Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Daughters vs. Sons

mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Do u think mothers love their daughters or their sons more. People who say that women love their daughters more argue that when a woman's daughter gets married she wants her to be happy. She wants her to spend as much time as she can with her husband and live happily with him. These women dont mind that their daughters aren't with them and living in other places because they are happpy there. The people say that they love their daughters so much that they want them to be happy even if its away from their parents. Now the proponents of women loving their sons more say that women love their sons so much that they cant handle sharing them with their wives. They say taht they love them so much taht they are willing to destroy their son's marriages so they dont have to share their sons with another woman. They say that a woman's love for her son is so obsessive that she would rather he was unhappy and with her then happy with his wife.
P.S. We all know that most women want their daughters happpy with their husbands, yet cause problems for their daughter in laws. I know not all women are like that but most of them do want one thing for their daughters and another for their daughter in law. Most women wud rather their son in law do the dishes than their daughter but if their daughter in law does the same thing they will say that what a horrible woman my son came from work tired and she wants him to work in kitchen and do dishes and what a bad wife she is.

rebelqueen Senior Member
rebelqueen
rebelqueen

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
i think that since a mother is a woman-she knows the importance of her daughter staying with her husband and all..just as she has-have a gud husband/family and all of that...
as far as sons r the issue,in india....families r obsessed with the male child....so just the thought of sharing him with another woman of his age scares them....so the biased feelings-
and no matter what-a daughter is a daughter and a daughter-in-law is a daughter-in law.not even by mistake can 1 interchange these places....this is the attitude-so it's difficult 4 all concerned
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
i think a mom has a soft corner for their son and fathers for their daughter.....
Tongue
paagalhoonmain IF-Rockerz
paagalhoonmain
paagalhoonmain

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 4:59am | IP Logged
i think mothers love each of their child,may be son or daughter
dare_dis_devil Groupbie
dare_dis_devil
dare_dis_devil

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raghavgautam

i think mothers love each of their child,may be son or daughter

...yeps, i agree! but at d sme point....i also agree wid d whole "mamma's boy n papa's gurl"thing....... but thts not to say tat momm dun' luv their daughters....its just tht daughters bond bigtime....(as a buddy types)...wid their dads....n moms r like....the teachers....who always tells u wht's rite n whts wrong.....
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mkzara

Most women wud rather their son in law do the dishes than their daughter but if their daughter in law does the same thing they will say that what a horrible woman my son came from work tired and she wants him to work in kitchen and do dishes and what a bad wife she is.

Clap LOL that is true for lots of women. I don't have right to judge anyone here 'coz I don't have a son with whom I have spend 25 years raised him and then handed over to some girl (dil) or a daughter who is married. I would not know physcological or emotional turbulence of such mother. All I can say that this is true to most of the women, even educated women. It could be analyzed that "all people are SELFISH" they want "their" kids to be happy... this "my" "our" "me" "I" words are responsible for it. It's just plain human nature. And some are really really really good enough who can control this "my" factor and be rational in their relashionships. Otherwise most of us are like what you said above.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top