Rang Badalti Odhani

REASON(s) for RBO's Fits n Starts !!

tanthya thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hello Friends ,

Another Post, another query .....Why is there so much obsession over Goradiya's ...if one reads the post , one would assume that  the Goradiyas have to just return [ we just have to see their name on the credits ] and  RBO will get magical again πŸ˜•...

Were they the sole upholders of RBO magic , Did not others have a share in that so called Golden period.....what were the directors doing, what were the script writers doing ??  I would say RBO was backed by  witty dialogues, brilliant direction and good creative inputs.

As for as I can see, RBO still shows its flashes of brilliance, although not consistent and the creativity still exists as can be seen in the creation of the character "Mummy" and the beautiful love story told through a puppet show .   IMO , dialogue is not the sole reason for its wobble, but choppy direction too contributes ...There has been a certain laxity..earlier there was an eye for detail but now the hawks eye is missing but Above all ...and more than the dialogues ....it is the DIRECTION that needs to be corrected ....Either the director is not confident or is being pressured into doing things inconsistent with the serial ..Hence such a lackadaisical approach.

Also the Editing, the two tracks are not blending in...there is a distinct  differentiation and it mars our aesthetic sense and jolts us out of the spell leaving us dissatisfied.

Bottomline Friends, The current  RBO may not be the golden RBO of the yore, But it still is way better than many shows that are being currently  aired and  in my opinion should be in the Top 10 bracket..... Poor PR ,lack of publicity  . no segments on afternoon preview shows [unlike some serials which almost always comes daily on this shows] has lead to this atrophy ....Even when they come for interviews , it is more often as KT or YM and they have never been promoted as SHANAK.....The need of the hour is promotion, which will lead to good TRP which in turn will build up the  shaky confidence..

Am leaving you with a song, where there is no dialogue...and relies only on Shanak and direction...just observe the magic, the humor and also the creativity ...[esp in the begining part..there will be a whoosh noise twice in the song part, the director uses this noise quite cleverly,  when it comes the first time, Shan will push the curtains, and second time around , the light will switch on ....]

watch n enjoy and do leave your comments !!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMN4xwFXMQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by tanthya - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Well said, Tanthya!!

Its a matter of all the vital ingredients gelling or coming together and in the right doses...Taali sirf ek haath se nahin bajti!!:)

Simi
.Rupali. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
"Either the director is not confident or is being pressured into doing things inconsistent with the serial ..Hence such a lackadaisical approach."

."The need of the hour is promotion, which will lead to good TRP which in turn will build up the  shaky confidence.."

I completely agree with whatever U said....but these were the points I would like to highlight.....

A certain miss.K ran shows for years with crapy and repetative storyline, dialouges , with actors who didn't know what acting is...and much more....but never cared about changing anything in them......the main reason...the show gathering "good TRP's".......

RBO is far far better...its unique...not a repetative story seen in almost all the serials and above all....has the "best" protagonists who can actually "act" ...
this show deserves much more than whatever its been getting.

moral of the story: Star one needs to promote RBO and not simply ignore it.😑

p.s. I too want them to hire the Goradiya's backπŸ˜†

SHANAKFAN thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
yaar saara kasur channel ka hai jo show ko promote nahi kar raha ...dats why regularly we r asking 4 promos n repeats but they r not at all interested,why so dont know but den also we will continuously going to ask dem 4 promos n repeats...
jyothi1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i completely agree with u we should not give the credit to only garodiya for his dialogues it was a combine effort of all the people cvs,director every one/ yes there is lack of consistency but they have never disappointed us in there creative thinking be it the puppet scene shaan entry and all they are thinking way to different than the other show not showing same old shit. plzz give credit for that at least rather than shouting to bring the writer back yes i knw it will add to our show but whatever we have we must be satisfied with it .who know wht were the circumstances which led to leave the show for him so guys .
OlicityFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i just hope we get our normal RBO.....wid rahul settling into the picture unlike rite now.........everything around him is mysterious!!...

@sathya - d scene u posted.....*dies....goes to heaven...meets d other shanak fans who died after watching this scene....*
thnx sathya for the post!
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This is a public discussion forum..so but obviously every person here has a different take ..a differnt perspective and a different solution.

The puppet show for example...may have worked for a certain section of the audience but failed to leave a mark/impress another set. For me it lacked that magic..the lines gives to portray Shanak's story was flat and needed some substance. Concept wise it was good...but not well implemented. They could have done much better.

I agree getting a certain writer back may not revive RBO..."may" not..but there are equal chances of it working...come to think of it. If he created magic with his lines once..there is no reason he cant do so again.

I agree a lot of things go into making a good show..not just dialogue...it requires good direction..editing ..screenplay etc etc etc....but the improvement has to start from one corner right? So why not by bringing the old writers back?

I agree RBO is much better than certain other shows on television today...but it is not itself..not the show we fell in love with...and just cause its better it does not mean we give up trying to make it the best right?

The period of RBO before the ILU track was golden because the magic was conssitent..kept you mesmerized...Magic when in bits and pieces..ceases to have the same effect.

saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dialogues are a very very important part of golden RBO...not only the lines 'said' but also lines 'thought' by characters....the dialogues made the characters and also developed them to what and who they were during the Golden RBO phase....

In fact, today there are several problems with RBO...several..and its not only dialogues, frankly its everything...including art direction (the set of dhulwaadi now resembles a set in a playact theatre..so fake with not enough fluff to create magic)  and direction itself....take the shanak scene of last night...the shaan e elaan moment..where he says main shanatanu khandelwal ...tum khanak shanatanu khandelwal....frannkly the reason the dialogue and its execution was OTT is because the lines are not true to character at alll.....so while generally your statement regarding other things are more important too is right....the revival will have to begin with writing...because that is how stories are told...by writing...and that is why Golden RBO is Golden...because its beginnings -- its writing was golden....good dialogues then delivered with panache and directed by a good masterhand....

Goradiyas are very much loved exactly for that....they may not be the center of it all, however are the base of it all which then good actors, good directors, good costumes, make-up and everything was built on......so mera Halla bol jaari hai....

Tanthya ,, your posts are interesting ...this is second one I am posting on...but must say your rajen scenes imitating shanak confused me a bit....when I had first read it - it seemed like you were saying rajen was reviving the show and then when I was preparing a reply, you seemed to have and edited it completely to state that you were not convinced...that post baffled me a bit....πŸ˜•
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: saaaz

Dialogues are a very very important part of golden RBO...not only the lines 'said' but also lines 'thought' by characters....the dialogues made the characters and also developed them to what and who they were during the Golden RBO phase....

In fact, today there are several problems with RBO...several..and its not only dialogues, frankly its everything...including art direction (the set of dhulwaadi now resembles a set in a playact theatre..so fake with not enough fluff to create magic)  and direction itself....take the shanak scene of last night...the shaan e elaan moment..where he says main shanatanu khandelwal ...tum khanak shanatanu khandelwal....frannkly the reason the dialogue and its execution was OTT is because the lines are not true to character at alll.....so while generally your statement regarding other things are more important too is right....the revival will have to begin with writing...because that is how stories are told...by writing...and that is why Golden RBO is Golden...because its beginnings -- its writing was golden....good dialogues then delivered with panache and directed by a good masterhand....

Goradiyas are very much loved exactly for that....they may not be the center of it all, however are the base of it all which then good actors, good directors, good costumes, make-up and everything was built on......so mera Halla bol jaari hai....

Tanthya ,, your posts are interesting ...this is second one I am posting on...but must say your rajen scenes imitating shanak confused me a bit....when I had first read it - it seemed like you were saying rajen was reviving the show and then when I was preparing a reply, you seemed to have and edited it completely to state that you were not convinced...that post baffled me a bit....πŸ˜•

Lines in bold..bang on!!!πŸ‘

Mein Shantanu Khandelwal ...was too OTT because Shaan would never have said such a thing...atleast the Shaan that was shown to us previously.

There seems to be a major disconnect somewhere...in the characterizations!
SidNeeti-fan thumbnail
love love love ur postπŸ‘

i thot dhulwadi track wud b able to bring bak golden Rbo but alas dat doesnt seem to b d case coz shanak arent given those kind of beautiful moments...loved d chori chori sequence to death...missing golden RBOπŸ˜”