Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SAAT KHOON MAAF Reviews ( Times of India ) (Page 37)

safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovePC

Originally posted by TheLioness

Originally posted by eraser

^^ lovePC, its just that the Indian audience isnt used to seeing these dark, layered, mysterious, subtle type of movies so yeah. I knew it wouldnt be accepted wholeheartedly. Sad, but true. 

SKM is the only movie that i wanted becaome hit, i don't care about Don2 and Agnepath, Karissh too, cuz PC had great role in SKM! Only for her sake i wanted this movie to became hit! But now all  my hope pani mainCry! I really dn't think she will have great role in Don2, Agnepath and Kriish 2, if the movie bacame hits it will only cuz of the heroes! I,m really not looking forward to all these three movies!

Hug

I need a tight a hug, movie PC ki flop hui hai aur doukh mujhe kyun ho raha haiCry! Kal se mujhe kush acha nahi lagra hai! Kyun mujhe itna dukh ho raha hai?
HugHugHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

lovePC, I know what you mean! I wanted the movie to work, but somewhere I was always very unsure about this movie's BO standing..tbh I didn't expect it to be a hit..none of Visha's movies are hits..and they're aimed for certain audiences, not for the masses. A lot of people find his movies too boring which is okay. Everyone has their own tastes and preferances.

Also, woman-centric movies hardly work..NOKJ is an exception but thats a commercial movie with its own masala..7KM on the other hand is dark, subtle..

As long as Priyanka is appreciated for the most part, its ok even if the movie isn't a hit :)

HugHug

Ok screw the BO result, as long PC is appreciated, i will considerate SKM as HITSmile!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

turqoisedresssafeplacetoland

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by eraser

^^ lovePC, its just that the Indian audience isnt used to seeing these dark, layered, mysterious, subtle type of movies so yeah. I knew it wouldnt be accepted wholeheartedly. Sad, but true. 

SKM is the only movie that i wanted becaome hit, i don't care about Don2 and Agnepath, Karissh too, cuz PC had great role in SKM! Only for her sake i wanted this movie to became hit! But now all  my hope pani mainCry! I really dn't think she will have great role in Don2, Agnepath and Kriish 2, if the movie bacame hits it will only cuz of the heroes! I,m really not looking forward to all these three movies!

Hug

I need a tight a hug, movie PC ki flop hui hai aur doukh mujhe kyun ho raha haiCry! Kal se mujhe kush acha nahi lagra hai! Kyun mujhe itna dukh ho raha hai?
HugHugHug

I'm pming you right now!

safeplacetoland

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
I watched it, and loved it too. thoughts are scattered right now. will write a review once I get all the layers piled up properly in my head. for now, I'd rate it 3.75/5. 

p.s - I don't understand why everyone's crying over the film's BO status. I can't speak for other multiplexes but the one I went to was completely full, and it was an 11 pm show.

Edited by CZ.. - 19 February 2011 at 1:25pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-turqoisedress....Poojie....safeplacetoland

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chocolover89

lovePC, I know what you mean! I wanted the movie to work, but somewhere I was always very unsure about this movie's BO standing..tbh I didn't expect it to be a hit..none of Visha's movies are hits..and they're aimed for certain audiences, not for the masses. A lot of people find his movies too boring which is okay. Everyone has their own tastes and preferances.

Also, woman-centric movies hardly work..NOKJ is an exception but thats a commercial movie with its own masala..7KM on the other hand is dark, subtle..

As long as Priyanka is appreciated for the most part, its ok even if the movie isn't a hit :)

HugHug

Ok screw the BO result, as long PC is appreciated, i will considerate SKM as HITSmile!
That's the spirit! Smile 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-safeplacetoland

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

I watched it, and loved it too. thoughts are scattered right now. will write a review once I get all the layers piled up properly in my head. for now, I'd rate it 3.75/5. 

p.s - I don't understand why everyone's crying over the film's BO status. I can't speak for other multiplexes but the one I went to was completely full, and it was an 11 pm show.

OMG i'm so waiting for your review, i wanna more detail about PC performance!

eraser

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

Box Office: Saat Khoon Maaf & Patiala House collections update

HETAL ADESARA 19 FEBRUARY , 2011
0digg

RELATED VIDEOS
Shah Rukh Khan speaks about Priyanka's upcoming movie Saat Khoon Maaf 
[continue watch]
Priyanka Chopra: My character in 7 Khoon Maaf transitions from 20 - 65 years 
[continue watch]
Priyanka Chopra promotes 7 Khoon Maaf on Jhakaj Dikhhla Jaa 
[continue watch]
Public Review: Patiala House 
[continue watch]

MUMBAI: UTV Motion Pictures' Priyanka Chopra starrer Saat Khoon Maaf, which is directed by Vishal Bharadwaj, has done net business of approximately Rs 31 million (Rs 3.10 crore) on its opening day.

The movie saw poor opening at the box office at multiplexes and single screens on Friday morning. However, there was a slight pick-up at some multiplexes in the evening shows for Saat Khoon Maaf.

It may be recalled that like Saat Khoon Maaf, No One Killed Jessica, which was also an actress driven movie, did net collections of Rs 32.50 million (Rs 3.25 crore) in its opening day.

On the other hand, the Akshay Kumar - Anushka Sharma starrer Patiala House first week net collections were poor with approximately Rs 221.5 million (Rs 22.15 crore) at the Indian box office. The day-wise breakup is as follows: Friday - Rs 40.5 million (Rs 4.05 crore), Saturday - Rs 50.5 million (Rs 5.05 crore), Sunday - Rs 60.5 million (Rs 6.05 crore), Monday - Rs 27.5 million (Rs 2.75 crore), Tuesday - Rs 17.5 million (Rs 1.75 crore), Wednesday - Rs 15 million (Rs 1.5 crore), Thursday - Rs 10 million (Rs 1 crore).

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:56pm | IP Logged

Saat Khoon Maaf First Day Business

Saturday 19th February 2011 14.00 IST

Saat Khoon Maaf grossed around 3.35 crore nett on day one. The business was slightly higher than the similar No One Killed Jessica on day one but the release was also more extensive. The territorial breakdown is as follows.

Mumbai - 1.35 crore

Delhi/UP - 73 lakhs

East Punajb - 33 lakhs

West Bengal - 15 lakhs

CP Berar - 11 lakhs

CI - 9 lakhs

Rajasthan - 9 lakhs

Nizam - 16 lakhs

Mysore - 19 lakhs

Others - 12 lakhs

TOTAL - 3.32 crore

Go to top