima was just using Mary as a shield...

"Mary was different from Riddhima."But then this sort of answered my question. Riddhima and Mary may well look the same, and basically share the same body, but they have entirely different personalities. It's just not fair to call the girl working at the diner, Riddhima, or to call the reminiscing girl, Mary. To some extent, they're interchangeable, but their certainly not the same.

Yes, bother were different even though its essentially the same person...but people change over time...circumstances...or at least pretend to..eventhough they may actually be stuck at the same point in reality.

"Or that friendship he wished he hadn't let go of." Initially, I wondered if the friendship referred to Armaan and Riddhima, but I later realised that it was Armaan and Rahul. Rahul had always been a common factor between Riddhima and Armaan, and now that he wasn't there, Armaan and Riddhima had become Armaan and Mary.

Yea, on retrospection...he could have realised that things may have been a lot easier on all of them...its always easier to look back and weigh everything...but life had thrown them together once again, Rahul being the constant connection...

Why couldn't you have just carried on with this pretence!" On the contrary, I had first wondered "Why did they start this pretence in the first place?" But I soon realised that it wasn't that they were pretending for the sake of pretending, but rather that they were escaping from their pasts behind these masks. Within these few days, however, they'd come to a point where they were so comfortable with each other that they no longer needed these masks. Only, they still hadn't realised quite how comfortable they are in each other's presence.

This was always going to be an interesting aspect, why the pretence? and may seem like an unusal way to deal with everything..but taking into consideration the fact that they were meeting after so long...the idea that they start off as that way seemed very appealing...and likely given the history they shared..and also the point they each of them were in their respective lives..it just came naturally, i'd like to believe..but ofcourse that could only be carried on for so long. The defences had to crack ultimately, which they did.

"It was obvious to him, being with her the past few days, interacting with the fluctuating her, that if he was tired of running away, she was guilty of holding on too hard." There was a sort of irony to this line really. Armaan may have been the one running away, but in fact, he had come to her, and she was trying to stay away from him. And though he was trying to run away from all that he'd lost, he was running towards what he had found, the town's memories and Riddhima. Riddhima, however, was holding on to her memories, but was still trying to run away from them as Mary.

Spot on! This was the idea that I started off with, when I began writing this FF, two people who invaribly find eachother - and help the other to heal despite...each carrying thier own burden...the idea of an imperfect Armaan...may be that was the wrong word, more human perhaps...and not two dimensional as sookie claims most of  my of my other Armaan's are.

I've written this comment in bits, and late at night, so I'm not entirely sure that it makes sense. But I do know that I loved your update cent percent and that I'll miss this FF once I get round to reading the last part (which I'll hopefully get round to doing soon).

Thank you so much Nikhi. And I've said this on every comment of yours, but here again, it was a pleasure to read yours :) I will get to your comment for the last part very very soon.

tc
Aria
Originally posted by Nikhi...

I know I have yet to get back to my previous reserved box, and I'm hoping to do that in the next couple of days.

I'm reserving this box too, for the comment to this (Final 😲) part.

Edit:

I'm going to jump in straight with the quotes from this part:

"that was when Mary was born" Uff! This was such a powerful line. It gave quite a phoenix-like imagery to Mary's character. The fire had not only killed Rahul, but evidently, Riddhima too. But out of the ashes had come none other than Mary. Having said that, of course, I realise that Riddhima hadn't actually died; Armaan's taken care of that.

lol...phoenix like..just found that analogy really funny..but true..the fired did bring Mary into life and push back Riddhima somewhere from where only Armaan could retrieve her.. 

"May be it was time to heal, and time to move ahead for both of them, that's why fate had thrown them together once again." I can't actually pinpoint why I loved this line. Was it that it told us that Armaan and Riddhima would inevitably move on and be happy together? Or was it that it gave a sense of completeness, as it encompassed their past, their present and their future? I'm really not sure, but Aria, this was a beautiful line.

Given my preference for happy endings, I'd like to think that the line implies "Armaan and Riddhima would inevitably move on and be happy together"... yea, just the sense that after everything that happened in their lives, may be this chance meeting or not(!) could be the start of a turning point in their lives...a start of something new...and hopefully something happier :)

"how come, you are still here today'?" This made me wonder whether Armaan had questioned himself regarding this, at all, before Riddhima had asked him. I mean he'd convinced himself that he was here for Rahul, and he does later ponder over whether he's stayed because Mary is Riddhima (or vice versa). But until Riddhima had asked him, had that even crossed his mind?

Actually, the way I see it - he was here for Riddhima...may be he was aware of it or he was driven back to this town subconsciously after his own failures ... this was one time he was more honest with himself...finally owing up to the truth rather than running away from it...

"nothing was worth more than now" Riddhima had always lived in the past. It's why she'd decided to go back to the diner, and why she's become Mary. Armaan, however, had more often than not, thought about the future. He had moved away for his future's sake and he'd lost everything in New York because he'd invested in the future. But to be honest, they were both somewhat happier now than they had been for quite a while. There were together, in the present, in the now, and that was the source of their new found calm

absolutely, nothing beats being in the moment which is probably hardest to do...

"it's been the kind of reprieve which has inexplicably calmed me'" This, in a sense, follows on from what I said earlier. At this moment in time, despite all the emotional turmoil, and river of feelings, they'd reached a sort of tranquility. And this line just hit that point home brilliantly!

when he and to an extent even Riddhima - accepted reality and learnt to be in the present...i suppose they were able to deal with the demons of the past...

"my pot of gold'" I had wondered where your title might fit into the scheme of things. And I'm glad you chose to show it where you did. It really gave a lovely rounding off point to the FF. It was like the end of a rainbow. Only, it's not quite the end, is it? For Armaan and Riddhima, it's almost like a new beginning.

I mentioned somewhere in this thread how this one song was the starting point for this FF...and well  this one line was supposed to end it off...and hence everything was always building up towards this one point...when they go off into the sunset...towards the start of something new..

You know what I loved about your FF as a whole? There was so much subtlety in it. The Armaan-Riddhima love story was slow, and not in your face. It was always there, and as a reader, you knew they had a strong binding relationship. But it never really hit you until the very end. An absolutely fantastic FF Aria!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments in this thread Nikhi, I've enjoyed reading and interacting with you...as well as writing this FF, which was a sort of an experimentation but one which surprisingly was a lot of fun. Thank you once again.

tc
Aria
Originally posted by -Aliya-

aww brilliant short ff Aria! Such a soft ending to a very simple and unique ff. i really liked the 'normal' romance in this ff.

Your a brilliant writer. ya could be a author some day...  hehe just saying. i justlove ya way of writing. And your ideas are creative as well.

A writer! woah!! thats a huge one alright ....Thanks a lot Aliya for your generous compliments...just really enjoyed writing this FF😊

he knew what the three words left out at the end were' and he isn't!

^^wait what? were the three words the 3 words ILU or something else? cos it say 'he isn't' after it and i couldn't quite figure out whether the 3 words were what i initially thought they were. i think when someone says something about the special 3 words, i instantly think of ILU, cliche isn't it?
you know it took me forever to find this line...given this delay in responding to your comment..I understand what you mean, we've all been conditioned in ways to equate the phrase 'the three words' to ILU or something to that effectπŸ˜† yeah..some cliche eh!πŸ˜† but here he meant..the fact that she was trying to say Armaan was still there with her while Rahul wasnt :)...

There is a river of feelings, in which every drop of water is a different feeling, and each feeling relies on all the others for its existence. To observe it, we just sit on the bank of the river and identify each feeling as if surfaces, flows by and disappears.

I love that^^ i actually noted it down. Its a very beautiful metaphor. It reminded me of a metaphor quite similar from a book called a thousand splendid suns..it was something along the lines of an earthquake which is so powerful really deep down and we only see a little bit of the power and damage...it compares with the feelings of pain inside someones heart. i think that connected with this metaphor about observing feelings from only the bank of the river, the closest we can get..
I agree, I had to jot this down when I read it the first time as well - found it really beautiful and apt for this ff at this point so had to get in here somehow...this is a quote by a famous man whose name i forget nowπŸ˜† geee!

i don't quite know what i'm saying right now hhe

anyway i reallyenjoyed this ff! thanks Aria =)

looking forward to ya continuing the other ffs

Thanks a lot for being a regular in this thread Aliya. I've really enjoyed reading and responding to your comments.

tc
Aria

Edited by esquisse - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Azmii

Nice ss

Thank you :)