Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Do you agree with Bush?D*O*T*W

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Hi debators !! since this subject is in the news these days .I thought why not make it the debate of the week !!Tongue
*Aparna*

Hi all,

Well recently it has been revealed that President Bush has authorized the use of "spying" on American citizens....basically the NSA (national security agency) can listen in to any phone calls and intercept any e-mail of anyone in the U.S. whom they suspect could be terrorists.  This can be done even w/o any real concrete proof against the person...and evidently it's been going on since 9/11...

many ppl are upset b/c they feel Bush is taking too much power and this is totally against our civil liberties...

what do u think?  Do u agree with Bush that this will make America safer from terrorism or do u think this is wrong and against the civil liberties of the U.S. citizens..?

Edited by indygirl - 28 December 2005 at 1:49pm

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
no idea... Wink Wink but i think its bad
dare_dis_devil Groupbie
dare_dis_devil
dare_dis_devil

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 5:00am | IP Logged
well, i dont think tat dis "spying" thing is gonna mke US a safer plc....

n yeah, dis obviously is a breach of privacy....
SuperDuper01 Senior Member
SuperDuper01
SuperDuper01

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 5:46am | IP Logged
50% rite and 50% rong
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Well I think if it is to protect citizens from terrorism it is ok to spy.
However, we know that people are corrupted at all level and it could be sometime unsafe to give power to spy citizens without any proof. It could be sometime done to harrase someone out of their personal interest. I really don't like this idea of spying citizens as you feel. This certainly is breach of privacy and I think citizens should be able to live in their country and have their personal life. They should find some other option or spy on people after some proof. I don't think I would trust any officer..who knows they may be doing for their personal interest. I really don't trust people easily...Trust in God, But Lock Your Car kind of thing... Wink

nightangel IF-Sizzlerz
nightangel
nightangel

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 6:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sania_Hitler

50% rite and 50% rong

i agree with  Sania..

TiN24 Goldie
TiN24
TiN24

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Bush was, is and will always be a complete stupid idiot. If spying in on people's calls is his new tactful way of catching so called terrorists........then whatever happened to "the right of freedom, the right to freedom of speech, and all other rights"?????? How can you (as an american) citizen honestly say that you feel totally comfortable knowing that people are listening in on your phone calls? Don't you feel you are loosing your freedom of right to talk to whom ever you want?

And Bush....FYI.....how is spying in on phone calls gonna make is more safer for people and easier for you to catch terrorists? If the terrorists were smart enough to run 2 planes into the 2 towers without a hitch...don't you think they would be smart enough not to talk on the phone knowing your people are listening in????

I swear to God....who made him president? I don't live in America nor am I American....but from what I know and have seen....Bush is a total idiot and a mooron. Some people may agree with me, some may not...but this is totally my own opinion. Big smile
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bgdesai

Well I think if it is to protect citizens from terrorism it is ok to spy.
However, we know that people are corrupted at all level and it could be sometime unsafe to give power to spy citizens without any proof. It could be sometime done to harrase someone out of their personal interest. I really don't like this idea of spying citizens as you feel. This certainly is breach of privacy and I think citizens should be able to live in their country and have their personal life. They should find some other option or spy on people after some proof. I don't think I would trust any officer..who knows they may be doing for their personal interest. I really don't trust people easily...Trust in God, But Lock Your Car kind of thing... Wink

i have the same view! Smile

Go to top