Posted: 13 years ago
It's been almost a year since Choti Bahu, the show that made the 7.30 pm slot popular on Zee TV, wrapped up. The last thing lead pair Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilayak, who played Dev and Radhika respectively, was expecting is that the show would have season two, which flags off tomorrow evening.

"We were feeling very low because we couldn't detach ourselves from the show. Even on the last day of our shoot, we didn't believe that Choti Bahu, which had a TRP of over three points every week, was ending," recalls Sachdev. "Rubina and I went on a holiday but within weeks after we returned, the Zee TV team offered us the show's next season."

Commenting on their romance turning from reel to real, Dilayak says, "We owe a lot to this show because our romance started on the sets. We first became best friends and now, are in love. We've decided to do something very special tonight for our show's curtain raiser."

"Meanwhile, Avinash and I have our own special plan. Apart from thanking the show, we'll also thank God for giving us each other for the rest of our life."

Given that the show, even around the time of being pulled off air during season one, was riding high on TRPs, wouldn't there be the pressure to deliver this time too? Dilayak says, "Both the seasons are quite different. Earlier, we were competing with ourselves because no one had new shows in the 7.30 pm slot. Now, we'll have to compete with ourselves because we have set a benchmark, and we have other shows to compete with because a couple of them are already doing well. It's business at the end of the day. None of the channels would like to rank second, right?"

Speaking about Ratan Rajput, whose rural drama, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, makes way for their show, Sachdev says, "We'll meet her if possible. Or we'll at least speak to her on the phone. We're back on screen together while it is curtains down for her show. Rubina and I completely understand Ratan's feelings today."

Thnaks for sharing. but wt do they talk abt curtain raiser...tonight...?
they may show curtain raiser tomorrow........keep guessing๐Ÿ˜‰
thanks for sharing madhu ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
thanks for the article Madhu  eagerly waiting for tomorrows  curtain raiser
Thnx for the article.I thnk we shouldn't lose hope & keep our fingers crossed.The curtain raiser migth be there tomorrow.
THANKS for the article! i really like rubina's statement regarding to their romance๐Ÿ˜ณ
Thanks for the article
Thanks for the article.

"Rubina and I went on a holiday but within weeks after we returned, the Zee TV team offered us the show's next season."

Ahhhhhhh.....Avinash's interview was posted by telebuzz in mid-october.........I think they came back from USA at the end of October. ...and then within weeks the new show was offered. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ...Its nice when everything clicks into place.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
madhu thanks for the article dear........๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ