Laagi Tujhse Lagan

16/02/10: Dutta aka Daredevil

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Throughout yesterday's episode, I was thinking: Matt Murdock, go home. Without further drag, and my usual babbling, I'll spare you from my boring introductions and just jump right into the...

Pros:

- You want me to say it, don't you? Okay, here it comes: Dutta. Dutta. Dutta. He was obviously the entire highlight of yesterday's episode, because we got more of him in it than we've gotten in the past month and a half altogether. You guys, he was present throughout the whole episode, and added to that, he was fighting his enemies blindfolded. Mishal was frigging awesome. I loved his expressions whenever he killed a BG, loved the slight insecurity on his face, because every time that he attacked an enemy, it was a risk. He could've calculated wrong a hundred times, but he didn't. Because our Dutta is that cool.

Can I do it? I have to do it. One two three...

*dhinchak dhinchak*

- When he wrote Nakusha's name on the wall... *swoon* Had it been anyone else in his place, I would've found the scene extremely cheesy, but Mishal is just such a brilliant performer that he can make the most cliche scenes come across as unique, touching, and beautiful. The way that he ran his hand over her name and his expressions; it was all just perfect. Those details are what really captures Dutta's essence and I was relieved that this time the camera focused a bit more on them.

- I have never seen Scowl so stupid πŸ˜† Man, his BGs were being put down one by one by a blind man and all he did was run from one place to another, scowling and frustrated. It was hilarious. I can't wait for him to tell Kala that he was within the same radius as D, yet he couldn't find him πŸ˜† Yaar, idiocy ki bhi hadh hoti hai.

- Last but never least, the brief Tasha moment. It was sweet. First, I thought they might make it cheesy with the telepathy thing, but then I realized that they weren't actually talking to each other. They were talking to themselves, but their connection is so strong that they were thinking along the same lines. That made the moment beautiful.

Cons:

- The fighting sequence was awesome purely because of Mishal's performance, but the directing could've been better. The camera angles were kind of disappointing and so were the movements of the camera when he kicked one of BGs. Knowing how brilliant Mishal is when in action, it really disappointed me that the director didn't steer the camera angles and movements better. The rush that could've come with the swift movement of Mishal's kick would've been so strong if the camera had moved fast and from another angle. Again, I think that the new director lacks some sense of understanding regarding Mishal's character and his skills. He doesn't know how to use them in a way that make the scenes stronger. I'm hoping that he either learns it, fast, or that we get back one of the former directors on the show. If you remember the fighting sequences during the Anna track when D had to save Naku... there was a sense of rush and power in the way that the camera focused on D, its angles and the way it followed him. The camera loves Mishal, but the director doesn't know how to "take advantage" of that.

That's my two cents, peeps. Crossing my fingers that today's episode upholds the current speed and doesn't disappoint.
Edited by Elysia - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Ana,
Kya post haiπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
U really sumed up the whole episode so well.
Ab tere positive train continue rakhnaπŸ˜‰
deactivated1 thumbnail
Meh. Mujhe director ka kuch karna parega. I can't stand it anymore. I want to feel the rush of Mishal's fighting.

Lekin positive train aaj chalu hai
deactivated1 thumbnail
I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so I'm just posting the link here:

I just got a video editing software and made a test run with this video-mix of Tasha... I thought I'd share, even though it's pretty bad...
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Ana: I agree on the camera angles. They are not satisfactory and dont do justice to MR in the action sequences. I hope the director who directed the fight sequence with Chaskar comes back.
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I know i know...I am not a big matt/daredevil fan myself..i rather like Bruce wayne/Batman...but still when Dutta lost his eyes...I wrote this long blabbering post begging for Dutta/Daredevil act as we have seen in Lafangey parindey and dushman...Now this week when my prayers were answered i was like...Thank u CV Thank U Cv..lol
Beees thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
U've said it all Ana!!!!!! Wat a grand appearance it was by our very own Dutta!!! Ur right abt the camera angles....i wish they had a lil more focus on Dutta's swift moves.
p.s loved ur VM 😊