Debate Mansion

Girls as merchandize

mkzara thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Have u people ever noticed that when women want girls for their sons they view the girl as merchandize. Its like the girl should be this tall, this skinny, have this color eyes, she should have this color hair, this color skin, she should behave this way, she should wear this, and on and on and on. All these women have demands like when u go out shopping u r like i want a dress which is this color, has this design and etc. Then when the women come to see the girl the girl has to dress up and make food or tea and parade in front of them like they are looking to buy to something and taking it for a test run. The girls are paraded around like models so the mothers and sisters of the guys can see. I dont know about u guys i completely detest this ritual because it demeans the girls. It's kinda like saying oh look at me i am so good and pretty take me to be ur son's wife cause i am so great.what do u guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hazelgirl thumbnail
i think its really silly.. 😛 😛 😛
dare_dis_devil thumbnail
Originally posted by: hazelgirl

i think its really silly.. 😛 😛 😛

yeah...itz def. damn silly n dumb treating gals like tat....

but methinks times r changin' ya know.....it aint as LS as it used 2 b earlier.....
paagalhoonmain thumbnail
cudnt understand much of this topic
rebelqueen thumbnail
yeah..nice topic....
1 thing i find very wierd is that every individual on this planet will theoretically go against this system....but when it comes 2 having their sons/daughter married.....it's back 2 square 1.....
but altogether....it's wrong-no doubt
nightangel thumbnail
one word its come like "marry-goround"... 😛
mkzara thumbnail
Originally posted by: rebelqueen

yeah..nice topic....
1 thing i find very wierd is that every individual on this planet will theoretically go against this system....but when it comes 2 having their sons/daughter married.....it's back 2 square 1.....

I am not for this system. i refuse to let my mom do this when she is looking for a girl for my brother or my aunt when is looking for girls for her sons. i am gonna evolve beyond this system and maybe after a couple of women start doing this others will do it as well and we will become more of a nicer society whcih isn't so horrible to women.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
hi Zara , this is the frustrating part of arranged marriage very often . My sisters- in law( nanad and bhabhi) had arranged marriages and although my family was not the parade the girl type , but they had to endure this demeaning thing when they met other boys parents . They were asked to sing , walk !! Its highly insulting . I think every girl must refuse to particpate in this horrible ritual.
mkzara thumbnail
i agree with indygirl that all girls should refuse to participate in this demeaning ritual. I mean the boy's side why do they think that they r so great and actually doing u a favor by marrying ur daughters or sisters or watever. I mean if they think the girl and her family are beneath them then they shouldn't marry their son over there and if they r marrying over there then they obviously think that they r good enough. I for one am not going to do this ever because i am very likely to throw the tea and snacks at them.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: mkzara

because i am very likely to throw the tea and snacks at them.

😆 You go girl !!!