Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

REASON(s) for RBO's Fits n Starts !! (Page 3)

Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:11am | IP Logged
About the pic...I have had it for the 5 years I was on IF...dont remember from where I got it back then.

Do you really think that the line makes him denote seriousness and determination? !! I dont think so...we have seen Shaan determined loads of times earlier...nothing like this came out....the line was bad and was a misfit...

About publicity....I think we are talking about making the show a good one...If i remember correctly you yourself said RBO is better than a lot of shows....This "lot of shows" are above RBO on the charts...This has nothing to do with publicity...this topic I mean. Publicity is needed no doubt but you are bringing in the question of publicity as a wrong defence.

And yes I agree with Saaz that your previous topic gave an impression that Rajen track was working in favor of RBO...and we needed to have two parallel love stories to bring out the difference. Love stories are best when plain and simple...without comparisons and complications.

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:18am | IP Logged
@Tanthya...only going to be addressing publicity because just have an additional point to Souma really...

YES...there was HUGE HUGE publicity before the SR going into the Rock On...but end of the day...they just did not deliver...so the ones who came post SR hype left...a lot of people actually came watched old shanak scenes on YT and then said..hello cannot relate to this track and left

actually Tanthya...dont mind me saying this,,,you should check out CCorner 1, 2, we had had some fabulous discussions around all of these issues then on those threads....I mean just fabulous...sensible, to the point without any ranting....to me post golden RBO gave birth to Golden CCorner...LOL.. a lot of questions you raise in your posts actually have already been dealt with thereBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Souma.N

About the pic...I have had it for the 5 years I was on IF...dont remember from where I got it back then.

Do you really think that the line makes him denote seriousness and determination? !! I dont think so...we have seen Shaan determined loads of times earlier...nothing like this came out....the line was bad and was a misfit...

About publicity....I think we are talking about making the show a good one...If i remember correctly you yourself said RBO is better than a lot of shows....This "lot of shows" are above RBO on the charts...This has nothing to do with publicity...this topic I mean. Publicity is needed no doubt but you are bringing in the question of publicity as a wrong defence.

And yes I agree with Saaz that your previous topic gave an impression that Rajen track was working in favor of RBO...and we needed to have two parallel love stories to bring out the difference. Love stories are best when plain and simple...without comparisons and complications.

I am not saying that it makes him serious and determined, that it was supposed to denote seriousness n determination...we have seen Shan  playing the determined charcater , with a BG playing ..but this time it is more of an oath ..I suppose that's why the need for a grandiose words !!

This "Lots of shows" are above RBO bec of the fact that they are constantly in news  or bec of the fact that the leads are constantly giving interviews or PH's are talking to the media  ......

I am trying to figure out why and where RBO is slipping [ despite having actors who can act, despite having innovative creators and  adequate directors]  and  Publicity is a factor just like the Dialogues ...and I am not defending, nor do I find the need to defend..I am expressing my views ..That's it ...

I realize now, you meant a older post re Rajen, I did not say Rajen was working in the favor of the serial, I said that Rajen cannot be avoided, since this is the trend that is happening across the shows ...Hope this clears that erroneous perception !!
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

@Tanthya...only going to be addressing publicity because just have an additional point to Souma really...

YES...there was HUGE HUGE publicity before the SR going into the Rock On...but end of the day...they just did not deliver...so the ones who came post SR hype left...a lot of people actually came watched old shanak scenes on YT and then said..hello cannot relate to this track and left

actually Tanthya...dont mind me saying this,,,you should check out CCorner 1, 2, we had had some fabulous discussions around all of these issues then on those threads....I mean just fabulous...sensible, to the point without any ranting....to me post golden RBO gave birth to Golden CCorner...LOL.. a lot of questions you raise in your posts actually have already been dealt with thereBig smile

Saaz , there was a huge huge publicity for a limited time on certain tracks...and once the track ended or the interesting segment ended, viewer's switched ...but the PH house never consciously  promoted  Brand Shanak, There  never was periodic interviews  of Shanak..An attempt was not made to create a loyal  base for Shanak ..[ Ppl still talk abou Michi, Prmeer,kusum-Abhay, Tulsi-Mihir ..and not about the dialogues of the  respective serials] ... ..This  is one of the reason for the never increasing TRP ..

CCorner ??? ..critics or creative ??
Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged
So glad you agreed that it was "supposed" to show him determined but failed it do so....

That is exactly why many people want the old writers back...so that the "supposed to " doesn't remain "supposed to" but actually comes across.

RBO needs to have individuality....if at every point we say that so and so happens in another show so nothing wrong if it happens in RBO. If that's the case then why don't we shift to those other shows itself??!!!

I agree that RBO needs publicity...what I said is that your asking for publicity to revive the show comes at a wrong place. This topic seemed to be addressing the quality issues of RBO ..what role does publicity play in quality????I dint think we were talking about popularity . Or may be again this is an erroneous perception.

Edited by Souma.N - 18 February 2011 at 4:37am
tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
@ tanthya

CC = critics' corner

If u go to the 1st page of the current CC (no.5), u can find links to previous CC (1-4).

hope this helps.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanthya

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Fantastic topic Sathya and I share your sentiments tooSmile.....Though the Goradiya's wrote awesome dailogues, they were part of a team effort and this must not be forgotten....Aswell as the other facts such as, production, promotion and the casts personal circimstances with affect the show....

I have commented on you post too.....

Originally posted by tanthya

Hello Friends ,

Another Post, another query .....Why is there so much obsession over Goradiya's ...if one reads the post , one would assume that  the Goradiyas have to just return [ we just have to see their name on the credits ] and  RBO will get magical again Confused...
The magica was crested by the whole team....For me personally it was from ShaNak and how YashAran portrayed themStar....Again with the support of story, dailogue and direction....

Were they the sole upholders of RBO magic , Did not others have a share in that so called Golden period.....what were the directors doing, what were the script writers doing ??  I would say RBO was backed by  witty dialogues, brilliant direction and good creative inputs.
I agreeThumbs Up......

As for as I can see, RBO still shows its flashes of brilliance, although not consistent and the creativity still exists as can be seen in the creation of the character "Mummy" and the beautiful love story told through a puppet show .   IMO , dialogue is not the sole reason for its wobble, but choppy direction too contributes ...There has been a certain laxity..earlier there was an eye for detail but now the hawks eye is missing but Above all ...and more than the dialogues ....it is the DIRECTION that needs to be corrected ....Either the director is not confident or is being pressured into doing things inconsistent with the serial ..Hence such a lackadaisical approach.

I think the pressure from the channel and trying to incorperate new members to the established cast, has been part of this problem...But like you said, the have been pleasant suprises along the way too....Call me superficial, but ShaNak's romance during the music track was adorable....K-family never fail to entertain....Anand and Dulwahdhi etc....Even I think the director needs to be brave, perhaps the channel don't want them to get too serious, who knows.....I even posted somewhere about this.....

Also the Editing, the two tracks are not blending in...there is a distinct  differentiation and it mars our aesthetic sense and jolts us out of the spell leaving us dissatisfied.

Posted about this a few weeks back....IFssy, even posted this to the editor of the show....I think time and the six-day schedule is the problem here....I don't notice it so much anymore....

Bottomline Friends, The current  RBO may not be the golden RBO of the yore, But it still is way better than many shows that are being currently  aired and  in my opinion should be in the Top 10 bracket..... Poor PR ,lack of publicity  . no segments on afternoon preview shows [unlike some serials which almost always comes daily on this shows] has lead to this atrophy ....Even when they come for interviews , it is more often as KT or YM and they have never been promoted as SHANAK.....The need of the hour is promotion, which will lead to good TRP which in turn will build up the  shaky confidence..

1000000% agreeClap.....We all do....So many people people post about this everyday, on the Star One site, FB and IF....Channels are bais towards a chosen number of show and production houses....Ignoring Odhani....It's through word of mouth and dedicated fans that ShaNak were amongst the top ten jodis 2010, in the Times of India....The interviews point has also been raised time and time again....Thank goodness atleast IF regularly has articles realted to our show.....

Am leaving you with a song, where there is no dialogue...and relies only on Shanak and direction...just observe the magic, the humor and also the creativity ...[esp in the begining part..there will be a whoosh noise twice in the song part, the director uses this noise quite cleverly,  when it comes the first time, Shan will push the curtains, and second time around , the light will switch on ....]
ShaNak are the magic of the show....And YashAran create that on screen....Loved this sequence....It was not just a song squence, but you could see ShaNak actually conversing through the song....You could see the magic through their interactionBig smileClapStar.....

watch n enjoy and do leave your comments !! Loved watch it again and enjoyed replying to your post tooBig smile.....

Edited by The_May_Rose - 18 February 2011 at 4:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Rupali.tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Souma.N

So glad you agreed that it was "supposed" to show him determined but failed it do so....

That is exactly why many people want the old writers back...so that the "supposed to " doesn't remain "supposed to" but actually comes across.

thats the reason why a good director is needed , one who realizes that the scene is not giving the right impression

RBO needs to have individuality....if at every point we say that so and so happens in another show so nothing wrong if it happens in RBO. If that's the case then why don't we shift to those other shows itself??!!!

RBO has individuality..The problem is that individuality is not marketed very well ..It is not the case of why we are not shifting, it is the case of why RBO is not reaching  across a wide spectrum ..[ even during the so called Golden Period ]

I agree that RBO needs publicity...what I said is that your asking for publicity to revive the show comes at a wrong place. This topic seemed to be addressing the quality issues of RBO ..what role does publicity play in quality????I dint think we were talking about popularity . Or may be again this is an erroneous perception.

I am quite intrigued to know why RBO is slipping in TRP's, why is there a constant dipping and climbing ?? ...why is RBO not making any inroads ?/ why is it not getting popular .....Is it bec of dialogues [ as many say], is it bec of acting, is it bec of direction ....

Go to top