India-Forums

Can two women stay together amicably? (Page 2)

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kananya

The issue I have here is for every episode somebody is made a scapegoat and the others are glorified. Being human, everybody makes mistakes, but it starts to jar when only one person's flaws are highlighted over the other. This has been happening for every episode. When Jenny talks, no problem but when Sunita replies, she has no class. Actually my friend who started watching the show in the middle even had a doubt that why when Vaishnavi is so sophisticated, why are her in inlaws so lowclass?

Actually I did not like it when Vaishnavi told Raju that she has never seen such a boy who cries all the time. Raja kept quiet but I dont think any mother will keep quiet for such insensitive comments. He showed the anger on his kid instead of taking it on vaishnavi . Vaishnavi has issues with how the parents treat harshita why take it out on dhruv?

Every epi they make a scapegoat of the person it is easier to make a scapegoat of.... Sunita started the whole thing by referring to Jenny as ayah. When the mom-in-law objected, she should have understood that Jenny was regarded differently and let it be, but she kept going around in circles saying ayah, ayah.... After that Jenny disliked her and showed it. And everything the mom-in-law did after she threw Jenny out, I think I would have done the same.... Try to think of it this way-- you take part in a game show, the new woman comes in and as part of her rules starts beating up the mom-in-law, or throws her out of the house ! Is that acceptable? Should the son then not resist, or should he think chalo let it be for four days....Shocked Sunita thought of Jenny as the maid, but the mom-in-law clearly thought of her as a daughter, she did not like to see her daughter thrown out and declared war.... Sunita should have been prepared for it when taking such a big step.... her fault through and through....

Regarding Dhruv Vaishnavi was a bit harsh, but I think it makes sense not because of Harshita but because she felt Dhruv was getting spoilt with all the attention.... neglecting a kid is not good, but over-indulgence is not good either. She was trying to get that across.

Edited by atria - 18 February 2011 at 10:36am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

regallashivani003

ThisismyID Senior Member
ThisismyID
ThisismyID

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged

exactly! u just dont ask ppl to leave.jenny was clearly hurt!

as for the "class" of V's family..let me tell u one thing...if a family accepts someone else and make them a part of their family, treat them like a part of the family...that truly shows their class!

unlike some ppl who dont even treat the people of the house right!

I fully support MIL.
her husband was fine in the beginning but when he saw Sunita's true colours, he objected! which was right on his part! he stood up for what is right!
as for sunita's class...did you see the way she was swearing at them! geez!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003

kananya Newbie
kananya
kananya

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
OK guys chill! But the way the MIL shouted at her  smacked so much like a MIL's illtreatment , you can see sunita was always crying and upset.  That touched a raw nerve.  I have seen people abused in a similar way with MILs so I could not stomach it. Its painful to be like that too.

Anyway , each to his own. And no, I dont consider Vaishnavi's inlaws lowclass. I merely repeated what my friend said.

Vaishnavi is used to dealing with people on a day to day basis. She is a confident person and can handle things. On the other hand, Sunita is a housewife and looked a little crude too many times. I dont think she even felt confident enough to tackle them.  Though she came out agressive, I dont think she was too comfortable. My argument is why compare apples and oranges? You are pitting a less educated(It looked so), housewife against a celebrity. Who will come out better? Always the celebrity. In episodes, where both the participants were on a more or less equal footing, they both came out equally good or bad.

But educated or not, I dont support illtreatment of kids by anybody. But for the ME participants, they should atleast have a level playing field, where both participants are more or less equal. But I guess doing that would take away the masala of the show.
atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
See ultimately this is a show on TV, it needs TRPs and drama.... What would be the point of having two similar women change places? I can think of many of my friends in whose households I could fit in without much trouble and vice versae, if I were asked to stay at a place where everything is wildly different from my house, then the problems start. So obviously they have to choose different types of people. With the celebs they have so far followed the rule of a celeb v/s a celebs wife. This makes it interesting because usually the celebs wife has to pamper the celebs ego while the other woman would probably be less ready to do that since she is a celeb herself. Therefore you have clashes. For instance in the Apara-Sudesh case, maximum friction was with Apara (and she handled it well), while Sarita was actually relaxing. She did not come off as that bad, Sudesh came off as the jerk. In this particular case, our dear friend Sunita has way too much ego of her own, her family has serious problems, and I just find it hard to whip up any sympathy for her. Like Vaishnavi said, she got a shouting from the MIL and stopped eating and claims ki waha main mar jati to etc, and at home she bashes around her eight year old stepdaughter ! HUH !
Anyway, bottom line, one person is always going to come off as bad in this show, and while exaggerated, usually there's a grain of truth in that. In Sunita's case, she comes off as bad as she is, she might be worse in reality, so the MIL's shouting is okay by me.
Chill anyway, its just a show, and see they have achieved their purpose with this pairing. We haven't discussed any other pair as much as this one. TRPs huye na ! LOL

Edited by atria - 18 February 2011 at 9:22pm
kananya Newbie
kananya
kananya

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:58pm | IP Logged

Atria,

I guess like most of you must have done, I have seen Wifeswap UK when I was there and when a working woman and a housewife gets exchanged, they would show the housewife also living the life of a working woman. Like showing her going to office etc. Here, though the maa's are exchanged, they are not living as they would usually do. Though the working mom is getting to live the life of a housewife, on the other hand the housewife in the place of working lady is just given free time. Instead of that, please show us what the working woman does too.

Some how, I dont find the show being true to the actual concept.

Nach_Baliye Senior Member
Nach_Baliye
Nach_Baliye

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Neither Jenny nor MIL nor Vaishnavi nor Sunita were correct. Jenny's behavior was terrible, but I could understand her side because the first thing Sunita said was "Ayah" which touched a nerve. The MIL lost it when Sunita asked Jenny to go away - I kind of understood that as well. The MIL was too much, but she thought of Jenny like a daughter. Anyway, why kick Jenny out? If Jenny were a blood relative no way in hell would Sunita have kicked her out.

Sunita's sending Jenny away and calling names was bad. Vaishnavi was so taken with Harshita's ill-treatment that somehow she ended up discriminating against Druv herself. Druv was used to sleeping with his father - Vaishnavi snatched him up and made him sleep with her while Harshita slept with her father. That was just too much. All along she kept complaining about Druv and pampered Harshita - the tables were completely turned. She could have treated both equally at least or Harshita better without being mean to Druv.

Druv is just 3 years old. Its not his fault that his parents have brought him up to be spoiled. He was also missing his mom who probably pampered him a lot, and at that age kids do need a lot of attention. I was appalled with the way Vaishnavi expressed frustration with Druv and totally sidelined him. This should have been a slow process to make Druv understand that his sister is as important; instead he ended up resenting Harshita and feeling neglected and upset. I did not find Vaishnavi's behavior to be good. Every kid cries a lot, especially if he/she is away from the mother at such a young age, and if the father is now taking out his frustrations on you and doesn't pay as much attention anymore.

Vaishnavi came across better because she was educated and knows how to behave in front of cameras - none of the others did.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index