anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

Gulmohour is a publicly traded company (Aryan says that he wants to sell his shares) and Armaan and Jassi have been forging numbers probably from few quarters now...

How can that go unnoticed from share holders and how can they publish those numbers. Are they not going to be sued for that or may be jailed for that...

Just my thoughts...how can they go unnoticed like this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jprasad thumbnail
lol...that's what I was thinking...some outsider knew of Gulmohour's
situation and the insiders are oblivious????
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Says a lot about the competance about the board of membersπŸ˜†

Well,Aryan has found out,finally!!

But companies have been known to forge a lot and sometimes they go undetected for long periods of time,Enron being a case in point.

pj04 thumbnail

well actually it is very easy to keep forging/adjusting accounting figures even legally, thanks to the universal loopholes in accounting techniques and latitudes offered by ever changing tax codes. almost all the big companies(nortel, cisco to enron) have gone through it. shareholders can hardly guess it specially in everchanging market of fashions.

as for boardmember not knowing it....armaan and jassi have been very secretive...the only way to know for sure the company's state is to see at available cash in the bank accounts....unfortunately aryan has to struggle/fight to see the balance sheets.....bank statements are out of question. the only way he can do this is by declaring open war where he is sure to lose ...thanks to jassi's number crunching skills , mallika's pout and suri sr's partiality.

on a different note power struggles are not unusual in partnership companies(there was a certain instance in reliance industries in past month where there seemed to be power struggle amongst the ambani bros)....we would have seen this more earlier , had seth sr survived the accident. the only irony is that the most incompetant person amongst all partners is sitting at that chair and ruining all the hard work of his dad to ground. he was even foolish enough (can't emphasie this enough) to hand over gm to jassi on a platter. i keep wondering what he was thinking from a business point of view(have said it ...will say it again....he did not follow even the basics of management..day one stuff..probably partied his way thru mba).

smita24 thumbnail
One more thing i was wondering, how can jassi just resign and go like this she was also involved in this deed. She should also be equally punished for the same. How can T & D  take this thing so lightly ?
jprasad thumbnail
but if she goes to jail, then the show will end. all kaput 🀒   and then
what am I supposed to do, have you ever thought about that? πŸ˜•
smita24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

but if she goes to jail, then the show will end. all kaput 🀒   and then
what am I supposed to do, have you ever thought about that? πŸ˜•

Serial will definetely end in another 2-3 months. After that what will you do ??? But JASSI MUST GET PUNISHED.

WO ARMAAN KO PHASAAKAR BHAAG RAHI HAI 😭

queenbee thumbnail
pj04...... I agree with all the bits here but as for saying that armaan is the most imcompetent of the lot... did u know that mukesh ambani LIED about being an MBA from Stanford? this was a Tehelka expose... but since when has his qualification or lack of it made him an incompetent businessperson πŸ˜• Even Reliance, for all its reputation and making-shareholders-laugh-all-the-way-to-the-bank philosoph ies and grandiose future plans is still DEBATING on introducing the concept of corporate governance... what does that say about the ethics and management principles of India's largest business house and possibly others? Mukesh Ambani has also been in the news for favoring or at least, seeming to favor certain parties who stand to benefit from several under-the-table transactions, floating fake investment companies for personal gain, etc etc. Yet a poll conducted of several members of the stockbroking community showed them backing Mukesh Ambani by a whopping majority - like u say, he is still seen as a trustworthy and capable businessman. If Armaan Suri employs some questionable tactics to ensure the survival of his company, THAT is seen as being spineless and incompetent!?!?!

Truth is, ethics and morals be damned, at least in India. It's the survival of the fittest. In fact, IIM introduced (or last I heard, was contemplating on introducing) a course on ethical governance in response to the growing need for educating management students on business malpractices - the scale of which is mindblowing at least in India. Everyone knows that more power breeds more corruption, not less... and Armaan Suri simply did what any Ambani would do too - he found a yes-(wo)man he could trust and control to buy enough time to turn the company around. What's so spineless about that? If Reliance was ever to face a financial crunch in the future, who knows to what lengths the Ambanis would go - and then go ahead and win "Businessperson of the Year" Awards to boot...if Armaan Suri does it, he's called a jerk!!??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
jprasad thumbnail
πŸ˜‰   I was just kidding.
pj04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

pj04...... I agree with all the bits here but as for saying that armaan is the most imcompetent of the lot... did u know that mukesh ambani LIED about being an MBA from Stanford? this was a Tehelka expose... but since when has his qualification or lack of it made him an incompetent businessperson πŸ˜• Even Reliance, for all its reputation and making-shareholders-laugh-all-the-way-to-the-bank philosoph ies and grandiose future plans is still DEBATING on introducing the concept of corporate governance... what does that say about the ethics and management principles of India's largest business house and possibly others? Mukesh Ambani has also been in the news for favoring or at least, seeming to favor certain parties who stand to benefit from several under-the-table transactions, floating fake investment companies for personal gain, etc etc. Yet a poll conducted of several members of the stockbroking community showed them backing Mukesh Ambani by a whopping majority - like u say, he is still seen as a trustworthy and capable businessman. If Armaan Suri employs some questionable tactics to ensure the survival of his company, THAT is seen as being spineless and incompetent!?!?!

Truth is, ethics and morals be damned, at least in India. It's the survival of the fittest. In fact, IIM introduced (or last I heard, was contemplating on introducing) a course on ethical governance in response to the growing need for educating management students on business malpractices - the scale of which is mindblowing at least in India. Everyone knows that more power breeds more corruption, not less... and Armaan Suri simply did what any Ambani would do too - he found a yes-(wo)man he could trust and control to buy enough time to turn the company around. What's so spineless about that? If Reliance was ever to face a financial crunch in the future, who knows to what lengths the Ambanis would go - and then go ahead and win "Businessperson of the Year" Awards to boot...if Armaan Suri does it, he's called a jerk!!??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

very true queenbee...agree at most of what you have to say ....when i said incompetant...i meant he was most incompetant out of seths and suris.

on a different note let us be honest ....even in worst situations can you see ambanis hand over thier empire to a yes-woman. it is like handing over your destiny. what is funny is he felt that jassi was a better candidate than mallika(who would probably be more in his control) or aryan(ok...i agree that is like losing badly) but if he was so concerned about company , he should have considered all alternatives. by the way first lesson you learn in a management class or corporate world is to never trust anyone.....keep an upper hand .....and know that human factor is always unreliable. most top notch tycoons hesitate handing over thier empires to thier family members  and spouses.....this guy hands it over to a girl outsidehis family(ok...she was an yes woman but it takes a sec for people to change when they have power_.as for what ambanis would have done in similar situation....they would have cheated, blackmailed, got more partners aboard,taken help from thier board of directors, married into money but never handed over the company to someone knowing that they would have lost it eventually....that is why they get businessman of the year award and armaan is called incompetant. also the way armaan handed over gm to jassi is know as corporate fraud(the law states the company cannot be tranferred to its employee in lieu of a small amount.....).which is what happened

on a different point of view......armaan is shamed and loses gm bcoz of his karam but pray tell me what was the fault of seths that they end up losing the company too(jassi has a complete contol over gm). jassi resigns after cooking up the numbers....everybody else is left to face the aftermath and clean up after her.ethically both armaan and jassi are responsible and should be punished equally.

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago