Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Misti liked ur post and everyones discussions and between u all the points have been covered I felt the elder son's son as the male version of Vishaka for Dev and a chamcha of his greedy mother the elder bahu ,well lets see as the story unfolds and Rohan and Dev seem to be very friendly well its too early but lets see how the story unfolds. Radhika's stepbrother character I liked so far๐Ÿ˜†
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

thanks.. nice questions o share....

You are welcome.

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: misti73

Sorry Bee I posted the thread a bit late today. I was completely swamped at work and could not find time to write anything. Yeh I am guilty as charged regarding analysis....well thats how my brain is wired.๐Ÿ˜ณ  Thanks for your view and you have also seen Damo baba in Radhikas father. Do read my reply to Angies post......you might something interesting. As for the daima........Bee I am trying to act as if she does not exist......but failing. Whenever she smiles it reminds me of her smiling and taking the diya, setting the house on fire and then smiling when she realizes that Radhika is inside...yesterday I kept on expecting her to push the little boy in the river........and today I thought that she will set the stage on fire.     

oh oh ... -> (that is for u being swamped at work).

Thanks for writing back Mishti.

You seriously think Radhika's dad holds the key to her behavior? I am puzzled. Is the explanation the same that you have already written ur post or u think there is something else?

LOL ๐Ÿ˜†at ur take on Daayi ma .. Actually I too had such images in my mind too.
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Angie your reasoning regarding Radhika going to school is right and I would like a dialogue from the father explaining that ......something like he wants his adopted daughter to have all the stuff that she would have got if her birth parents were with her.....they are yet to show if the foster sister goes to school......if she does not because the father does not have a enough money then that might explain the mothers bitterness. Similar to you I also want to know whether there is a reason behind the mothers negative nature.....that is why Radhikas birth truth is needed. I mean what were the circumstances under which Radhika was adopted for the mother to have such negative feelings towards her. She does take care of her own children...it is only Radhika on whom she is angry at. What did she loose by bringing in Radhika into this family. If they are showing her like this then they should also give her reasons behind her actions. I have no problems with the actress who is playing this role......I just want to know the reasons behind her actions.
Actually, that's why she seemed different to me from Amma.  Here she was making her kids brush their teeth and admonishing the son for not going to the temple wearing slippers.  She seems to be spoiling her daughter to maybe show off  her husband.  She seems to be bitter that they are bringing up  a Brahmin girl and spending money to send her to Gurukul.  So, if father is spending on Radhika at the expense of her kids, you can see the resentment.  It is not justified but at least there is a reason for it.  Also, father seems to be different in the sense that he does want Radhika to enjoy too similar to his other kids.  

But,  again don't want a weak character who lets his wife spoil the child.  He talked about giving good values to a daughter and not to teach her that it is acceptable to take things from others.  But, still don't want him to stand silent while his wife abuses his  adopted daughter.  They need to show him different than Shastriji.  Show in a story how Radhika is confident and outspoken by showing some realistic interaction with brother and sister.  Again being good does not mean that your rights can be trampled.  This is against Kanha's teaching.

Before you mentioned about Damobaba from PR and I am seeing Tapu from Uttaran....Now I am wondering whether the fact that both of us have spoken about Uttaran being inspired from CB1 but with better writers and PRs once upon a time strong screenplay..........is it possible that the CB2 creative team have taken it as we want to see Uttaran and PR in CB2.......Heck! Then Kanha can also not save us.....I also mentioned Hasratein and Banegi apni baat.........Hasratein was about extramarital affair!!! Creatives those serials were meant as examples and I do not want to see them in CB2..........I want CB2 to be unique. 

I too want CB2 to be different.  It seems that Radhika and Dev are going to have a child marriage in that "Samuhik wedding".  Also, Radhika may not know Dev's real name judging from the precap.  But, don't copy the CB1 track blindly.  I hope that they are not going with PR or Uttaran except in the sense that there are stories for side characters that are linked with Dev and Radhika.

The movie that you mentioned is most probably main prem ki deewani hoon or something liked that..........That movie was a remake of an older Rajsri movie called Chitchor with Amol Parlekar enacting the role of Hritik, Zarina Wahab in Kareenas role and Vijayendra Ghatke in Abhisek Bachans role......Chitchor was good and far better than the later version. There too this guy comes in place of the actual person and falls in love with this girl.......Zarina Wahab played a very confident girl......her own birth mother used to shout ather and she had a I don't care attitude......she did exactly what she wanted and she chased after the character enacted by Amol Parlekar.
Yeah, that is the movie.  I haven't seen Chitchor but am familiar with the story.  It was subtle and the latter one was unnecessarily loud.  I saw few scenes of "Main prem ki deewani" and found the leads to be extremely loud.  Didn't care for either Kareena or Hritik.  But, the reason for quoting that movie is that they showed that other son Rohan to be more of a gentle creature who seems to send Dev for his errand.  So, here he sends Dev to find out about Radhika and that's where they show Dev's dilemma as he is obligated to this family.  Would like to see Radhika similar to Zarina's character and not bow down to any pressure.  Show her more modern in that sense.

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Extreme negativity usually has a reason behind it and that is why the POV of the negative character needs to be shown. That is if they want to keep the show logical but if they again want to artificially bring in melodrama then that is another matter.As for out spoken......what is the use of being outspoken to Dev when she is quiet and meek in front of others. Whatever I have written regarding Radhika is what I have seen in the first two episodes..........she might become completely outspoken later on....but that is in the future.........Just by them telling me via different media outlets that Radhika is outspoken and now not taking care of her character development is an example of lazy writing. The onus of explaining a character through screenplay is on the writers and not on the audience.As for Gopi Desai she is giving me creeps and all the time I am expecting her to either push young Dev into water or set the stage on fire. 

Misti and Neerja,  I too find it hard to see Gopi in that role and her smile does remind me of the scene where she embraces Radhika before the pheras.  Very creepy and can not understand the reasoning behind bringing her back when the character played by her in CB1 was so hated and never got punished.  If they had to bring back somebody other than Avina, why not Dev's father.  That actor looked impressive as RP whereas Dadaji didn't.  But, it is too early to say.

As far as outspoken Radhika is concerned, she was quite outspoken to Dev too in CB1.  I did not like her character at that time when she used to constantly tell Dev that he is not treating Vishaka nicely knowing fully well that Vishaka was doing roles in item songs behind the whole PF back.   She was also outspoken and blunt when Dev pleaded with her to let him divorce Vishaka so that three lives are not destroyed.  That's why no desire to see that Radhika again.  She should be strong against injustices regardless of who is doing it.  I don't want to again see an abused Radhika who in turn became abusive.  They never dealt with that part and showed remorse or realization on Radhika's part about that.  

It is kind of funny that I was just looking at my first posts couple of days ago and they were actually against Radhika.   When I started writing in the forum,  I had stopped sympathizing with Radhika and actually wanted Dev to dump both Vishaka and Radhika for spoiling his life. I think it was around the time Radhika emotionally blackmailed Dev into letting Vishaka participate in their wedding and sent her to Delhi despite Dadi's displeasure.
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

Misti liked ur post and everyones discussions and between u all the points have been covered I felt the elder son's son as the male version of Vishaka for Dev and a chamcha of his greedy mother the elder bahu ,well lets see as the story unfolds and Rohan and Dev seem to be very friendly well its too early but lets see how the story unfolds. Radhika's stepbrother character I liked so far๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Chalhov.........you mean Virat here or Rohan? Radhikas foster brother is the one who interests me most now.   
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

oh oh ... -> (that is for u being swamped at work).

Thanks for writing back Mishti.

You seriously think Radhika's dad holds the key to her behavior? I am puzzled. Is the explanation the same that you have already written ur post or u think there is something else?

LOL ๐Ÿ˜†at ur take on Daayi ma .. Actually I too had such images in my mind too.

You are welcome Bee......Yeh its that time of the year ......when everything is coming  at the same time .

As for Radhika whatever I have written is coming from how the character is being portrayed. Either they are still no sure as to how the character is going to played out and so the director is not able to explain to the child actor ........or this is how she is. 
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Taks Chalhov.........you mean Virat here or Rohan? Radhikas fodter brother is the one who interests me most now.   

well I meant Virat.Rohan has handed everything to DEv on a plate๐Ÿ˜†
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

But,  again don't want a weak character who lets his wife spoil the child.  He talked about giving good values to a daughter and not to teach her that it is acceptable to take things from others.  But, still don't want him to stand silent while his wife abuses his  adopted daughter.  They need to show him different than Shastriji.  Show in a story how Radhika is confident and outspoken by showing some realistic interaction with brother and sister.  Again being good does not mean that your rights can be trampled.  This is against Kanha's teaching.

Its the dialogues given to the mother that is reminding me of amma......I want to see more of Radikas interaction with the foster siblings ......and also Radhika with father. The actors are there and it is high time that they are utilised and not wasted. 

Yeah, that is the movie.  I haven't seen Chitchor but am familiar with the story.  It was subtle and the latter one was unnecessarily loud.  I saw few scenes of "Main prem ki deewani" and found the leads to be extremely loud.  Didn't care for either Kareena or Hritik.  But, the reason for quoting that movie is that they showed that other son Rohan to be more of a gentle creature who seems to send Dev for his errand.  So, here he sends Dev to find out about Radhika and that's where they show Dev's dilemma as he is obligated to this family.  Would like to see Radhika similar to Zarina's character and not bow down to any pressure.  Show her more modern in that sense.

If they are planning it this way then I definitely want to see the character enacted by Zarina Wahab....or to have shades of that character. She was full of confidence......she never raised her voice but people knew that once she has decided on something she will do it.......she stood up when she saw the character enacted by Parlekar being insulted...Kareena overacted, shrieked and screeched and pouted.....I can see how you saw the similarity. 
]

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

well I meant Virat.Rohan has handed everything to DEv on a plate๐Ÿ˜†

He did not hand it over.....he gave it because he was not interested.๐Ÿ˜‰....what will happen if he gets interested?๐Ÿ˜›