India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

CVs: What's the plan?

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

No, I'm not writing this because I'm on some negative train. I'm writing this because I've been thinking hard about the show. There are things that need to be said, pointed out. For as long as Jayesh Patil was on board, I had a safe feeling about the show ' mainly because the show itself continued on a brilliant track. Each episode was meaningful, each action or conversation had a purpose that would lead to some incident later on. There was a fine thread throughout every single episode that held the show together, giving it depth and substance.

That thread has been slipping for the past two months.

Don't get me wrong. The actors deliver brilliant performances. Mishal, specifically, is what still keeps this show alive, away from crumbling. But the director and CVs have not delivered. That disturbs me and makes it harder for me to enjoy the new episodes. So I've narrowed my concerns down to some simple questions for the CVs:

Do you know where you're going with this show?

Do you have an actual planned story-line, or are you dragging it with this potential love-triangle because you don't have a planned story-line?

To me, it seems that the CVs have strayed. Pre-January, LTL was about character-development. It was the focus on character-development and the relationships between those characters that made the show special. It's what drove the show. But recently, drama and suspense have been driving it ' as much as I've tried, I cannot seem to accept it and move on.

Now, I have a feeling that I'm watching the end. There's no in depth character-development, the CVs and director are rushing through the scenes without any time for each character. We have an entire family locked up in a store room ' why not show what's going through their heads instead of showing Sudarshan driving around for days on end and threatening Dutta's picture? Not so long ago, the CVs and director took time to focus on characters in each scene they had.

I'm wondering if it's really necessary to drag the show on with a pointless track such as a love-triangle. It doesn't develop Dutta's character, but only adds drama, nothing more. Where are the CVs who saw a purpose with everything that happened in Dutta's life? A deeper purpose. For instance; his journey in the jungle, his journey throughout realizing who his real father was, and how that changed his entire identity. A typical thing such as a love-triangle is far from worthy of LTL and the characters' time.

There is still so much that can be done with the show, with Dutta's character, his relationship to Naku and every other character on the show. In plain speech, my point is that there are so many layers to Dutta's character. His journey is far from over ' in fact, it has only begun.

- There's the potential power struggle between Dutta and Kala. What will he do? How will it forever change their relationship?

- There's the question of whether he can become a father. Will he become anxious about the woman's foreshadowing that he will have no children? Will that make him overprotective of Naku?

- There's the fact that he wants to settle down with Naku. What will that do to his image when it comes to the outside world? Will it make him seem weak? Will that put him and his family in an even greater danger? Will he decide to continue the dhanda in order to keep his family safe? Will he be able to uphold his power over Patilwadi?

- What about his relationship to Madhu? The sister that he just found. They could develop this relationship further yet. She must have a past. Perhaps it's one that he, as her brother, must also come to terms with?

- What about Naku's past? There's a story there to tell as well. What if people from her past showed up? For instance, Morey? Would Dutta become overprotective of her? How would incidents from her past change their relationship?

- What about Naku's sister? What if she returned, but in a negative role, jealous and bitter, a bit like Kala?

- What about his own past? Innocents must've died by his hand. What if their families came to haunt him? Became his enemies?

- How much do we really know about Dutta's dhanda and his enemies? There could be many stories to tell there as well.

In the end, the CVs decide to focus on a love-triangle.

I'm missing the depth, the substance, of this show. It has simply vanished in the past two months. They spent so much time dragging Naku through her Don-avatar, but they didn't care to focus on Dutta's struggle as blind. Now they're considering a love-triangle.

I'd like to know:

- Is Mishal staying?
- Is LTL ending?
- If not, do the CVs have a plan?
- Will it sustain LTL's essence? Will it return to its in depth character-development?

I think that these are quite simply questions that Colors/CVs could answer. I think that they are answers that we've deserved, don't you?

Edited by Elysia - 17 February 2011 at 2:09pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

merunkohamLaTuLamahalaxmikvahgardramagodivya17-7ziksCrystal29captkirkneets_ltlPooja_219ivy_11rainurubalDoodle.Sidrasmile.sara

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Ana 
you have given a cvs a big headache :p
hahahha will come back and drop my comments later 
btw brilliant post 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiAniElysia

rainurubal IF-Rockerz
rainurubal
rainurubal

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
hey Ana , nice post and yeah the cvs should get some lessons from you

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Elysia

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Yeah, well, I'm still waiting for that press release that Colors promised us days ago.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ivy_11rainurubal

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
There's the potential power struggle between Dutta and Kala. What will he do? How will it forever change their relationship?

There's the fact that he wants to settle down with Naku. What will that do to his image when it comes to the outside world? Will it make him seem weak? Will that put him and his family in an even greater danger? Will he decide to continue the dhanda in order to keep his family safe? Will he be able to uphold his power over Patilwadi?

How much do we really know about Dutta's dhanda and his enemies? There could be many stories to tell there as well.

Your train of thoughts is interesting Ana. The above has so much potential because it would allow us to understand Dutta the husband/family man and Dutta Bhao. The rest of the tracks are somewhat clutching at straws. I'll tell you why. The whole Madhu thing- I think is something completely brushed under the carpet now. I would be really surprised if the CVs choose to explore that in the near future. Why? Because she has been given the back seat so much now, literally mute in scenes, that to focus on their sibling r'ship would seem hilariously abrupt. Plus, Dutta would want to focus on the other r'ships he has grown up with- does he mend them? How does he attend to Suds/Leela and Kishore/Kala broken r'ships?

A lot of people want Morey back. But Tasha's r'ship is so strong now, no hurdle can come in between. To be honest, I don't think I would want to go though Naku giving an explanation as to her past or have Morey turn up to solidfy her reasons for applying kajal on her face. Tasha have gone through so much, I don't think Dutta would need Morey in his face. Tasha can have a chat. But even that would seem like a way of justifying something. I don't want Naku's sister to come along. Don't need that. I somewhat believe that even if the CVs planned out to have this story of Naku the girl from the basti who hid her beauty, the direction IMO has changed to 2 people saving each other, with Dutta's story holding more potential.

Regarding innocent people dying at Dutta's hand, that would ruin his image of Dutta Bhao the saviour. I couldn't stomach someone with revenge on their mind, torturing him, would be too filmy.

A love triangle sucks I know. You know, since D's accident I don't know how I've managed to sit through watching Tashaless episodes but I have. I've had to witness some weird moments (Naku Bhao, Baji turns puppet, Seema's blondnness, Dutta's inability to get a move on). Plus the editing glitches. But i've perserved and watched each episode. And now Im going to witness something beautiful.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDR-Roopa-Crystal29AbhiAniPooja_219rainurubalDoodleElysia.Sidrasmile.saraMrsKhan

rainurubal IF-Rockerz
rainurubal
rainurubal

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

Yeah, well, I'm still waiting for that press release that Colors promised us days ago.
well,to be honest i dont believe in this channels, sometimes they tell the thruth and sometime they themselves hide the truth

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Elysia

Crystal29 Goldie
Crystal29
Crystal29

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Great topic, Elysia! I have been thinking of this for quite some time now.

I think their plan now is to earn the TRPs and keep them! All this drama, suspense and running around is giving them higher TRPs! 

With respect to the depth in the show, I am waiting for Tasha to meet to see if the depth still exists or not. It is always in Tasha scenes that I have seen the real beauty of the characters of Dutta and Nakku play out. So if that still exists, then it is all good for me. We will know that soon as they are going to meet maybe tomm or next week. About other characters in the show, maybe after the Tasha reunion, each will get their time!

As a viewer, from what I have seen on screen paired with all the articles/rumors that we see, This is what I decipher! Due to all the hulla-ghulla happening around the character of Dutta staying or not, he was put on the backseat in the show...They made him immobile and blind. They experimented with Nakku being in power and then Kala being in power. I don't know what the outcome for them was but for me it was not great. I enjoyed parts of it but did not like parts of it. The main reason may be because I see this show "only" for Dutta and Tasha. Anything that takes the limelight away from them, I am not very interested. But it need not be the same for everyone. So, many would have liked this phase.

After all the experimenting, I think/hope that they would have by now understood that all other characters in this show revolve around Dutta and if they make him weak, they don't have much to show. 

Since the Seema track was introduced, it was thought to be for the sole purpose of Dutta forgiving Seema and leaving behind his prejudice about beauty and dhokaas so that he can forgive Nakku. It did not play out like that at all. That would have been Dutta's character development in the true sense. Instead Dutta forgave Nakku in just one sentence in one episode. I am not complaining about it, but there should have been more importance to that in this track rather than Nakku roaming around searching for Dutta... What started as Dutta's journey to cleaning himself of his past turned out to be anything but that!

But I love that we are at the end of it right now. It did not turn out to be that bad and it did become interesting from last week's special episode.

I think they will get back to all the tracks you had listed which has loads of potential after this. I am not worried about the love triangle right now..Seema is a very weak character. She cannot be brought in between such strong characters like Dutta, Nakku and their love. Just like how Kala can just create problems for Tasha, Seema too might turn evil. But I don't have any high hopes on that character or the actress playing it.

Lets hope for the best! Sorry for the long post, I had to get it outEmbarrassed

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

vahgardivya17-7neets_ltl-Roopa-AbhiAniPooja_219ivy_11rainurubalElysia.Sidrasmile.saraMrsKhan

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Your train of thoughts is interesting Ana. The above has so much potential because it would allow us to understand Dutta the husband/family man and Dutta Bhao. The rest of the tracks are somewhat clutching at straws. I'll tell you why. The whole Madhu thing- I think is something completely brushed under the carpet now. I would be really surprised if the CVs choose to explore that in the near future. Why? Because she has been given the back seat so much now, literally mute in scenes, that to focus on their sibling r'ship would seem hilariously abrupt. Plus, Dutta would want to focus on the other r'ships he has grown up with- does he mend them? How does he attend to Suds/Leela and Kishore/Kala broken r'ships?

I don't want the CVs to mainly focus on Dutta and Madhu's relationship, but it would be nice to have it in the sideline, just as we had a few rare moments between them pre-MuteMadhu. But yes, I'd like to see how he attends the other broken relationships.

A lot of people want Morey back. But Tasha's r'ship is so strong now, no hurdle can come in between. To be honest, I don't think I would want to go though Naku giving an explanation as to her past or have Morey turn up to solidfy her reasons for applying kajal on her face. Tasha have gone through so much, I don't think Dutta would need Morey in his face. Tasha can have a chat. But even that would seem like a way of justifying something. I don't want Naku's sister to come along. Don't need that. I somewhat believe that even if the CVs planned out to have this story of Naku the girl from the basti who hid her beauty, the direction IMO has changed to 2 people saving each other, with Dutta's story holding more potential.

Definitely. Dutta's story holds more potential, but - forgetting Morey - there's a great deal about Naku's past that Dutta knows nothing about. If he came to know about it, how would he deal and how would it develope their relationship? That's a question that I'd like to know the answer to.

Regarding innocent people dying at Dutta's hand, that would ruin his image of Dutta Bhao the saviour. I couldn't stomach someone with revenge on their mind, torturing him, would be too filmy.

I don't think that it would ruin his image. In fact, I think that it would add even more depth to his character. How would he deal with people whose lives he has ruined? Be it an accident. He's always had an issue regarding himself. A sort of self-hatred. Naku soothed him, but he still doubts himself - and having to face his own past would be a journey I'd like to watch.

A love triangle sucks I know. You know, since D's accident I don't know how I've managed to sit through watching Tashaless episodes but I have. I've had to witness some weird moments (Naku Bhao, Baji turns puppet, Seema's blondnness, Dutta's inability to get a move on). Plus the editing glitches. But i've perserved and watched each episode. And now Im going to witness something beautiful.

I hope so. Speaking of filmy, the Tasha moment of him writing her name on the wall, having her run on coals for him - it all seems filmy and a bit Tashaless to me. The only thing that grips me when I watch those scenes is Mishal and Mahi's acting. Had it been anyone else in their stead, I might've laughed.

I think that the CVs need to think hard about the characters and LTL's characteristics. They have some things terribly wrong. With a director who shoots from some funny - and really not exciting angles - it only adds to the awkwardness of scenes.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vahgarneets_ltlPooja_219rainurubal

Go to top