Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Lara lights up the style signal…

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
"I am old fashioned!"

…she exclaims. Dressed in a short black number with a dangerously low neckline, Lara stands in straight contradiction to her statement. She looks at our fallen faces and chides, "Well, you asked me my style maxim, so this is it…" 'Old fashioned…?' we ask, the disbelief still big on our face. "Poor you, let me explain…" she smiles.

" While New York likes to live in black I was like a titli flaunting big bright colors"

"I belong to the more classic school of dressing. To me simple is splendid. We point out that she can carry off solid colors very well. "Yeah…but I love multi colors. Being an Arien, fire colors work well for me. So while in New York, where practically everyone wears black, I was this titli flaunting my red, flaming orange & yellows." Do pastels agree with her? "Oh yes. I like the soft hues. But am partial to vibrant ones. The brighter the better" she enthuses.

"I own 900 pairs of shoes!"

Any fetish that she feeds? "Oops, you caught me on that. I am crazy about belts and shoes. I believe that one good accessory can enhance your entire look. Don't think it's a good thing to say but I own 900 pairs of shoes!" she says, her eyes lighting up. 'What!' we exclaim. "Yeah…it's kind a crazy but I can't resist them. If I spot a good pair, I simply go berserk. I have to buy it irrespective of the price tag!" 'There is no business like 'shoe-biz' we wonder aloud, "You betcha!" Lara giggles.

"I love gymming!"

So what is her take on her on-screen looks? "I think I am lucky to have debuted with Andaaz. It offered me the scope of sampling with an indo-western look," she states. "In the first half, I went all glam wearing corsets, skirts and trousers while the later half had me in a Hindustani avatar. That was pretty interesting" she recollects. Our personal pick would have to be her sultry gaon ki gori look in Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost, we tell her. "Yeah. I too loved Kanchi's look.

"The film rubbished assumptions that I couldn't look Indian"

And then there is the recent Elaan where she sizzles with John. "Yeah, I play a bar dancer, so she's got to be sensuous. But since we shot in Venice in freezing conditions, you see me sport a lot of winter wear. So a lot of long jackets and trench coats came onto the screen" But these looks still don't take the Lara away from her, we tell her. "I agree. Eventually you got to have a definite sense of style. I like to believe I have one"

"I am here to give people what they want!"

So what is the regime that lets her squeeze into the tiny numbers? "Have to admit that I am a big foodie! But yes I don't miss my exercise spells. I love gymming. It's my stress buster. So I try and use as much time my work allows me," replies the hot bod. And how does she react to the label of 'hot'? "Well, eventually I am here to give people what they want" she gets candid. But is there one thing that she did never do on screen? "I will do anything that I am convinced of. But may be not a bikini shot, I am not comfortable wearing one" she lets out a coy Lara.

"A good butt is a great turn on!"

Now that she has spilled her style potion. What is it about men, that turns on the Bollywood beauty? "A good butt is a great turn on," Lara says sportingly. And what if a guy were to make a pass at her? "Do you think guys would dare that…but if it ever happened, I would whack him for sure!" That reminds us of her model boyfriend, Kelly Dorjee. What if another girl hit on him? As we await some fireworks, she delivers a downer "I would just ignore it". Finally is there one woman she doesn't mind loosing Kelly to…"If I had to, I would pick Catherine Zeta Jones. But the point remains, would I want him back…" she spins us a spunky repartee.

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing!!
*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Thnks for sharing!
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing. Smile
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
900 pairs of shoes, thats crazy. I have like 3. LOL
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Selina

900 pairs of shoes, thats crazy. I have like 3. LOL

LOLLOLLOL!!!

NOW i know where all the snakes went AngryAngryAngry
alveera Goldie
alveera
alveera

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 7:54am | IP Logged
thanks 4 sharing
KhoobsuratKhusi Senior Member
KhoobsuratKhusi
KhoobsuratKhusi

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 7:59am | IP Logged

i hv probably more than 100 pairs...., but 900 is still not that much.  i don't know y u ppl is shocked.   i love shoes and purse omg im crazy bout them. u want belive how many purses i own, i can't even count.  may be around150 or more.  but i love purses. wut can i say..  sad thing is my mom she woun't let me buy n e more shoesCry.  purses i can buy... (thats very  good thing for me)  oh my god sorry back to the topic, ya 900 is not much ....

just my opp..

Edited by KhoobsuratKhusi - 17 February 2005 at 8:29am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top